Author Topic: Badly done Mole Bouncy "My very Republican father is now hoping for impeachment.  (Read 1455 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
TXPaganBanker (37 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212116037

My very Republican father is now hoping for impeachment.

My 71 year old father lives with me so I can take help take care of him; there are chores and things he just can't do on his own any more. He's worked in the defense industry for the past 49 years, and is slated to retire this June when that number rolls to 50. And by "works in the defense industry", I mean his livelihood depends on making things explode from far, far away for the U.S. Military.

We have an agreement, he doesn't watch Fox or OneAmericaNews when I'm home, I wait till he's asleep to watch MSNBC and CNN. We will discuss different stories, and usually keep it fairly high level because of our differences of opinion. Yesterday we were discussing more of the checks and balances Trump is ignoring thru stonewalling Congress. My father said something I never expected to hear.

"I hope they impeach him, we don't need him in office any more. If he stays in office, I'm going to have to vote Democrat, which I really don't wanna. But if Trump's out, I can at least vote for the next 'not-Hillary'."

So, he's still a Republican, but he's acknowledging that Trump is toxic to the party and is harming the country. I swear support for impeachment of a Republican president is something I never expected to cross his lips.

oh, for fuques' face, people... We've taught you better than this!

dawn5651 (38 posts) <---- obvious sock puppet mole

1. i have found

in many instances that there are 2 types of republicans ..there are those that blindly believe whatever the russian asset spews and then there are the ones who are looking at what he is doing to the united states and they are appalled...folks don't like it when the constitution is used like toilet paper and the russian asset has been doing that since before he was sworn in.

CDerekGo (237 posts)

2. Writing on the Wall?

That he sees that Trump is SO toxic, he may be the cause and failure of GOP?

:whatever:

Star Member SleeplessinSoCal (4,945 posts)

4. the bifurcation of news is pure poison to democracy.

For some odd reason  Republicans fear the word "democratic". They had to try to turn it into an expletive. They are complete cowards and unpatriotic xenophobes.

:mental:

Gibbyman01 (3 posts)   <---- obvious DNC mole

16. Impeachment now

I once was against impeaching dumb Donald but seeing how this clown is now becoming a dictator, the Democrats need to impeach Dumb Donald now they need to explain to the American people that impeaching dumb Donald will not removed him from office that he must receive all the Democrats and 20 Republicans votes in the Senate to be remove they must explain that the only way to receive the full reports from the special counselor is to impeach..the Attorney General can not stop them from receiving the unducted special counselor report.. I'm sure everyone including his space out base would love to know what he trying to hide if nothing there let it show..

:yawn:

FreepFryer (4,979 posts)

8. NICE! That's great to hear... it's working, if we can just keep from attacking Democrats...

...for perceived inaction. Groundswells take time.

:thatsright:

Star Member Honeycombe8 (36,123 posts)

10. Did you explain to your dad that impeachment won't remove Trump from office?

The impeachment would be by the House Democrats. It's a pretty sure thing that the Republican McConnell Senate won't impeach. So the impeachment would be on paper, for historical purposes, but would not remove him from office.

Like Bill Clinton's impeachment.

I wonder if he'd want impeachment, if he knew that. Or does he know that?

:lmao: Like I said, stupid bouncy, kids.

Star Member progressoid (43,850 posts)

11. "we don't need him in office any more"

Yeah, he did what he was voted in to do - stack the courts. Don't need him anymore.

:-)

Raven123 (936 posts)

12. Ironically he makes a case against impeachment

Impeaching Trump gives the die-hard MAGATs a reason to vote against the Dem candidate (anger, as if some needed any more) and those who regret their vote a GOP alternative candidate. Perhaps Pelosi believes there are many more voters like this.

Star Member malaise (189,898 posts)

20. Please tell daddy that it's Democratic

Oh, stup the **** up, you ****ing hag. You don't vote for Democratic. You vote for Democrats. Stupid bitch.  :censored:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline jukin

The DUchebags make me happy for when the shit hits the fan.  Death to them all.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Zero bongs, completely lacking in creativity.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Tess Anderson

Offline SVPete

Does this father vote early and often at the ______ Memorial Park precinct? :rimshot:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline 67 Rover

Damn!  What a loser!

First person in history to not lose any weight while on chemo.  :whatever:

"Unfortunately, besides the not-insignificant toll the chemo is taking on my body,"
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
First person in history to not lose any weight while on chemo.  :whatever:

"Unfortunately, besides the not-insignificant toll the chemo is taking on my body,"

And it says his middle name is "Wombat".

Can't say his Republican father didn't have a sense of humor.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline Adam Wood

...[T]hey must explain that the only way to receive the full reports from the special counselor is to impeach.

Where do they come up with this crap?  I mean, seriously, who is telling them this garbage?

Democrats in House: "We've subpoenaed the unredacted report."

Sane people in the DOJ: "It's literally illegal to release grad jury testimony or identities. You Democrats literally voted to make this a law back when Clinton was impeached.  We're not going to violate the law no matter what your subpoena says."

Democrats in House: "Yeah? Well it's part of an impeachment now, so you have to give it to us now."

Sane people in the DOJ: "Actually, no, whether it's impeachment or not, we're under no obligation to violate the law for your whim. Why would you think otherwise?"

Democrats in House: "Well....ummmmmm.... Because it's impeachment, that's why!"

Sane people in the DOJ: "Yeah, well, enjoy pounding sand."

Offline SVPete

Where do they come up with this crap?  I mean, seriously, who is telling them this garbage?

DU AG Laserhaas. :rimshot:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Adam Wood

DU AG Laserhaas. :rimshot:

Heh!  I guess so.  The idea that a subpoena for an impeachment is some sort of super-duper magical subpoena that cannot be refuted clearly has come straight out of some DUmmie's colon.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Heh!  I guess so.  The idea that a subpoena for an impeachment is some sort of super-duper magical subpoena that cannot be refuted clearly has come straight out of some DUmmie's colon.

It is amazing what delusional thoughts emerge from the bottom of a bong.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Delmar

My 71 year old father lives with me

He lives with mooches off his father. 
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline landofconfusion80

Trump: this witch hunt is over, no collusion whatsoever.

Pelosi: hold my beer
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)