Author Topic: we are screwed  (Read 1228 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
we are screwed
« on: May 21, 2019, 12:26:57 PM »
Star Member kpete (62,121 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212115231

Either this is Bullshit or we are screwed: Mueller's team expressed reticence to him testifying...

NEWS: Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s team has expressed reticence to him testifying publicly in front of the House Judiciary Committee, according to sources familiar with the matter. His team has expressed that he does not want to appear political. w/@LauraAJarrett @jeremyherb

I am hoping that "Mueller's team" is a single DOJ rat, not Mueller himself, but perhaps hope is a passing fancy of mine, kp

Star Member COLGATE4 (12,917 posts)

1. Yep. We just got the sting. nt

:loser:

Star Member Skittles (120,347 posts)

3. WHY won't people put AMERICA above their PARTY

THIS IS RIDICULOUS

Star Member CentralMass (6,753 posts)

6. Too late. He appeared political when he punted on drawing obvious conclusions.

You would like to believe that there are at least some republicans with so integrity and patriotism with a sense to do the right thing. That doesn't appear to be the case.

standingtall (2,021 posts)

7. Wait I thought his team was upset with how Barr misrepresented their report

So why wouln't they want to testify to set the record straight?

:lmao:

Star Member VOX (21,433 posts)

9. Be wary of disinformation these days. It's an old KGB staple, and it is rampant.

One can usually spot it: “sources say,” “many people think,” “everyone knows,” and so on.

The White House serves it (not) fresh, daily.

:mental:

Thomas Hurt (3,028 posts)

17. neither did Comey and see what that got him...he still ended up being political

sack up Mueller, you were political the second you took the gig.

matt819 (7,465 posts)

18. Not a worry troll

But. . .

On tv legal dramas, the saying goes that you don't ask a witness a question you don't already know the answer to.

I think that's the problem here for Democrats. For all that we put our hopes on the Mueller report, it has been - or at least so far appeared to be - a dud. My fear is that direct questions will result in him saying, no, there's no legal basis for obstruction. Or, sure, there were a lot of indications of conspiracy with the Russians, but no evidence that would justify an indictment. And he's certainly ot going to offer an opinion that, sure, Trump is guilty as hell on obstruction and conspiracy, but we just can't prove it.

Same with McGahn.

I don't know about McGahn's history, but Mueller has a spotless (I think) history of just doing his damn job. He prosecuted bad guys, and they went to jail. He rose to the highest levels of the DOJ. I haven't seen anyone describe him as anything other than a man of honor.

But. . . he and McGahn are still Republicans, maybe of the old school, but still, Republicans. We all know we are in uncharted waters, and it will only be the courage of Republicans to break the stranglehold. And, let's face it. There's no such thing as a courageous Republican.

:whatever:

stillcool (25,023 posts)

21. I think obstruction is provable...

but Mueller chose not to indict a sitting President, because of the sitting President part. The part about the Trump campaign working alongside the Russians to eff up our elections is what is not provable...but the obstruction part we see every damn day.

:stoner:

Mme. Defarge (4,452 posts)

22. Is testifying publicly a national security concern?

::)
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

Re: we are screwed
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 01:17:41 PM »
My understanding is that Mueller does not want to participate in the Dems' partisan public circus. But might be less unwilling to testify with doors closed. IOW, my take is that he'd willingly testify (without subpoena) in private, but that would not give the Dems the show-trial atmosphere they want. Maybe Mueller, in so doing, would also prevent the Dems from making public fools of themselves thereby.

DUpipo's despair at this news is hilarious.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2019, 01:18:22 PM »
Quote from:
Skittles

3. WHY won't people put AMERICA above their PARTY

THIS IS RIDICULOUS

The irony is lost on this aging, blonde haired, ex-USAF, screaming, Texas embarrassment, long-term primitive dimwit.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2019, 01:46:55 PM »
Hey Demonrats, Progs and Liberals....

:bird:

Have a  :bird: day.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2019, 01:57:00 PM »
The irony is lost on this aging, blonde haired, ex-USAF, screaming, Texas embarrassment, long-term primitive dimwit.

As it is on all the rest of TOS-compliant DU-folk.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2019, 02:57:17 PM »

Yeah. Even my dog did a spit-take at the DUmmie's comment.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline Ausonius

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2019, 03:20:50 PM »
Sundance at The Conservative Treehouse has an article via Rep. Douglas Collins on how DEMS really do not want Mueller to testify.

They want lots of innuendo and outuendo...but no truth, please!

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2019/05/21/doug-collins-democrats-want-the-work-of-mueller-but-dont-want-to-talk-to-mueller/
"Every democracy eventually becomes a bilge pump expelling the most hilarious and unwitting self-satire."

Offline Adam Wood

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2019, 04:02:31 PM »
Quote from: mattnumbers DUmmie
I don't know about McGahn's history, but Mueller has a spotless (I think) history of just doing his damn job.
Yeah, no.  He does not.  He has a history of having everything he ever did torn to shreds by the Supreme Court.  See: Whitey Bulger, Ted Stevens, and Arthur Andersen.  The better equivalent of Bob Mueller is Mike Nifong, infamous over-zealous prosecutor in the Duke Lacrosse case who was ultimately proved to be a political hack out to throw people in jail no matter what solely for political purposes.

Mueller is a sham artist, and a shameless one at that.  That he couldn't find anything to manufacture in this case winds up being a testament to Trump's being careful not to fall for a trap more than anything else.

Mueller is a scumbag.  I've met his type before in prosecutions.  They will never give up their cause until they themselves are personally arrested and jailed for their misdeeds as prosecutors (as is what happened in my case; I took particular joy in watching that Napoleonic little bastard get hauled away in cuffs after he falsely imprisoned dozens of people by simply intimidating them into guilty pleas).

Mueller himself should be investigated with a freaking microscope and the instant that anyone finds anything amiss, he should be cuffed, stuffed, and held without bail as a flight risk.  He has tremendous assets and connections to get him out of the country to avoid prosecution and he should be treated as such: an irredeemable flight risk who cannot be trusted to return to court to face the music.  Give Mueller the same treatment that he gave others: bust down his door at 5:00 in the morning with a SWAT team and a no-knock warrant and throw his wife and kids (if he has any) out into the front yard in their pajamas just like he did to others, making them stand there shivering for hours while the CNN cameras are rolling live.  We'll see how much he likes it then, and then the Democrats will finally learn to worry about their own corruption and scurry like the cockroaches that they are from the light that just came on in the kitchen.

Offline jukin

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2019, 05:18:53 PM »
You know, I thikn leftist tears are salty and sweet. I could drink them forever.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2019, 06:47:43 PM »
Star Member kpete (62,121 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212115231

Either this is Bullshit or we are screwed: Mueller's team expressed reticence to him testifying...

NEWS: Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s team has expressed reticence to him testifying publicly in front of the House Judiciary Committee, according to sources familiar with the matter. His team has expressed that he does not want to appear political. w/@LauraAJarrett @jeremyherb

I am hoping that "Mueller's team" is a single DOJ rat, not Mueller himself, but perhaps hope is a passing fancy of mine, kp

It is not the end of the world.  :panic: :mental:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2019, 06:34:16 AM »
They really don’t understand what obstruction refers to, do they ? The question Mueller answered is “ Did President Trump collude with the Russians ?” . The answer is no. The obstruction is a non starter , as it only refers to the finding of collusion. If there was collusion, he might have obstructed, to slow the investigation down. Not only did Trump not obstruct, he practically assisted with the amount of data turned over. In short, Trump could not have obstructed an investigation that showed there was no collusion evidence to obstruct. The media seems to want obstruction used against any situation where the President says “no”, not just the question of collusion that obstruction is tied to

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2019, 09:30:45 AM »
Star Member VOX (21,433 posts)

9. Be wary of disinformation these days. It's an old KGB staple, and it is rampant.

One can usually spot it: “sources say,” “many people think,” “everyone knows,” and so on.

The White House serves it (not) fresh, daily.
Most stories about Trump from the MSM include those exact phrases.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2019, 01:13:49 AM »
>Star Member kpete (62,121 posts) Either this is Bullshit or we are screwed

Neither kPaste.  I used to think you DUmmys were just DUmb.   Now I know you are delusional and one skip trace from the asylum.
Your quest for power over others and the desire to punish we working and innovative Americans has and will continue to deny your communist evil
and smug idiocy.

If you filthy dictatorial waste of human flesh ever get control of Americans, we will make the American Revolution look like a game of checkers.