Author Topic: A great disturbance  (Read 1314 times)

Offline zeitgeist

A great disturbance
« on: May 18, 2019, 08:12:08 PM »
I felt a great disturbance at the DUmp.  As if a million DUmmies cried out in terror while their candidates imploded.

Here are two complimentary links dealing with the implosion or explosion of the Democratic's candidates.  I am very limited in bandwidth still so links only.

One deals with the Sandman and book money, the other with how to run for office to enhance your future. 

https://www.democraticunderground.com/1287121324

https://www.democraticunderground.com/1287124152

< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline Karin

Re: A great disturbance
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2019, 08:36:18 PM »
The first:

Thu May 16, 2019, 10:59 AM
Vidal (235 posts)

We have too many candidates. What's really going on here?

Now there are 24 Dems running for president. That is way too many.

The more there are, the less chance they have of getting any delegates from any caucus or primary, due to 15% rule.

This favors Biden above all. If candidates don't drop out it is possible in some caucuses and primaries Biden could be the only candidate to get ANY delegates at all. (This would mean even Bernie failed to get 15% which is possible because the progressive vote is being split among too many people.)

I'm not sure this is a good thing. I'm not sure why so many people are running.

What's really going on here?

Some of their concerns are around the fact that it's bleeding out the senate races.

Response to Vidal (Original post)
Thu May 16, 2019, 11:06 AM
 hlthe2b (68,301 posts)
2. It is their choice, of course, but I'm frustrated that more will not take on the Senate...

Several of them (if successful) are either leaving behind Senate seats (that are not all safe) or are declining to challenge vulnerable Republican incumbents, whose seats could mean everything to our chances of taking the Senate (or at least increasing our numbers).

Response to Vidal (Original post)
Thu May 16, 2019, 11:23 AM
 zentrum (7,664 posts)
8. Couldn't agree more.

It's starting to hurt us I think.

We need a few clear voices opposing Trump. Not 24 critiquing each other.

The latest entry seems especially hubristic.

mtnsnake (20,352 posts)
21. It's simple. So many Democrats are entering the 2020 contest because

each and every one of them thinks 2020 will be an easy victory for whomever the Democratic candidate ends up being. They might not admit it publicly because it would make them look overconfident, but most of them would not be entering the race if they didn't think Trump would be such an easy victory in 2020.

The ones who are making 2020 out to be a close election are the folks in the media who will try to have everyone believing that it will be close in order to keep their ratings up. On the contrary to what the media is dishing out, 2020 will be a once in a lifetime opportunity for a relatively easy Democratic victory, so that's why everyone under the sun is jumping in. I mean, how many times does someone get to go up against a ****ing dunce like Donald Trump who is so hated around country and around the world? Rarely, if ever.

:rotf:

The 2nd is a big gigantic fight about Bernie. 

On another small thread in the primaries forum, someone said about Sniffer Joe's PA rally today:

Sat May 18, 2019, 03:36 PM
musicman65 (204 posts)

Over a 6,000 turnout

Wow,,,eat that,,,orange one,,,Go Joe

6,000!!! 

Eat that orange one, indeed.  Where has that musicman idiot been?  Trump fills stadiums with throngs outside. 
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 08:51:28 PM by Karin »

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2019, 07:40:03 AM »
Vidal (235 posts)

We have too many candidates. What's really going on here

Well, DUmmy, it's like this.

That clown car (the proper name for a herd of Democrat candidates) knows that the fastest, most effective way to get rich is to run for President. Those clowns who are currently in office can spend the next 16 months double dipping; ignoring, but still being paid for, the jobs they were elected to, while munching on lobsters on chartered planes as they "campaign". It's their chance to fart through silk and bang groupies every night, without having to learn to play the electric guitar.

School is out, DUmbass.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2019, 08:33:00 AM »
 :rotf:

Great threads, both of them.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Ausonius

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2019, 08:54:40 AM »

6,000!!! 

Eat that orange one, indeed.  Where has that musicman idiot been?  Trump fills stadiums with throngs outside.

And how many of those 6,000 were paid and/or bussed in by corrupt Labor Unions and other groups?  Here in Columbus, Ohio (the name of the city has not yet been changed by DEMS) busloads of out-of-state protestors were brought here in past months to scream pro-infanticide slogans and to protest charter schools, during legislative debates or votes on those issues. 
"Every democracy eventually becomes a bilge pump expelling the most hilarious and unwitting self-satire."

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2019, 09:40:25 AM »
mtnsnake (20,352 posts)
21. It's simple. So many Democrats are entering the 2020 contest because

each and every one of them thinks 2020 will be an easy victory for whomever the Democratic candidate ends up being. They might not admit it publicly because it would make them look overconfident, but most of them would not be entering the race if they didn't think Trump would be such an easy victory in 2020.

The ones who are making 2020 out to be a close election are the folks in the media who will try to have everyone believing that it will be close in order to keep their ratings up. On the contrary to what the media is dishing out, 2020 will be a once in a lifetime opportunity for a relatively easy Democratic victory, so that's why everyone under the sun is jumping in. I mean, how many times does someone get to go up against a ****ing dunce like Donald Trump who is so hated around country and around the world? Rarely, if ever.

I don't have a high opinion of the intelligence of the current crop of Dem leaders, but I doubt many are dumb enough to think 2020 will be anything like an easy victory.

Personally I think the Dems may bee trying to overwhelm Trump with potential targets, as if he can't figure out who the leading Dem candidates and doesn't have loads of time to respond. I also think they may be working longer term, using an election in which their chances are slim to get lots of people name recognition toward future runs for statewide and national offices.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2019, 11:43:39 AM »
I can't understand why the party of narcissism and wanton self indulgence has so many people vying for the nation's top political office.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2019, 01:05:03 PM »
5. Auditioning for VP or cabinet positions?

Auditioning for VP or cabinet positions?

Improving their CV by adding another line-item of "former candidate for Democratic nominee..."

Getting a book deal?

Increased speaker's fees?

Giving their grandchildren something to brag about at show-and-tell?

All the above and of course campaign funds to make them rich!! They are to lazy to try to earn big bucks. :loser:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline jukin

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2019, 01:47:48 PM »
trueblue2007 (10,828 posts)
56. i agree. too many candidates. but they are all good people.

I lost the last chug of my morning coffee when I read that.

All of them are for Infanticide and screwing over American citizens.  Good People?  These DUchebags are mentally ill.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2019, 02:17:29 PM »
Vidal (235 posts)

We have too many candidates. What's really going on here?

Now there are 24 Dems running for president. That is way too many.

The more there are, the less chance they have of getting any delegates from any caucus or primary, due to 15% rule.

This favors Biden above all. If candidates don't drop out it is possible in some caucuses and primaries Biden could be the only candidate to get ANY delegates at all. (This would mean even Bernie failed to get 15% which is possible because the progressive vote is being split among too many people.)

I'm not sure this is a good thing. I'm not sure why so many people are running.

What's really going on here?

I bet the Democrat nomination is someone that no one has heard of and likely a female.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline SVPete

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2019, 04:23:11 PM »
I felt a great disturbance at the DUmp.  ...

A great Disturbance in the Farce.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.