Author Topic: my, how the famous have fallen  (Read 1040 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
my, how the famous have fallen
« on: May 16, 2019, 02:13:04 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/1287120687'

YOHABLO (5,754 posts)     Wed May 15, 2019, 09:46 PM

William Rivers Pitt, Truthout

https://truthout.org/articles/why-is-everyone-running-for-president-its-a-billion-dollar-industry/

best excerpt:

> Running for president has become an industry of its own, and a multibillion dollar one at that. “Across America, the business of politics now channels up to $10 billion a year,” report Dave Helling and Scott Canon for the Kansas City Star, “much of it pocketed by the pros who conduct the polls, craft the ads, buy the airtime, spin the news releases.”

The kind of bottomless spending orgy that typifies modern campaigning makes its own gravy, and is one hell of an incentive for political consultants who have the ear of high-profile politicians: Listen to me, Senator Frackeverything, I know there are 94 other candidates already running, but you can win! I just need $10 million for the ad buy to get you started. Trust me, this will be great! What big-ego politician doesn’t want to hear that? Plus, as stated, the candidates get to keep what they raise for use in future campaigns.

mcar (26,913 posts)     Wed May 15, 2019, 09:52 PM

4. I stopped reading at William Rivers Pitt

Bleacher Creature (7,612 posts)      Wed May 15, 2019, 10:05 PM

14. That's what I was going to say!!

Now, get ready for this:

89 replies, 2742 views

Of the 87 primitive comments not quoted here, nearly all of them say the same thing as the above two do.

<<<can remember when the Bostonian Drunkard was a god on Skins's island, in fact the head god.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline SVPete

Re: my, how the famous have fallen
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 02:33:41 PM »
And yet:

bobbieinok (10,579 posts)

32. So sad. He was a major force for good in early DU . Wrote important stuff on .Iraq War

Translation: BS we wanted to hear and didn't make us look like the fools we are.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 03:49:48 PM »
The primitives have taken goose stepping to a whole new level.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 08:54:43 AM »
You know who is most hurt by that post? Omaha Steve.

A post about something he wrote outside of DU would not garner 1% of the attention (+ or -) Pitt got.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2019, 07:22:37 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/1287120687'

Now, get ready for this:

Of the 87 primitive comments not quoted here, nearly all of them say the same thing as the above two do.

<<<can remember when the Bostonian Drunkard was a god on Skins's island, in fact the head god.

Me too also, coach.  Amazing what can happen in 24 business hours when Fitzmas is nigh.   :cheersmate:

It has got to stick in the craw of pittstain.  I mean at one time he was being interviewed on cable news, now he is nothing. Meanwhile Jason Leopold is still writing stories, and that is what they are, stories, having shed pittstain into the nether world of DU persona non grata hell. 

Pittstain is a has been that hitched his wagon to a writer who faked a story, got thrown under the bus when it proved false, and is now a bitter old man sitting in his kitchen drinking rot gut whiskey that he buys by the gallon.   

Only one final thing for a man to do when that happens... drink a bottle and end his miserable existence.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2019, 07:55:43 PM »
Pitt may be a joke now, but in 24 business hours he'll be back on top...

still a joke.  But I'm not going to make fun of a "best selling author" who has sold tens of copies of his book.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2019, 08:20:16 PM »
Pitt may be a joke now, but in 24 business hours he'll be back on top...

still a joke.  But I'm not going to make fun of a "best selling author" who has sold tens of copies of his book.

Don't forget, a book co-authored with a convicted pedophile.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Karin

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2019, 10:28:01 PM »
But still, 10 copies! 

DUmmies have demonstrated time and again that they can't be trusted.  They love you one minute and hate you the next.  Even so-called smart people never seem to learn this.