Author Topic: The grim next step in criminalizing abortion - repeal of the 19th amendment  (Read 863 times)

Offline Mary Ann

CousinIT (3,679 posts)

The grim next step in criminalizing abortion - repeal of the 19th amendment

Catherynne Valente

@catvalente
 If abortion becomes a felony, and miscarriages (over half of all pregnancies) are prosecuted as abortions (as the OH, GA, & AL laws stipulate), and the pill & IUDs are classified as abortions, and felons cannot vote, the right will have, in effect, repealed the 19th amendment.

10:57 AM - May 14, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
1,729 people are talking about this

If abortion becomes a felony, and miscarriages (over half of all pregnancies) are prosecuted as abortions (as the OH, GA, & AL laws stipulate), and the pill & IUDs are classified as abortions, and felons cannot vote, the right will have, in effect, repealed the 19th amendment.

and...

Ellen Hopkins

@EllenHopkinsLit
 Every thinking woman in this country had better step up to the plate now. What's next? No women in the workforce? The authoritarian agenda here should be very clear: women as paid-for sex will be allowed birth control. The rest will be breeding machines. Y'all ready for that?

Catherynne Valente

@catvalente

7:54 PM - May 14, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
See Ellen Hopkins's other Tweets

Every thinking woman in this country had better step up to the plate now. What's next? No women in the workforce? The authoritarian agenda here should be very clear: women as paid-for sex will be allowed birth control. The rest will be breeding machines. Y'all ready for that?

#ImWithHer
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212104831
 ::) No replies yet, but I'm sure there will be plenty of DU Chicken Littles chiming in to agree that the sky is falling.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
A couple of replies in that thread now. No mention or images of The Handmaids Tale yet.  :(
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline SVPete

So many words, so much :stoner: .

BTW, does the feminazi moronette realize that felons have not been allowed to vote in the US for many decades and probably for a century or three? And how exactly is that related to the 19th Amendment? Like I said, so much :stoner: .
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
If you read between the lines a bit, it sounds like they want it to happen.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
If you read between the lines a bit, it sounds like they want it to happen.

Well, given their support of Islam and its adherents, the primitives obviously hope that western civilization gets buried, and Sharia Law instituted. 

So if the primitives get what they want, women won't have rights anyway.

These people are so stupid it's not even funny.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Well, given their support of Islam and its adherents, the primitives obviously hope that western civilization gets buried, and Sharia Law instituted. 

So if the primitives get what they want, women won't have rights anyway.

These people are so stupid it's not even funny.

I never understood that.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline DUmpsterDiver

The non-leftist party has a chance to get America back on track.   Get off the High Voltage rail of what a woman wants and needs unless they are
whacking kicking born babies.  No religion is worth trying to force upon anyone.

I can't dumb it down less. 

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
I visited Dachau Wednesday and couldn’t help but to be reminded that what happened with the Holocaust and what happens during an abortion isn’t significantly different.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.