Author Topic: Waiting for a story to hit DU. If any of you see it, drag it over here, please.  (Read 2162 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
We had a cop shoot a black woman last night, across the bay from where my office is.  It will make national news, but the gist of it is; she attacked the cop, managed to get his taser away from him, she used it on the cop, and he shot her.  The rumor going around is she was telling the cop she was pregnant when he shot her.  Her family is saying this isn't true, but the black community down here is in a huge uproar.

If you see this posted, snatch it.  There is video of the shooting making its way across the internet.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline jukin

Does this story have a happy taxpayer relief ending?
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Does this story have a happy taxpayer relief ending?

She shouldn't have tazed the cop, I can tell you that.  5 shots later she is no longer among the living.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline ChuckJ

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212097868

But there is only one reply thus far

Response to sarisataka (Original post)Tue May 14, 2019, 05:08 PM
walkingman (1,138 posts)
1. I saw the video and I thing the officer should be charged with murder. It will be interesting to

see how Art Acevedo handles it. He had a decent rep in Austin.....we shall see.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212097868

But there is only one reply thus far

I figured it wouldn't be long.  This happened last night in Baytown, TX and I watched the online news to see if it was going to hit.  When I saw it on Yahoo! News I figured it was going to come out, but I can't watch DU all the time.

Thanks, Chuck!

KC

*Stolen

Offline ChuckJ

I figured it wouldn't be long.  This happened last night in Baytown, TX and I watched the online news to see if it was going to hit.  When I saw it on Yahoo! News I figured it was going to come out, but I can't watch DU all the time.

Thanks, Chuck!

KC

No problem. If more DUmmies notice the original post I'm sure it'll draw some good responses.

I do have to wonder what their responses would be if the cop was a homosexual albino person of color who was transitioning.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Online Old n Grumpy

What the the officer do wrong? How could he have avoided using deadly force in this incident?

Well instead of shooting her he could have beat her to death with his night stick, or run her over with his patrol car. :thatsright: :mental: :bird:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Ausonius

No problem. If more DUmmies notice the original post I'm sure it'll draw some good responses.

I do have to wonder what their responses would be if the cop was a homosexual albino person of color who was transitioning.

Transitioning to Caucasian?  Or to rational human being?   O-)
"Every democracy eventually becomes a bilge pump expelling the most hilarious and unwitting self-satire."

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
She put herself in that situation. She had open warrants. She resisted arrest. She grabbed the officer's Taser.

Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
She put herself in that situation. She had open warrants. She resisted arrest. She grabbed the officer's Taser.

From what I'm reading she actually used the taser on the officer.  Had it incapacitated him do you think she may have gone for his firearm?  I do.

KC

*Stolen

Offline DLR Pyro

walkingman (1,138 posts)
1. I saw the video and I thing the officer should be charged with murder.

I thing the deceased made a series of poor choices that resulted in her death and that the Police Officer had the right to defend himself and go home at the end of his shift.  That's what I thing.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline 67 Rover

From what I'm reading she actually used the taser on the officer.  Had it incapacitated him do you think she may have gone for his firearm?  I do.

KC

That officer should have been armed with a smart weapon!  "Dummie mode off."  :banghead:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
I think the deceased made a series of poor choices that resulted in her death and that the Police Officer had the right to defend himself and go home at the end of his shift.  That's what I think.

Poor,? .. indeed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ubw5N8iVDHI&feature=share
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline SVPete

This article gives the story, though I find the phrase I highlighted rather odd:

Baytown police officer fatally shoots woman who used his Taser against him, police say

The confrontation started around 10:30 p.m. Monday at The Brixton Apartments at 1601 Garth Road. The officer had been patrolling behind the complex when he spotted Turner, with whom he "had prior dealings," Dorris said.

Turner was facing charges for allegedly assaulting the apartment manager after she had posted an eviction notice on Turner's door April 24, court records show. That same day, the manager tried to get her to leave the apartment when Turner allegedly grabbed the manager's face, scratching her nose and throwing her eyeglasses to the ground, court documents detail.

Turner also allegedly slammed a log through the windshield of someone else's car days later, court records show.

Turner was charged with two misdemeanor counts of criminal mischief for allegedly breaking the manager's glasses and breaking the windshield, and one misdemeanor assault charge for allegedly scratching the manager, court records show. She was not immediately arrested and was wanted on those charges at the time of Monday night's shooting, court records show.

The officer knew she had active warrants, Dorris said. The officer approached the woman and tried to arrest her when she started struggling with the officer, Dorris said.

In video of the incident, Turner repeatedly yells at the officer claiming that she's pregnant, although Dorris said it was later determined that she was not pregnant.

The officer deployed his Taser, but Turner was able to get the weapon away from him, Dorris said. She struck the officer with the Taser, at which point the officer pulled his firearm and fired five rounds, Dorris said.

The woman was struck at least once and died at the scene.

It's almost as if the Houston Chronicle writer wanted to avoid stating exactly what the woman did immediately before the shooting.

This article has a video of the incident about a third of the way down the page. It starts well before the shooting, and it can be seen that the woman got the Taser away from the officer, Tased hime, he staggered back and quickly shot her. Justified shooting, IMO.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
This article gives the story, though I find the phrase I highlighted rather odd:

Baytown police officer fatally shoots woman who used his Taser against him, police say

It's almost as if the Houston Chronicle writer wanted to avoid stating exactly what the woman did immediately before the shooting.

This article has a video of the incident about a third of the way down the page. It starts well before the shooting, and it can be seen that the woman got the Taser away from the officer, Tased hime, he staggered back and quickly shot her. Justified shooting, IMO.

What the black community over here is saying is that once a taser is deployed it cannot be used again.  I have no idea if that is true or not.  I would THINK it would still operate as a taser, but maybe not be able to deploy darts until reloaded.  I just don't know.

There's supposed to be some kind of big 'peaceful' gathering over there today.

KC

*Stolen

Offline 67 Rover

What the black community over here is saying is that once a taser is deployed it cannot be used again.  I have no idea if that is true or not.  I would THINK it would still operate as a taser, but maybe not be able to deploy darts until reloaded.  I just don't know.

KC

All of the Tazers (TM) that I have seen have two sets of darts and the built in Tazer probes for close in work.   

I am unable to see the video at the moment but was how did she wrestle it away from him.  This is when I wish they still carried the Iron claw or batons of old.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline SVPete

KC

The video shows one discharge - a flash and a "Zap!" sound - when the police officer Tased her. He was trying to apprehend her and she went down to the ground to prevent that. He got close in to her in his effort. She got his Taser, and a second flash and "Zap!" sound can be seen and heard. So the Taser the officer had was not one-and-done like the "black community" is saying, and she was still a threat when he shot her. The officer was one disabling Zap! away from being disarmed and ???ed.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
The video shows one discharge - a flash and a "Zap!" sound - when the police officer Tased her. He was trying to apprehend her and she went down to the ground to prevent that. He got close in to her in his effort. She got his Taser, and a second flash and "Zap!" sound can be seen and heard. So the Taser the officer had was not one-and-done like the "black community" is saying, and she was still a threat when he shot her. The officer was one disabling Zap! away from being disarmed and ???ed.

Thanks, I haven't seen the video.  The news here is cutting out most of the video.  All they show is when they start grappling then they cut away and talk about it.

KC

*Stolen

Offline DUmpsterDiver

>All they show is when they start grappling then they cut away and talk about it.

Exactly.  For those that have been on the receiving side and ultimately the  side that delivers the disabling blow, you know the best.
It's not pretty and it can stick with you for life...no matter how much the perp asked for it.

These DUmmys are an insult to lemmings.

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

Um, any intelligent person would know that police are fully justified in using lethal force against an armed and active threat, and the insane woman tasing an officer (And with his own taser, to boot) most definitely qualifies.

KC
In other words, an ultra- violent riot.