Author Topic: Why can't people see Trump is a con man?  (Read 1356 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Why can't people see Trump is a con man?
« on: May 13, 2019, 06:13:30 PM »
extvbroadcaster (187 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212094357

It's so obvious. He inherited a bunch of money, and then has spent a lifetime lying, losing money, making bad deals, running businesses into the ground, and ripping people off. He's a despicable human being too, from grabbing women to leering at teenage beauty pageant contestants to cheating on his wives. Respectable people would not associate with him, banks would not lend him money. The whole President thing was a branding con that went off the rails. Now that he is in office, it is more clear than ever that he is way out of his depth and has no interest in governing anyway. It is amazing to me that a huge hunk of the voting public still supports this guy, while he does things in office that would make Nixon blush. I am not sure what is leading people to blindly follow Trump, but it is scary.

:whistling:

Star Member DownriverDem (2,698 posts)

40. trump is giving them what they want. Repub judges!!!

I would say Constitutionally Conservative Judges, but, yeah...

DownFromTheMountain (181 posts)

6. I had an Insurance Executive tell me in a drunken rant while I was restoring some cabinetry in his Pasadena home that "everybody get's screwed, it just depends on if you like the way they're screwing you". But I don't know anyones who likes getting hustled. Trumps WWF crowd loves being in on the hustle, but thinks they are not the Mark. So, I started to ask myself things like: "Is, say, Chuck Todd in on the Hustle?" Is Mitch McConnell in on the Hustle? Is Melania in on the Hustle? Is Joe Manchin in on the Hustle? Is Tulsi Gabbart in on the Hustle? Think it's a provocative question? See, nobody likes to get Hustled.

:whatever: shitty bouncy.

fescuerescue (1,398 posts)

7. Because he bought them off with a tax cut a wall and fake news about a better economy.

::)

Brawndo (370 posts)

13. Because tRump gives them license to express their true selves out in public, to them, it's priceless

“If you can convince the lowest white man he’s better than the best colored man, he won’t notice you’re picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he’ll empty his pockets for you.” Lyndon B Johnson [D]

The Democrats are still doing it.

Star Member KY_EnviroGuy (5,104 posts)

18. A huge hunk of the voting public was pre-brainwashed for this point in history.

Many years of Faux News and talk radio throughout the hinterlands, their co-opting of many churches as well as our MSM, and their infiltration into thousands of local and state governments restricts millions of Americans against rational thought.

This is a tightly closed right-wing bubble. Any external contrary information - no matter how factual - is discounted and painted as a conspiracy against the bubble.

That plus the corporate world's decades-long brainwashing almost everyone into rampant consumerism and worship of Wall Street.

Whew! Is that enough reasons?......

:thatsright:

Star Member Lars39 (21,697 posts)

19. Long before Trump entered the race,

my MIL was warning me about fake news. I think it came from the pulpit or Facebook or the RW sites she frequents. My husband and I were gobsmacked, since she had never even showed an interest in current events, yet all of a sudden she was warning us about fake news with a smug look on her face.

:yawn:

Cosmocat (11,879 posts)

35. DECADES of the conservative propoganda machine

separating people from reality set this up.

45 is a literal moron, but his one master skill is stoking the lesser elements of the human spirit. He ran as a republican for a reason, and took the whip from them.

That is why I am even more skeptical than ever that we are ****ed, because IF we manage to get him out of the white house, we will have removed the mass, but not the actual cancer.

Until such time as this country clearly sees, and repudiates conservatism as the cancer it is, we are lost.

:mental:

Mike Nelson (5,578 posts)

33. Ah, the Deplorables...

… they will tell you, "It's the White House, NOT the Black House." They don't want "colored" Presidents... they want a world where people "know their place. They think women should be pushed around occasionally - they think women enjoy it - from a virile man. They want to beat up gay people - and God forbid they be able to use a public bathroom that matches how they look. If they look like a woman but were born male, they should use the men's room and get beaten... They want men to decide when women have abortions - and be wealthy enough to get one on the sly... If their white kid steals a candy bar from the 7-Elenen, the say the kid has to lose his allowance to pay... but, if a black kid steals a candy bar from the 7-Eleven - they say shoot him. And so on...

:thatsright:

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

Re: Why can't people see Trump is a con man?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2019, 06:36:24 PM »

We didn't drink the Dems' and MSM's koolaid. Now get back to learning to code.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2019, 06:40:08 PM »

… they will tell you, "It's the White House, NOT the Black House." They don't want "colored" Presidents... they want a world where people "know their place. ...

Wow! Somebody needs to toss out their Magic 8 Ball from the Klan Alt-Universe! It's channeling Robert KKK Byrd!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Ausonius

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2019, 07:02:44 PM »
Hmmm!  Let us ponder this!

"Why can't people see Trump is a con man?"

Maybe because he has done what he says he would do...and a con man...does NOT do what he says he will do?   :wink:
"Every democracy eventually becomes a bilge pump expelling the most hilarious and unwitting self-satire."

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2019, 08:57:49 AM »

… they will tell you, "It's the White House, NOT the Black House." They don't want "colored" Presidents... they want a world where people "know their place. They think women should be pushed around occasionally - they think women enjoy it - from a virile man. They want to beat up gay people - and God forbid they be able to use a public bathroom that matches how they look. If they look like a woman but were born male, they should use the men's room and get beaten... They want men to decide when women have abortions - and be wealthy enough to get one on the sly... If their white kid steals a candy bar from the 7-Elenen, the say the kid has to lose his allowance to pay... but, if a black kid steals a candy bar from the 7-Eleven - they say shoot him. And so on...
I do not know one Trump voter who ever said any of that. They believe/know this crap is true. This is why it is useless to reason with lefties. 
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2019, 01:25:10 PM »
Star Member DownriverDem (2,698 posts)

40. trump is giving them what they want. Repub judges!!!

No more "living document" you turds want.  Suck it.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline jukin

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2019, 01:30:25 PM »
The DUchebags are the ultimate political anti-barometer.  There seem to take pride in always being wrong.

As to can men, Preezy Shit Midas was the biggest and pumped up by the fake news media 24/7/365.  My favorite was that Bammy was a genius.  The mediocre man couldn't say a paragraph without a teleprompter and even then had hundreds of "ahhhs", "ummms", and "errs" which the imbeciles in the media was a sign of sooper jeanus. 
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2019, 01:36:08 PM »

… they will tell you, "It's the White House, NOT the Black House." They don't want "colored" Presidents... they want a world where people "know their place. ...

Why is Mike Nelson channeling Robert KKK Byrd?

I wonder if DU-member Mike Nelson realizes that President Trump has appointed a black man, a Hispanic man, and a Taiwanese lady to the line of Presidential succession.

I wonder if DU-member Mike Nelson realizes that President Trump has appointed many ethnic minority-people and many women to be Federal judges - pretty much all of whom were opposed by the Ds.

I wonder if DU-member Mike Nelson realizes that a good number of "Deplorables" voted for a black man, a couple of Hispanic men, and a woman in 2016 R primaries. And for another black man in 1996 and 2000 R primaries. This "deplorable's" votes were Cruz, Keyes, and Keyes in those primaries, FWIW.

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2019, 02:43:41 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212094357

I guess it depends on what your definition of "is" is.

By the way, I thank this particular DUmmie and its conman hero/rapist/liar for giving me the opportunity to use the above line.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2019, 04:58:10 PM »
I guess we are all blinded for m 8 years of obama. :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!