Author Topic: You think you're sickened now, if RBG passes away in the next two years  (Read 1951 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
misanthrope (4,845 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212087461
Last edited Fri May 10, 2019, 06:19 AM - Edit history (2)

You think you're sickened now, if RBG passes away in the next two years then the open jubilation expressed by much of this nation will rankle not just you but likely the world. It will be one of the most ghoulish displays America has exhibited in a long history of such things.

EDIT TO ADD: The first dozen or so responses to this post are trying way too hard to find something that isn't here. This isn't a discussion about RBG's actions or decisions in any form but simply the anticipation as to the craven behavior that will undoubtedly be shown by the right wing should she expire during the Trump administration. That's all.

It's not about her. It's about them and their continual lowering of the bar. The current round of Draconian and preposterous state laws regarding women's rights to choose are a vision into the fervency that will cause America's id to even further disgust other nations.

:whatever:

Star Member Skittles (120,172 posts)

1. yes

which is why it kills me she did not step down when Obama was president.....enough of this fawning already

Star Member canetoad (9,516 posts)

2. Scuse me

But Hillary was going to be President. Don't blame RBG.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Star Member secondwind (7,651 posts)

4. I think Clarence Thomas wants to step down

this summer. I have to say that I, too, wanted Ginsberg to step down under Obama.

Oh well.

Star Member Fla Dem (11,064 posts)

23. If there is an opening created NEXT YEAR, a PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION YEAR...McConnell Rule prevails.

This is what McConnell established when SCJ Scalia died in 2016 leaving open a vacancy that Trump filled in 2017 with Neil Gorsch. Democrats should stand firm in resisting any attempt of the Senate trying to fill a vacancy in 2020. If McConnell ignores his own rule it will be so very transparent what a crook and thief he is for all of America to see.

RandiFan1290 (4,441 posts)

10. They would love to replace her during an election year too

Just to stick it in a little further.

I agree, she showed horrible judgement by not stepping down in 2009.

:stoner:

Star Member nolabear (31,519 posts)

38. I'm not a fan of preemptive suffering. It's not good for us.

I mean that literally. Take it from an old shrink. The brain produces the same stress chemicals with strongly imagined suffering (when you believe it, rational or not) as it does with real suffering. It lowers the threshold for anxiety, interferes with learning, overwhelms coping mechanisms and so interferes with relationships. They become narrow, survival-focused, and age the body and brain considerably.

The need to post something like this might indicate you’re already there and are looking for communication and reinforcement to help your particular way of coping. There’s nothing at ALL to feel bad about with that. I do it. Everyone does to varying degrees. But contrary to what we believe, it hurts far more than it helps.

They’re giving us enough real trauma. We have to hold onto hope and use all the power we have. Hang in there! ❤️ (And I know this sounds preachy but I can’t do it any better.)

:yawn:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
Star Member Fla Dem (11,064 posts)

23. If there is an opening created NEXT YEAR, a PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION YEAR...McConnell Rule prevails.

This is what McConnell established when SCJ Scalia died in 2016 leaving open a vacancy that Trump filled in 2017 with Neil Gorsch. Democrats should stand firm in resisting any attempt of the Senate trying to fill a vacancy in 2020. If McConnell ignores his own rule it will be so very transparent what a crook and thief he is for all of America to see.
The Reid rule will allow McConnell to ignore the McConnell rule.   :rofl:
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline 67 Rover

The Reid rule will allow McConnell to ignore the McConnell rule.   :rofl:

I thought that rule only applied to a President in his second term.   :-)
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline DLR Pyro

2. Scuse me

best laid plans gone awry...
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline SVPete

2. Scuse me

Actually, I suspect RBG held off stepping down so that Hillary could appoint her successor.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline landofconfusion80

Actually, I suspect RBG held off stepping down so that Hillary could appoint her successor.
Theres a hilarious conspiracy theory floating out there that shes dead and has been for years. The proof being recycled photos doctored into new ones.  I guess they have a decades old prune as her stand in
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
Theres a hilarious conspiracy theory floating out there that shes dead and has been for years. The proof being recycled photos doctored into new ones.  I guess they have a decades old prune as her stand in.

No, the DNC has a secret deal with Disney's anamatronic department to produce a life like replica of RBG.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline SVPete

Theres a hilarious conspiracy theory floating out there that shes dead and has been for years. The proof being recycled photos doctored into new ones.  I guess they have a decades old prune as her stand in

Yeah, I've been seeing on another discussion site, for a year or two, little, "Where's RBG," comments. I didn't realize there was a real CT out there with the idea that she's been replaced by a doppelganger.

No, the DNC has a secret deal with Disney's anamatronic department to produce a life like replica of RBG.

Too life-like.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
Too life-like.

I don't know about that. Looking at what that group is doing for Galaxy's Edge, they've stepped up their game, taking this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTiTSGUET7I

And turning it into this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMNU9lASvwk
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline SVPete

I was saying that an anamatronic RBG would be too life-like, too lively.

Offline Delmar

I was saying that an anamatronic RBG would be too life-like, too lively.

Right, a wax museum would probably do a better job of a RBG replica than a robot maker.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline YupItsMe

Eventually people are going to smell the formaldehyde.

Offline landofconfusion80

Worlds better than the current smell of old eminent death happening now
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline SVPete

Depends.

Offline Adam Wood

Offline freedumb2003b

Star Member nolabear (31,519 posts)

38. I'm not a fan of preemptive suffering. It's not good for us.

I mean that literally. Take it from an old shrink. The brain produces the same stress chemicals with strongly imagined suffering (when you believe it, rational or not) as it does with real suffering. It lowers the threshold for anxiety, interferes with learning, overwhelms coping mechanisms and so interferes with relationships. They become narrow, survival-focused, and age the body and brain considerably.

The need to post something like this might indicate you’re already there and are looking for communication and reinforcement to help your particular way of coping. There’s nothing at ALL to feel bad about with that. I do it. Everyone does to varying degrees. But contrary to what we believe, it hurts far more than it helps.

They’re giving us enough real trauma. We have to hold onto hope and use all the power we have. Hang in there! ❤️ (And I know this sounds preachy but I can’t do it any better.)

I am  HUGE fan of DUmmies suffering.  But the self-created suffering is the most delicious.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.