Author Topic: Trump won this round...  (Read 1361 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Trump won this round...
« on: May 09, 2019, 06:09:59 PM »
Star Member Laura PourMeADrink (26,254 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212070033

It's over. Trump won
Last edited Fri May 3, 2019, 11:32 PM - Edit history (1)

THIS ROUND !! Writing on wall. Nothing is gonna happen. We won't get shit out of Mueller, if we even see him. We won't get the IRS chief in...no taxes. We won't see anyone. We won't see unredacted report- will be held up in court. Even if we hold people in contempt...so what.

I have been the biggest impeachment proponent...but they won't do it and support and outrage over report has dwindled and his approvals rebounding. We needed to hit asap and we didn't.

So, we now 66% of the Dems who wanted impeachment are being ignored. (In the 80s in December) We have no place to go and we hate trump enough to walk on glass to vote against him.

And then, to add insult to be injury, we have to watch our leaders treating this criminal with respect at the WH regarding this infrastructure bill. Giving him his campaign promise and taking away our one winning issue - debt. All he has to do is say... "Debt? They went along with 2 trillion!."

And every argument against impeachment now coming true anyway without him being held to justice..win or lose. Trump prancing with full victory. And rubbing it in our noses by kissing ass with Putin.

Time to lick our wounds and move on. Focus on protecting our vote in 2020. Or we will be stuck for 4 extra years of horror.

Star Member zaj (2,024 posts)

1. That's an over reaction, but a fair one.   :???:

The fight still needs to be had. But it's about Congress, transparency, democracy, elections and 2020.

Mueller is a part of it.

:mental:

kentuck (91,264 posts)

7. After reading your post....

I have little enthusiasm to vote.

you really should just end it all now....  :-)

Star Member GoCubsGo (21,484 posts)

109. Things are just getting started.

But, if you feel better wringing your hands and gnashing your teeth, you go right ahead.

manor321 (3,298 posts)

11. Impeachment proceedings must begin immediately

I will be writing to more than a dozen congress members to demand they start an impeachment inquiry.

:yawn:

AlexSFCA (3,341 posts)

16. first of all if trump is reelected it won't be just another 4 years of horror

it will be for decades as democracy will be destroyed during that time. Second of all, trump wants house to impeach him so that senate can quickly exonerate him which will gurantee his victory in 2020. We now have to make a choice: either to fulfill our constitutional duty and impeach trump (and barr) or focus on winning 2020. I would argue that, considering the circumstances, there is nothing more important than winning in 2020.

triron (12,179 posts)

131. We already have a virtual dictatorship. I don't see anyone undoing it.

Please convince me otherwise.

::)

Star Member NoMoreRepugs (2,278 posts)

39. How can people be giving up and getting discouraged

because Congress hasn't initiated Impeachment proceedings? Has anyone on our side seen the Mueller Report in its entirety? No? Are there multiple investigations into tRumpy that the White House is fighting tooth and nail? Yes. And on and on.

Long story short.
For those of you cupcakes that were never in a real fight - it doesn't really start until you get up off the ground after you've gone down a few times.

:lmao: I'm pretty sure this snowflake goes down a lot...

Star Member mountain grammy (19,746 posts)

64. I agree. He does everything he says he'll do

The Supreme Court is gone for good.

Too many Americans are just stupid.

The economy is good.. too good but it just keep chugging along.

Too many Americans are just stupid.

Star Member Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (31,887 posts)

70. Trashing this thread

:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

Fiendish Thingy (2,055 posts)

73. Lick our wounds? How about doing some wounding of our own? Defeatism is for cowards.

Not a shotgun approach, but surgical snipers designed to inflict maximum fear into the obstructionists.

The deadline for the full Meuller report expires Monday. In addition, I heard reports on MSNBC that contempt proceeding are expected to begin on Monday. Those should be the opening shots across the bow, that, if ignored, should turn into targeted political and legal head shots.

The Constitution can't wait.

Star Member revmclaren (1,189 posts)

79. First thread I have ever trashed

ONLY!!! 2019 and beyond.

:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

doc03 (21,689 posts)

85. Unemployment is at a 50 year low, has the incumbent president ever lost with an economy like that?
We all know Trump inherited the longest economic expansion in history. But Democrats failed to take credit for it. Nearly everyone I talk to has been brainwashed into thinking the economy was bad under Obama.

:thatsright:

Star Member lark (12,447 posts)

115. Not just 4 years - for the foreseeable future. drumpf isn't going to be there for 8 years without totally destroying our constitution and way of life - hes PUtin's puppet and he just won't be able to resist the temptation to totally destroy us via the orange meance and russian repugs everywhere. The fascists run Russia, SA and Israel and they will not rest until they run the USA as well and drumpf is their leading edge that is already hard at work to make the designation democracy a total joke.

:mental:

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

Re: Trump won this round...
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2019, 07:26:01 PM »
When the truth hurts your cause, the problem is not with the truth, DU-folk.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2019, 08:33:42 AM »

It's over. Trump won

THIS ROUND !! Writing on wall. Nothing is gonna happen. We won't get shit out of Mueller, if we even see him. We won't get the IRS chief in...no taxes. We won't see anyone. We won't see unredacted report
It would be against the law to do so. There is an unredacted copy of the report sitting at the DOJ that certain house members do have access to though. None of the democrats who are allowed to see this report have bothered to do so.

triron (12,179 posts)

131. We already have a virtual dictatorship. I don't see anyone undoing it.

Please convince me otherwise.
What could you do in 2016 that you cannot do now in 2018?

Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2019, 08:55:28 AM »

It's over. Trump won

THIS ROUND !! Writing on wall. Nothing is gonna happen. We won't get shit out of Mueller, if we even see him. We won't get the IRS chief in...no taxes. We won't see anyone. We won't see unredacted report- will be held up in court. Even if we hold people in contempt...so what.

I have been the biggest impeachment proponent...but they won't do it and support and outrage over report has dwindled and his approvals rebounding. We needed to hit asap and we didn't.

So, we now 66% of the Dems who wanted impeachment are being ignored. (In the 80s in December) We have no place to go and we hate trump enough to walk on glass to vote against him.

And then, to add insult to be injury, we have to watch our leaders treating this criminal with respect at the WH regarding this infrastructure bill. Giving him his campaign promise and taking away our one winning issue - debt. All he has to do is say... "Debt? They went along with 2 trillion!."

And every argument against impeachment now coming true anyway without him being held to justice..win or lose. Trump prancing with full victory. And rubbing it in our noses by kissing ass with Putin.

Time to lick our wounds and move on. Focus on protecting our vote in 2020. Or we will be stuck for 4 extra years of horror.

Awww, poor DUmmy. Let me play the DU anthem to lighten the mood.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAAKPJEq1Ew
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2019, 09:16:08 AM »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.