Author Topic: The Con and his goons are going down. Take that to the bank  (Read 838 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Star Member malaise (189,479 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212084916

I swear there are people posting here who have one task
to make DUers feel hopeless.
The Con and his goons are going down. Take that to the bank

:lmao:

Star Member Sherman A1 (24,221 posts)

1. Believe it when I see it and not a moment before.

I am not feeling hopeless, I am however, pragmatic based upon what I have seen in the past

zipplewrath (14,504 posts)

2. Fitzmas

Yup. I lived through Fitzmas and I was early in predicting that Mueller wouldn't find anything chargeable with respect to actual Russian activity. I don't have my hopes up for impeachment. And I'm a bit concerned that we're going "all in" on Biden way too soon and he'll lose to Trump by running against Trump instead of running FOR something.

Star Member InAbLuEsTaTe (17,831 posts)

8. Don't give up!!!...

That's exactly why we need to impeach the ****wad occupying the White House NOW!!! There is no other viable option... or WE WILL REGRET IT FOR ALL TIME!!!

Relying on Mueller, a RethugliKKKon at his core, was a big mistake. We need to exercise PRAGMATISM... Democrats should conduct their own investigation through the impeachment process... it's so damn ****ing obvious... how do people not see this?!

Bernie & Elizabeth 2020!!!
Welcome to the revolution!!!

every single ****stain on the 'special committee' was a clintonite.... and they still found nothing. DUmpmonkiez are now convinced mueller is covering up high crimes and misdemeanors...   :whatever:

Star Member pnwmom (97,763 posts)

50. He found lots of chargeable crimes -- but it is no surprise to anyone that the OLC rule

prevented him from charging him RIGHT NOW

Instead, he said he was preserving the evidence, and he mentioned impeachment over and over.

This is nothing like Fitzmas -- the R's just want us to think so.

:thatsright:

olegramps (7,020 posts)

22. So much is at stake, I believe that it is natural to be very concerned about the election.

There is also cause for concern if Trump loses the election. The question is will he graciously concede or will he call for resistance. His infamous personal attorney was so concerned that he warned the nation's elected representatives of the possibility. I recall that when asked during the last election if he would concede if he loses he responded that the people would have to wait and see. This was compounded by his assertion that if he lost the election was rigged and after the election he claimed that he would have won the popular vote if it hadn't been rigged and millions of illegals had not been allowed to vote.

cbdo2007 (8,163 posts)

6. There are many here posing as Dems who are working against our cause.

They grasp on to any disagreements here and try to encouragement fighting and instability.

:-)

Star Member Duppers (15,340 posts)

41. TRUE! I've had direct encounters with 3 recently.

Got myself 2 hidden posts by calling one out. The other 2 were working a thread in the wee a.m. hrs. I let them know I was putting them on ignore.

:cheersmate:

Star Member Maru Kitteh (20,195 posts)

77. I've seen some suspects come into very good threads with good information and/or optimism for

Democrats and pick off-topic fights or engage in an endless game of "what about" in a too-often successful effort to make the thread all but unreadable.

When they see good news, their task seems to be "kill the messenger."

sarisataka (9,632 posts)

21. Take that to the bank

Was the exactly the words used to assure me of HRC's pending victory in 2016.

I had questioned in a thread if we should be concerned by some polls showing several states in the rust belt were very close. The answer that was given was-

The media needs a horse race and will skew the polls to make the race appear close. President Clinton is going to win in a landslide and get at least 325 Electoral votes. You can Take that to the bank

What reduces my hope is seeing the same language and unwillingness to give credence to any possibility of re-election. What I want to see is the Democratic candidate campaign like s/he is 10 points behind when polls say s/he is 20 ahead. Rather than the Road to 270, let's take the Road to 538

Voltaire2 (5,352 posts)

27. The current situation is in fact rather dismal.

There is no getting around that.

Impeachment is the only path forward for getting the evidence of treason and corruption and abuse of power into the public domain, but it is fraught with peril. And it will, once our leaders finally concede that it is in fact the only path forward, end up in the senate where the corrupt treasonous republican majority will vote to acquit. It needs to be done, it is the right thing to do, it is not going to end with Trump out of office.

Which brings us to the general election, where our chances of retaking the senate are not good, and where it is not certain that Trump will lose. We will retain the House, should retake the executive, but it is entirely possible that Trump gets re-elected. The incumbent in a strong economy generally wins.

Tipperary (4,372 posts)

36. I have noticed a lot of new posters who joined recently.

I have also noticed posters who signed up a long time ago, but have hardly any post history.

I have watched the new ones collect hides pretty quickly. There are some interesting patterns to observe.

Star Member coeur_de_lion (2,193 posts)

49. Yes it's coming

In the next several weeks I am told by a mutual friend that things will look very different.

:mental:

Star Member Stinky The Clown (60,441 posts)

75. For SURE there are trolls and Russians. For the rest of us, its a balancing act

On the one hand, we trust our politicians with varying levels of confidence. On the other hand, this criminal cabal are currently winning, at least in the short term. We do subpoenas. They ignore them. Then what? <- serious question. The courts? Probably but imagine the time it might take. Impeachment? There are moral reasons to do so, but with this Senate it is almost certainly a Pyrrhic victory.

To be cautious is certainly justified.

As to trolls, they are actually protected by the DU rules. MIRT can't get them, juries often do not. Can't call them out. Just another case of the good guys being stymied.

Star Member BigmanPigman (26,328 posts)

120. He'll get nailed...the question is WHEN?

That is the concern...when will he go down?

:fuelfire: :kumbaya: :beathorse: :overreaction: :baby:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

Re: The Con and his goons are going down. Take that to the bank
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2019, 07:24:24 PM »
The way things are going, I think Trump will be out of the WH just before February, 2025. :naughty:

Nice to see mal getting the respect she so richly deserves! :-) She hardly works for it. :rotf:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2019, 07:53:05 AM »
Star Member pnwmom (97,763 posts)

50. He found lots of chargeable crimes -- but it is no surprise to anyone that the OLC rule

prevented him from charging him RIGHT NOW

Instead, he said he was preserving the evidence, and he mentioned impeachment over and over.

This is nothing like Fitzmas -- the R's just want us to think so.

Just 24 business hours to go.  :-)
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2019, 07:57:39 AM »
I so love it when they despair.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2019, 11:16:51 AM »
 :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen