Author Topic: This is why I've always known I could never function as a Congressman:  (Read 1344 times)

Offline CC27

Atticus (5,637 posts)

This is why I've always known I could never function as a Congressman: when an ass like

Trump waves around a "graph" at one of his Bund rallies and claims that he has given Puerto Rico 91 billion dollars while the AP confirms that the true amount is 11 billion, I could not stop myself from screaming "You lying sonofabitch!" the next time I was within earshot of him.

I admire those who can bite their tongue in order to work for the common good, but I have too much outrage to even pretend that these lying criminals are worthy of respect.
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212084722

You are just a angry little DUmmie.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
Where Trump gets the $91 billion figure.
A senior administration official told PolitiFact that Trump arrived at the $91 billion figure by combining the roughly $41 billion already allocated with additional estimated future FEMA costs of $50 billion. (The Washington Post’s Fact Checker wrote that the $50 billion was a high end estimate of what would need to be committed under the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act of 1988.)
It is so nice now that the press is actually parsing the facts and figures given out by the White House. From 2009-2016 that attention to detail was missing.  :sarcasm:

Atticus (5,637 posts)

This is why I've always known I could never function as a Congressman: when an ass like

Trump waves around a "graph" at one of his Bund rallies and claims that he has given Puerto Rico 91 billion dollars while the AP confirms that the true amount is 11 billion, I could not stop myself from screaming "You lying sonofabitch!" the next time I was within earshot of him.
I am old enough to remember when the DUmmies did not like it when congressmen yelled the president was a liar in the president's presence.

Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
Atticus (5,637 posts)

This is why I've always known I could never function as a Congressman: when an ass like....

For that matter, Atticus could never function as a normal person. The difficulty being in the "function" part of the equation.
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
For that matter, Atticus could never function as a normal person. The difficulty being in the "function" part of the equation.

I'd be amazed if Atticus could even do more than waddle around the house in his/hers/it's pajamas.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline SVPete

PolitiFact? The operation of the Poynter Institute who got an SPLC dude to draw up a fake/bias news outlets list that targeted many conservative and Pro-Life outlets? And Judicial Watch and the Alliance Defending Freedom? And urged advertisers to boycott the listed sources? The list wasn't exclusively conservatives - DemocraticUnderground made that list, :rotf:  :tongue: - but its bias a defects were so glaringly obvious that the Poynter Institute pulled it down from their website.

Why would any sane person trust PolitiFact after that display of bias? (I know, "sane person" excludes almost all non-mole DU-folk, :rimshot: )
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline jukin

Well thanks to Sandy Donkey Chompers  (IQ 76) we now know that even a DUmbass could be a congressman.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline YupItsMe

Well thanks to Sandy Donkey Chompers  (IQ 76) we now know that even a DUmbass could be a congressman.

Those garbage disposals are scary things.    She desperately needs a "handler" 

Offline 67 Rover

Those garbage disposals are scary things.    She desperately needs a "handler"

Wait until she sees the vacuum in action. Yikees.  :lmao:
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 08:08:35 AM by 67 Rover »
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline SVPete

Atticus (5,637 posts)

This is why I've always known I could never function ...

This is more accurate and complete.  :rimshot:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.