Author Topic: Wow. BigmanPigman is such a tough guy.  (Read 4689 times)

Offline Mary Ann

Wow. BigmanPigman is such a tough guy.
« on: May 08, 2019, 08:16:22 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/10142313976#post1

BigmanPigman (26,286 posts)

1. My plan to protect my little first graders in my classroom,

which had doors that could only be locked/unlocked from the OUTSIDE, was to get the fire extinguisher, knock the shooter on the head, tell my students to run and tie him up with a jump rope then call the office. After that I would boil water in my microwave to scald his face before help came. I came up with this idea after the Virginia Tech shootings. It's sooooooooooooooo much fun being an over worked, over educated and underpaid and disrespected teacher in the 2000s.
I. Can't. Even.

Offline DLR Pyro

Re: Wow. BigmanPigman is such a tough guy.
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2019, 08:42:39 PM »
After that I would boil water in my microwave to scald his face before help came.

You could read him War and Peace while waiting for the water to boil since you seem to have so much spare time on your hands apprehending a gunman...
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2019, 09:21:02 PM »
Even if that weird fantasy happened, the scalding water would get him charged with aggravated assault.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2019, 10:07:02 PM »
Even if that weird fantasy happened, the scalding water would get him charged with aggravated assault.

Perhaps even a hate crime.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2019, 11:32:45 PM »

which had doors that could only be locked/unlocked from the OUTSIDE, was to get the fire extinguisher, knock the shooter on the head, tell my students to run and tie him up with a jump rope then call the office. After that I would boil water in my microwave to scald his face before help came. I came up with this idea after the Virginia Tech shootings. It's sooooooooooooooo much fun being an over worked, over educated and underpaid and disrespected teacher in the 2000s.

Kindergarten Cop must be this guy's favorite movie.  There are so many things to go wrong with that plan it would probaby result in  a dead him and a bunch of his kids dead.

As for the complaint, I am still looking for the firearm that was pointed to these whiners' foreheads that forced the to go into a particular line of work and then stay in a bad situation. Good teachers at all grade levels, particularly the critical young years, can get a great paying job anywhere.  Good teachers can.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2019, 04:43:13 AM »
Kindergarten Cop must be this guy's favorite movie.  There are so many things to go wrong with that plan it would probaby result in  a dead him and a bunch of his kids dead.

As for the complaint, I am still looking for the firearm that was pointed to these whiners' foreheads that forced the to go into a particular line of work and then stay in a bad situation. Good teachers at all grade levels, particularly the critical young years, can get a great paying job anywhere.  Good teachers can.

Made me think of the scene from 'Raiders of the Lost Ark" where the swordsman does the fancy sword act and Indy just shoots him.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2019, 06:58:59 AM »

Brilliant!  Bring a fire extinguisher to a gun fight.  Over educated my ass.  :mental:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2019, 07:38:20 AM »
This whole scenario is just ridiculous. A guy with a gun is going to stand there and wait for Pig to clobber him with a fire extinguisher. Then 6-year-old children are going to securely tie him up. With jump ropes. Then Pig is going to gratuitously torture a presumably unconscious person, who has been tied up, with boiling water. (Which tells me everything I need to know about Pig.)

Yeah, right. Much more effective than having a firearm available to trained personnel.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2019, 07:56:41 AM »

which had doors that could only be locked/unlocked from the OUTSIDE, was to get the fire extinguisher ...

At which point BigPig would get shot, mid-waddle, 2/3 of the way to the fire extinguisher.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2019, 08:01:57 AM »
At which point BigPig would get shot, mid-waddle, 2/3 of the way to the fire extinguisher.

He is a VERY BIG target.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2019, 09:30:21 AM »

Yup I was about to post the same thing.  Because right there you've crossed the line from defending yourself to becoming the aggressor.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2019, 05:08:55 PM »
That is not a plan so much as fantasizing about being the hero. If preventing mass shootings were that easy, they wouldn't happen.

Offline jukin

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2019, 05:44:21 PM »
Is it wrong that I laughed so hard that a little pee came out.  Because somebody should have told me it was wrong.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2019, 11:25:02 PM »
>an over worked, over educated and underpaid and disrespected teacher in the 2000s.

I smell it, you fool you.  Whisky bottles and brand new cars, Oak tree you're in my way.  You are just another future ignorant victim.

If they are throwing Pb, you don't use H2O, you toss 10x Pb and save the hot H2O for cleanup.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2019, 11:19:35 AM »
I thought lardass was collecting disability and not working because he’s dying.

This guy disgusts me. He’s a fat, lazy, lying piece of shit. Probably a pedophile.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2019, 01:38:00 PM »

This guy disgusts me. He’s a fat, lazy, lying piece of shit. Probably a pedophile.

KC

Another Omaha Steve???    :???:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2019, 01:43:45 PM »
Another Omaha Steve???    :???:

Even fatter.
Even more stupid.
Even uglier.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2019, 06:00:37 PM »

KC

In general the rank and file of DU members remind me of this scene from the series MASH when it comes to honesty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yJOhsAH9MY

:o
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2019, 08:06:27 PM »

Lookie here!
 :badass:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2019, 05:15:42 AM »
In general the rank and file of DU members remind me of this scene from the series MASH when it comes to honesty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yJOhsAH9MY

:o

Yup!!

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Ausonius

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2019, 09:13:01 AM »
Concerning the Big Man's complaints about teaching as a career...

I have been teaching since I was a teenager (c. 1965, when I taught Religion to public school students at my Catholic parish (it was called CCD)), and professionally since 1973.

I have usually been teaching in Catholic schools, where being underpaid is to be expected!  I have no regrets: when I twice taught  in public schools, things just never felt right, mainly because of the lack of seriousness among the faculty, who wanted to do little work but be paid handsomely.  The lack of seriousness and not really caring about educating students for the future in the public schools drove me to return to a Catholic school.  You can also imagine how enthused the students were about anything, given such an atmosphere.  To be sure, some teachers did try to do their best, but the majority seemed lackluster.

Despite earning 25%-33% less than a public school teacher, my wife (also a Catholic-school teacher and principal) and I sent our three children through college without them going too much into debt (they paid off any loans before they were 30), took occasional vacations to widen their experience (e.g. Upper Peninsula of Michigan, Niagara Falls, and even Germany twice), and provided a nice house in a nice neighborhood for them to have a decent childhood and adolescence.

We are overdue for retirement, and have a modest investment for it.  2019-2020 will probably be our last school year.

Our children make somewhere between $150,000-$200,000 each in various occupations.   O-)  So we feel quite successful and have no complaints about being paid less than public-school teachers.

I should mention: one summer I was hired by the public-school district of a fairly affluent suburb of Dayton to write a Latin curriculum book for their teachers, which I knew they would all ignore.  (I was leaving the school district for a Catholic school position.)  The pay, however, was not bad.  I had a small office at the School District's Office and could observe things.

Have you ever wondered what e.g. the Assistant Superintendent for Social Studies*, the Assistant Superintendent for Mathematics, etc. do all day?

They saunter in around 10:00, read the mail, chat with each other, and then suddenly it's LUNCH TIME, which takes a good hour or more.  They come back, maybe have a meeting, type a few things, and suddenly it's 3:00 or so: time to leave and complain "Oh what I a day I had!"   :o

* This idiot had been put in charge of Foreign Languages.  Halfway through the year he arrived in my classroom unannounced: German and Latin posters were on the walls, because those were my subjects.  He had met me earlier in the year.

He asked: "Could you use these books for next year?"

They were all in Spanish.   :hammer:

I politely explained why I could not use them.  :rotf:
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 09:15:33 AM by Ausonius »
"Every democracy eventually becomes a bilge pump expelling the most hilarious and unwitting self-satire."

Offline SVPete

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2019, 09:40:22 AM »
For me, Grades 1-3 were at a Lutheran parochial school. Then it closed (couldn't pay enough to attract a teacher to replace one who was leaving, one teach out of a total of two) and I was in PS through HS. When I entered 4th Grade at PS I was half a year ahead in Math, and two years ahead in Reading. I had mostly really good teachers, but the very few mediocrities I had "taught" me that mediocrities were there and could do a lot of harm. That understanding was part of why, 15 years after I graduated from HS, my wife and I decided to homeschool our kids.

Thank you for your educational service, Ausonius! :hi5: earned and issued!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline jb2u11

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2019, 01:39:18 PM »
For me, Grades 1-3 were at a Lutheran parochial school. Then it closed (couldn't pay enough to attract a teacher to replace one who was leaving, one teach out of a total of two) and I was in PS through HS. When I entered 4th Grade at PS I was half a year ahead in Math, and two years ahead in Reading. I had mostly really good teachers, but the very few mediocrities I had "taught" me that mediocrities were there and could do a lot of harm. That understanding was part of why, 15 years after I graduated from HS, my wife and I decided to homeschool our kids.

Thank you for your educational service, Ausonius! :hi5: earned and issued!
I went to a Lutheran school 1st thru 8th.  High school was completely a re-hash and I could have probably skipped most of it.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2019, 04:16:32 PM »
I went to a Lutheran school 1st thru 8th.  High school was completely a re-hash and I could have probably skipped most of it.

My 3rd Grade teacher goofed in planning out our Math book, and had 2 or 3 weeks left when we finished. She gave us a choice, and we forged ahead into multiplication. So the first semester of 4th Grade was the same thing. It was known, at the end of my 3rd Grade year that the school would be closing, so my teacher, knowing I loved reading, gave me  4th and 5 Grade Readers that were going to be thrown away (very beat up), which I devoured through the summer.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 09:23:33 PM by SVPete »

Offline Ausonius

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2019, 06:00:08 PM »
Many thanks for the interesting responses!

It was known, at the end of my 3rd Grade year that the school would be closing, so my teacher, knowing I loved reading, gave me  4th and 5 Grade Readers that were going to be thrown away (very beat up), which I devoured through the summer.

Concerning textbooks: in Ohio the state will supply textbooks for required courses, but (obviously) not for Religion.

When the textbooks are outdated, the law says that they must be discarded. Even if they are in good shape, they cannot be given to students to use as references, or to other schools which might need them.

I have always suspected political lobbying by the publishing companies for such a requirement.
"Every democracy eventually becomes a bilge pump expelling the most hilarious and unwitting self-satire."