Author Topic: In case anyone's forgotten  (Read 1338 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
In case anyone's forgotten
« on: April 30, 2019, 01:45:32 AM »
which probably most have, today, April 30, marks the 14th anniversary of the beginning of the Scam that Rocked the Internet, poor stupid Beth's really stupid stunt that cost Skins's island a great deal of its laboriously-earned credibility, making it the laughingstock of the internet.

It all of course had nothing to do with its cover story, that of the red round one suffering from pancratic cancer and needing an operation.  It had nothing to do with franksolich instructing Paypal to delay disbursements, or with franksolich persuading Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore to delay a medically-vital operation.

The red round one had already had an operation, unsuccessful, in his hometown of Seattle, Washington, the preceding February.

And how the Hell I myself possessed any power to meddle with either a financial account or a surgery of an individual wholly unconnected with me, escapes me.  Perhaps the quick dude on DU Jr., otherwise known as the pintobean primitive, the primitive light in the loafers, who most recently levied this oft-levied charge, can explain.

It was all bullshit.

What was really going on was that poor stupid Beth was locked in a marriage she wanted to escape, her family was in peril of tax liens on some modest properties in San Francisco, and her elderly mother was about ready to lose the farm.

She needed money. 

And because the red round one was dying anyway, and had a strong streak of the practical joker in him, he allowed her to use his "cause" to raise money for her causes.  He'd accepted his terminality with equanimity, damn near serenity, and didn't care.

During the "fundraiser," meant to garner $25,000 for this alleged operation but actually to relieve poor stupid Beth of her financial pressures, donations were instructed to be sent to the Paypal ac**** of the red round one.

It's highly unlikely that anything near $25,000 was raised, and it was moot anyway.  Upon the demise of the red round one, his "husband," the termite primitive, in whose name the Paypal account was joint, absconded with the proceeds, however much or little they were.

Beth was left out in the cold, but managed to divorce her husband anyway, lost the properties in San Francisco to property taxes, and a couple of years after that, lost the family farm to foreclosure.

It's a great story, in the sense of medieval morality tales, in which greed and gluttony and lies never prosper.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 02:36:06 AM by franksolich »
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BamaMoose

Re: In case anyone's forgotten
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2019, 02:14:51 AM »
Frank,

Thanks for reminding us all of one of the most embarrassing episodes on DU.  Even Will Pitt and Skinner, who aren't the sharpest knifes, flagged the whole thing as a scam.  And were shouted down by the true believers.  To this day, some over there, still speak of the nefarious cloak-and-dagger actions which killed Andy.  It's an interesting example of just how devoted DUmmies can be to a total fallacy, if it suits their purposes.

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2019, 07:57:23 AM »
There's apparently a few who still believe.
Delusional.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2019, 09:44:01 AM »
Has anyone heard from Wee Willie Pitt's ninja lawyers yet?  Maybe it takes 24 business years.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2019, 03:44:19 PM »
Has anyone heard from Wee Willie Pitt's ninja lawyers yet?  Maybe it takes 24 business years.

I'm still waiting for Fat Che and the sensitive piano-playing lad to come out here to play some baseball.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2019, 06:06:18 PM »
I'm still waiting for Fat Che and the sensitive piano-playing lad to come out here to play some baseball.

Fat Che.  :rotf:

Haven't thought about that dude for awhile.  Used to pop by Big Jerr's message board a couple times a year.  Haven't received any fundraising emails in a long time.  Wonder if that place is still around?
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2019, 10:26:15 PM »
Fat Che.  :rotf:

Haven't thought about that dude for awhile.  Used to pop by Big Jerr's message board a couple times a year.  Haven't received any fundraising emails in a long time.  Wonder if that place is still around?

I think Big Jerr's place fell off the map several years ago. I signed up there and moled for fun. Like a lot of the DU shoot-off sites, they're desperate for attention and members, so it's easy to join up and blend in.

Back in 2004, 2005, 2006....  I used to take the summer off from posting at CU, just take a break so as to not burn out. I missed the whole scamdy thing, but still get a laugh from Pitt saying he was going to grind everyone into the ground, and all the primitives saying that CUers were going to be sued and possibly charges filed and prison time. Sound familiar? It's 2019 and things never change.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.