Author Topic: By the way, Lee was a shitty general.  (Read 1766 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
By the way, Lee was a shitty general.
« on: April 28, 2019, 01:22:01 PM »
Voltaire2 (5,301 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212051012

He threw his soldiers away for nothing at Gettysburg. That battle is a case history in colossal military blunders- a lesson in how not to be an awful general.

By the way- every military historian disagrees with you...

Of course- it's not like I taught at CGSC and the War College on the topic of the American Civil War or anything...

:whatever:

To simply say X is a crappy commander because they lost Y battle is... well... Leftist retardency at it's finest.

O-)

Star Member brush (22,695 posts)

8. Yep, he was not a great general (Pickett's Charge and all that with 50% casualties)...

He was a great traitor though. Once the commandant of West Point, the US military academy where he once attended, took up arms against his own country.

**** trump for calling him a brilliant general, and **** Lee who eventually was ass-kicked by General Grant.

Here's some info on Gettysburg and Pickett's charge that Lee ordered. The Battle of Gettysburg was the high point of the confederacy's advance against the Union, after the loss there is was all down hill for Lee and the confederacy:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pickett%27s_Charge

:thatsright:

captain queeg (271 posts)

28. Know very little about the civil war...

But guys like Rommel and Guderian seemed to hold Lee in high regard so he couldn’t have been all bad. Though Rommel was a bit over rated himself. In general, like all things, hindsight is 20/20.

oh, dear... those guys were NAZIs...

:whistling:

Star Member Aristus (45,910 posts)

46. Rommel and Guderian were serving a cruel, repressive, racist government.

So they knew one of their own when they saw him.

:whatever:

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
Re: By the way, Lee was a shitty general.
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2019, 01:28:10 PM »
Gee look at them all line up to yell and scream "I'M NOT RACIST". :bird:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2019, 01:41:58 PM »
Lee - like many other Southern generals - did extremely well in the Mex-Am War. And given his limited resources and underlying industrial base, did extremely well in the Civil War.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2019, 02:19:59 PM »
Wasn't Marse Robert a Democrat?
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2019, 04:33:00 PM »
Voltaire2 (5,301 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212051012

Maybe, but not as shitty as obama, and not president hillary. :lmao: :lmao: :-) :-) :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2019, 06:28:22 PM »
Lee - like many other Southern generals - did extremely well in the Mex-Am War. And given his limited resources and underlying industrial base, did extremely well in the Civil War.

If he could have gotten more than just some supplies from the Brits...had they not decided to remain basically neutral (not supply ground or naval forces under the British flag)...history might have been written much differently.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2019, 07:33:06 PM »
The primitives are simply idiots yellin at the wind. Their opinion on anything, and especially anything militarily, has no roots in reality. They take their military opinions to West Point or the Naval Academy and they would be laughed to scorn. But on their own whacko site, they can pat each other on the back and think they're smart. That site has been that way since 2001.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2019, 10:49:45 PM »
Did I miss something...why all this DUmmy chatter about Robert E. Lee all of a sudden?
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2019, 12:33:12 AM »
Did I miss something...why all this DUmmy chatter about Robert E. Lee all of a sudden?

Trump dared to refer to him as a great General the other day.  The panties of the left twisted all at once over that statement.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2019, 08:34:01 AM »
If he could have gotten more than just some supplies from the Brits...had they not decided to remain basically neutral (not supply ground or naval forces under the British flag)...history might have been written much differently.
Sounds like a premise to a Harry Turtledove book.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2019, 10:30:53 PM »
"He was a great traitor though. Once the commandant of West Point, the US military academy where he once attended, took up arms against his own country."
Are the DUmmies aware that Lee was originally tapped to lead the Union army, but refused and joined the Confederacy not because of agreeing with slavery or anything, but simply because he wanted to try and protect his home state of Virginia from being invaded and potentially destroyed by the Union troops?

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2019, 11:14:56 PM »
Trump dared to refer to him as a great General the other day.  The panties of the left twisted all at once over that statement.

That's essentially it. Trump could say something good about the NY Yankees (or insert virtually anything here) and the primitives would find some reason to hate baseball or whatever it is he proclaimed he liked. They're  :mental:

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2019, 09:39:21 AM »
Rommel and Guderian were officers and excellent ones long before Hitler came to power, and Lee did not go to war for slavery, he went to war for Virginia.  He was not perfect but he is studied still today because he was able to take on a strategically-hopeless situation and keep it a hotly-contested issue for three years, then fight the retrograde as successfully as possible for a year more.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Adam Wood

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2019, 05:09:51 PM »
That's essentially it. Trump could say something good about the NY Yankees (or insert virtually anything here) and the primitives would find some reason to hate baseball or whatever it is he proclaimed he liked. They're  :mental:

I've said for quite some time: Donald Trump could cure all cancer tomorrow, and the Leftists and other haters would only bitch that he put oncologists out of work.