Author Topic: Beto O'Rourke calls for ethical farm-to-table restaurants in every community  (Read 1119 times)

Offline Mr Mannn

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/beto-orourke-calls-for-farm-to-table-restaurants-in-every-community
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
this is politics, but it feels like it should be posted in the Mind Numbed Stupidity forum.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Former Rep. Beto O'Rourke called for the establishment of farm-to-table restaurants in every community to combat poor nutrition.

Farm-to-table restaurants are part of a socially-conscious movement favored by wealthy urbanites that often feature small, elaborately designed fare from local farms and are typically very expensive.

~~snip~~

"Beto says he wants farm to table restaurants in *every* community when asked about poor nutrition in many places," reported Washington Post journalist Annie Linskey, who live-tweeted the event.

~~snip~~

Another Washington Post journalist, Dave Weigel, did not relay the paraphrased exchange, but noted that the topic of poverty-linked "food deserts" was more fully addressed by O'Rourke.

"Beto gets a question about nutrition; he has a very handy series of answers based on conversations with people in food deserts, says farm bill should factor in nutrition more than it does," Weigel wrote.

Food deserts are generally poor rural or urban areas where access to fresh produce is limited or nonexistent.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When an up-and-coming politician/fascist like Beto comes along I want to know how he will fix the potholes before I entertain ideas how he will use a govt mandate to force expensive restaurants into city ghettos.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Well, one way to address the issue of poor nutrition is by highly restricting the sorts of foods that can be purchased using food stamps.  I.e., no junk foods.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline DLR Pyro

This coming from a guy who ate dirt after losing his 2018 Senate race and earlier in his life trying to convince his wife that baby crap was guacamole...
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Let the free market dictate, you fake Hispanic douche.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Online Old n Grumpy

but noted that the topic of poverty-linked "food deserts"

Maybe if the residents of these "food  deserts" didn't rob or burn down businesses in thier area it would get better. Or possibly replace food  stamps and EBT cards with, meat and veggies for them to cook.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!