Author Topic: Primitives perform a war dance because Trump pulled us out of a UN treaty.  (Read 1257 times)

Offline Mr Mannn

Some years ago 0bama signed a treaty with the UN to control the arms trade. It was really designed to restrict the 2nd Amendment here in the US. it was never sent to Congress to ratify because not even the  Rats would sign away gun rights. Trump just pulled us out of this pointless treaty.

Now Nancy and the Primitives are all waggling their arms in faux outrage over a piece of paper that has no teeth. For your amusement:
Star Member spanone (111,888 posts)

Thank You Speaker Pelosi
https://twitter.com/SpeakerPelosi/status/1121870938553888768?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1121870938553888768&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.democraticunderground.com%2F100212050882
Nancy Pelosi
‏Verified account @SpeakerPelosi

.@realDonaldTrump pulling the U.S. out of yet another arms control treaty undermines our national security and makes for a more dangerous world. Leaving the Arms Trade Treaty that limits global trafficking in lethal weapons to get applause from the @NRA is reckless and shameful.

pulling the U.S. out of yet another arms control treaty undermines our national security and makes for a more dangerous world. Leaving the Arms Trade Treaty that limits global trafficking in lethal weapons to get applause from the @NRA is reckless and shameful.
Star Member watoos (5,076 posts)
1. I'm guessing that Trump did this on his own,

without consulting the Secretary of Defense (do we have one yet) or the Joint Chiefs of Staff?
Star Member spanone (111,888 posts)
2. It was for applause. He couldn't care less about folks living or dying if he gets applause.

...and he signed the 'executive' order on stage in from of the drooling morons
Iliyah (17,314 posts)
4. This . . .

shithole and the Republican party have put the USA in danger.
rainin (1,806 posts)
5. Doesn't it make more sense at this point that weakening the US is the plan?

I've watched this unfold from the perspective very early that he was turned by Putin. Everything he does makes sense from that point of view. The electoral college allowed Putin to be elected President of the United States.
Raven123 (893 posts)
10. Not sure she can do anything

I read an article that indicated the Court refused to intervene when a previous POTUS pulled out of a treaty.

Making Dems position clear and focusing on the folly of Trump's decisions may be the only option.
Star Member calimary (52,377 posts)
12. Impeach, my lady. Don't rule out impeachment, Madame Speaker.

The lawlessness of this so-called (and flagrantly illegitimate - ‘cause he CHEATED) “pResident” is out in the open.

This is out in the open. IN PLAIN SIGHT. He is OPENLY DEFYING THE LAW. Yes, I’m SHOUTING! Is it okay with you to have a “pResident” who openly DEFIES THE LAW, America? How ‘bout it, America. Is that OKAY with you?????
The level of blatant ignorance over there is mind boggling.

Offline Mr Mannn

At the twitter link some brilliant poster said this...
So Nancy, how come Congress NEVER ratified the treaty? The treaty would have been law if they did. But right now it is just a piece of paper with 0bama's signature. It was never law and it was never implemented in any way. Your argument is MOOT.

feel free to leave your own tweet for the Nancy.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Mr Mannn

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Sure thing, friend.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
Star Member calimary (52,377 posts)
12. Impeach, my lady. Don't rule out impeachment, Madame Speaker.

The lawlessness of this so-called (and flagrantly illegitimate - ‘cause he CHEATED) “pResident” is out in the open.

This is out in the open. IN PLAIN SIGHT. He is OPENLY DEFYING THE LAW. Yes, I’m SHOUTING! Is it okay with you to have a “pResident” who openly DEFIES THE LAW, America? How ‘bout it, America. Is that OKAY with you?????

I wish this kind of stupid was fatal.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline jukin

So Trump is ignoring and invalidating an invalid treaty by Preezy Shit Midas. It was at best an agreement, held zero actual value, and of course took away American liberty.

The DUchebags should actually give up the NPC persona and look into what the Constitution says. But it easier and stupider to just go off on a wild tangent presented by Mr. Maddow or any other non experts have to say.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline SVPete

This treaty was signed by OhBummer!, but never ratified. That means it was never in force, never US law, had had no effects on the US' status in the world.

All Trump did was ask the US Senate to cease the ratification process.

DU people are so predictably ignorant.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Old n Grumpy

F**k the UN and their treaties, we need to pull out and throw them out of the US. :bird:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!