Author Topic: Is anyone else tired of the new talking point that it is sexist if you  (Read 1175 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
jezebel321

Is anyone else tired of the new talking point that it is sexist if you like a male candidate over the females? And heaven forbid its a white male! Or oh my God a young white male.

The cries of sexism are starting to get really grating to me.

I'm a 37 year old white woman, am I sexist if E Warren isn't my top choice? Am I racist that Kamala Harris isn't?

Politics is about the campaign. For some people it is policy paper driven, not for others. If that was the case we wouldn't need campaigns, we would just look at their resumes and choose the "most qualified".

I get it if Elizabeth Warren is your first choice. Or Kamala. But denigrating the others and especially calling it sexist that for some voters they aren't automatically at the top of the polls is going to chase off a lot of voters who will be needed later.

sorry for the rant

appalachiablue
1. When the SS- scold squad gets that targeted and the volume is
unbearable, ya just gotta say no-- to guilt trips, foolishness, or whatevah

Mr Tibbs
34. Running candidates based on gender and race
Instead of policy would be a disaster.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/128793420

These assholes think they're going to pretend their slander against everyone who didn't fall in line for Obama and Hillary never existed.

Choke on your own vomit, you mutts
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 08:10:14 AM by franksolich »
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
 :rotf:

What comes around, goes around. These people are the biggest players of identity politics. Someone ALWAYS deserves to be president because they are; black, gay, female, mixed, ‘anything as long as it’s not male and white’, and if you can’t see that it’s because you’re an imbecile who shouldn’t be allowed to vote.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Maverick1987

• M o l o n L a b e
:rotf:

What comes around, goes around. These people are the biggest players of identity politics. Someone ALWAYS deserves to be president because they are; black, gay, female, mixed, ‘anything as long as it’s not male and white’, and if you can’t see that it’s because you’re an imbecile who shouldn’t be allowed to vote.

KC

Case in point:

esponse to jezebel321 (Original post)Fri Apr 26, 2019, 10:52 PM
Star Member brush (22,678 posts)
2. Our ticket should reflect the make-up of our party, thus two white males is out...

Pair one with a woman and/or POC then we're talking.

This is not the '80s or '90s, it's 2019 and our base has much diversity. If out ticket does not reflect that we risk many voters staying home to show their lack of enthusiasm for a non-inclusive ticket.

We should not even think about doing that. Sexism and a lack of diversity will re-install trump.

Gender, race and sexual orientation prevails over actual qualifications (or lack there of), which is an incredibly racist, sexist and bigoted point of view, and folks like "brush" are too stupid to realize it. 

Deplorable since 2016

Offline Mr Mannn

jezebel321

Is anyone else tired of the new talking point that it is sexist if you like a male candidate over the females? And heaven forbid its a white male! Or oh my God a young white male.
Face it honey. You are now a slave to identity politics. Democrat Fascists have made whites the new Jews.
This is a fate of your own creation.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
This is how a free country ends up disappearing into history; idiots voting for candidates based upon exterior appearances over qualifications and third-world voters putting the same type of scum in office that turned their former countries into sewers.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline jukin

The left hates a meritocracy.  It is now out and they are proud of hating successful people.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Old n Grumpy

2. Our ticket should reflect the make-up of our party, thus two white males is out...

Pair one with a woman and/or POC Retard and crook then we're talking.
:-) :rotf: :rotf:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Delmar

Response to jezebel321 (Original post)Sat Apr 27, 2019, 12:33 PM
qazplm135 (1,738 posts)
55. You know what's really ridiculous?

That it's 2019 and we've still never had a female President.

No wait, not ridiculous, ****ing embarrassing.

If you want moderate, then pick Harris.
You want progressive, then pick Warren.

Two candidates are plenty enough for anybody.  Nobody needs 23 different kinds of underarm deodorants and nobody needs more than two presidential candidates to choose from, not while there are hungry children in this country.  Bernie knows.

You don’t necessarily need a choice of 23 underarm spray deodorants or of 18 different pairs of sneakers when children are hungry in this country.

https://www.cnbc.com/2015/05/26/10-questions-with-bernie-sanders.html
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden