Author Topic: My advice to all of our candidates.  (Read 1380 times)

Offline CC27

My advice to all of our candidates.
« on: April 26, 2019, 08:11:26 AM »
Funtatlaguy (4,678 posts)

As a true undecided whose overriding issue is who can best and most easily defeat Trump and possibly have Senate coattails, I have some unsolicited advice.

Of course primaries are about pointing out differences.
And with that will, of course, come with some sharp elbows and negative ads and statements.
But please be mindful just how different this year is mentally & emotionally.
All Dems and many Indy’s and a few Repubs are scared to death of another Trump term.
When hearing any political talk, his overwhelming presence is still in our thoughts.

Therefore, I suggest this for all Dems in the primaries.
Before you say or put out any statement (like comparison or contrast ads) that might be viewed as negative or bashing, please remember the tone you use and I suggest one other thing.

I would start any criticism of a primary opponent by saying something like this:
“Before I talk about some differences between me and others running for the nomination, just know that he/she/they are infinitely better than our current President and I will work as hard as I can to elect our eventual nominee. That being said, here’s some differences between me and (fill in the blank)......”

I think primary deciders and fence sitters would appreciate hearing this.
It would Clear their heads of any Trump thinking and make them more willing to listen to what you are saying and accept it as just normal primary compare and contrast campaigning.

Just my .02 as someone who loves so many of our candidates and is also scared 💩 less of another four years of Trump.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/128791326

Your fellow DUmp monkeys will not heed your advice.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: My advice to all of our candidates.
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2019, 08:15:52 AM »

Your fellow DUmp monkeys will not heed your advice.

No, they sure won't.

But it's lousy advice anyway, so nothing lost.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2019, 08:19:22 AM »

As a true undecided whose overriding issue is who can best and most easily defeat Trump and possibly have Senate coattails, I have some unsolicited advice.

-TLDR-

Just my .02 as someone who loves so many of our candidates and is also scared 💩 less of another four years of Trump.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/128791326
All that blather just to say "I am probably voting for Biden".
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2019, 08:34:17 AM »
All that blather just to say "I am probably voting for Biden".
Push comes to shove and itll stay in line just as its betters tell it to do
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2019, 08:47:30 AM »
Yes! Please! Devote all your energies to the I-Hate-Trump! and People who voted for him are the sum of all eeee-VILES! messages! Kind of like they already are.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2019, 09:04:41 AM »
First,  :rofl:

Second, I don’t think DUmbass up there knows what undecided means.

Third, remember the 2016 election season and how much fun the DUmmies had deriding the republicans for having 16 people running?

Fourth,  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:  Suck it DUmmies!!

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2019, 09:22:24 AM »
It's as if the DUmmies know, in spite of their many words to the contrary, know that among the 25 or 30 thousand individuals running for the D party for prez, that only 1 of them has a resume of more than 1 page and that individual is a gaff factory that Trump will turn into a quivering bowl of jail-o.

Thus sayeth President Trump: “Welcome to the race Sleepy Joe,” Trump tweeted Wednesday morning. “I only hope you have the intelligence, long in doubt, to wage a successful primary campaign. It will be nasty — you will be dealing with people who truly have some very sick & demented ideas. But if you make it, I will see you at the Starting Gate!”
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2019, 10:04:08 AM »
Yes! Please! Devote all your energies to the I-Hate-Trump! and People who voted for him are the sum of all eeee-VILES! messages! Kind of like they already are.

Yes, Please keep up messages like that.  Meanwhile the rest of the Nation will be reading headlines like this and decide in a more logical manner...

US economy grows by 3.2% in the first quarter, topping expectations
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/26/gdp-q1-2019-first-read.html
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2019, 01:09:52 PM »
Democrats are the nastiest, mud slinging, liars there are. Expecting them to respect each other in a mad dash for power is a fools errand.

Offline YupItsMe

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2019, 01:34:22 PM »
Advice to Democrats, don't bring up the fact that your candidate in the lead likes to sniff little girl's hair, don't bring up the fact that number to is just a grumpy old communist, don't bring up the fact that one of you newest runners probably likes to sniff little boy's hair.    You're really on a roll.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2019, 03:48:55 PM »

A fight to the death cage match, the winner takes all.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Karin

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2019, 09:07:37 PM »
Democrats are the nastiest, mud slinging, liars there are. Expecting them to respect each other in a mad dash for power is a fools errand.

Quite so.

Brooklynite, who is usually just slightly smarter than the average DUmmie, misses the point, and think that the world revolves around DU:

brooklynite (50,852 posts)

1. Thanks for the suggestion, but No...

People here shouldn't need to be continually reassured that their candidate is infinitely better than Trump; if they haven't figured that out, they probably shouldn't be here.