Author Topic: anti-Christian DUmpmonkiez lecture Christians on morals...  (Read 1287 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
anti-Christian DUmpmonkiez lecture Christians on morals...
« on: April 25, 2019, 07:41:09 PM »
Star Member trueblue2007 (10,683 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212046797

Trump has broken God's Commandment Number 6 : "Thou shalt not commit adultery", AT LEAST 3 TIMES
It’s no problem to be married more than, well, twice

Let’s be clear here. We’re not talking about polygamy (sorry, Mitt), only serial marriages. This revision has been a long time in the making. Yes, Jesus said: “Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery, and whoever marries a woman divorced from her husband commits adultery.”

Through the 1970s, we evangelicals ostracized anyone who was divorced, let alone divorced and remarried. But then we decided to ditch a family man (and fellow evangelical) in favor of a divorced and remarried Hollywood actor in 1980. Once that barrier was breached, we concluded that, hey, if two marriages are okay, why not three?

:whatever:

Star Member msongs (49,925 posts)

1. leviticus 20:10 adulterers shall be put to death nt

Cicada (2,764 posts)

4. It is also against New York State law, still, up to 90 days in jail

Lock him up!

::)

Dave Starsky (4,777 posts)

9. Ah, but he loves Jesus, so all's forgiven.

I'm trying to keep a straight face, here.

:thatsright:

Star Member Drahthaardogs (5,336 posts)

12. Catholic and Orthodox don't allow it.

As it is sacred scripture from Jesus himself. How a "Sola scriptura" cult can manage to twist this is beyond me.

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

Re: anti-Christian DUmpmonkiez lecture Christians on morals...
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2019, 08:03:33 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212046797

Trump has broken God's Commandment Number 6 : "Thou shalt not commit adultery", AT LEAST 3 TIMES
It’s no problem to be married more than, well, twice

Ummmmm, OK. The most recent D candidate for the Presidency enabled and defended a serial sexual assaulter and demonized his victims to enable her own Senatorial career and runs for the Presidency.

The most recent D President probably has a sexual history Star Member trueblue2007 would not want to have talked about (and I am not referring to innuendos that BHO is gay).

The D President before BHO was the serial sexual assaulter I alluded to above. Because that is what WJC was and may yet be.

Star Member trueblue2007 misremembers Evangelical Christians, BTW. The E church I attended in the late 70s and at which I met my wife had a senior pastor who was divorced. The senior pastor of the E church my family and I attended for nearly 20 years, starting in the very late 1980s, had a BC sexual history that was, well, clearly BC. A daughter was born of one of those relationships, and that pastor and his wife raised her as their daughter. The pastor of the church my family attends currently also has a BC sexual history that was clearly BC. Obviously my decades of experiences in Evangelical differs from what Star Member trueblue2007 claims to have had. I know nothing of him/her, so I'll leave it at Evangelical Christians are more complex in how we live and how we think than Star Member trueblue2007 claims we are. How Star Member trueblue2007 avoided knowing that, well, I won't post a guess.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2019, 09:58:35 PM »
There finger pointing might have had some effect except for a few minor things in their past.

When Clinton was behaving poorly towards women and humiliating poor Hillary, they defended him rather than rebuke him. Kinda hard to point the finger at others for not calling out a womanizer when you spent the 90's defending one.

And then when Bush43 was in office, a man who was married to the same woman and by all appearances had integrity in his marriage, the primitives went after both of them in personal and vicious ways.

So when a prez disagrees with them politically, they go after him personally whether his marital past was good or bad. Since the primitives don't distinguish either way, why should decent and civilized people pay any attention to them?

Of course, this simple little fact goes right over the heads of the primitives, as do all things reasonable and logical. So they'll keep yapping as if they believe they're making sense, and all the while they'll just be further embarrassing themselves.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2019, 08:24:42 AM »
I wonder what DU-folks' reaction to Rielle Hunter was as that story evolved during the 2008 campaign for the D nomination. I'm guessing that the reaction evolved over time, and DU-folk were much rougher on her than they were on John Edwards.

By way of contrast, in 2008 the NYT "had to" publish a ludicrously false claim of McCain having an affair with a lobbyist while being dragged kicking and screaming into covering John Edwards' very real affair.

The bottom line is that every person in government office or position is an imperfect human being, and Donald Trump might have been more imperfect than average. OTOH, Hillary and Billary were and are criminally (though not charged) worse than Donald Trump. And Hillary publicly expressed her desire/intent to violate a provision of the First Amendment that DU-folk would happily see violated.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2019, 08:37:41 AM »
As a Christian, I wasn't voting for Trump to lead my Church. I voted for him because he wasn't Hillary and I supported a lot more of his political positions than Hillary's. Is that really so hard to understand?
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2019, 08:38:05 AM »
See how a man treats his wife and you see how he lives his life and runs his business.  Voted libertarian last time and was fine with it.
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2019, 11:40:25 AM »
Point of order: NEVER take religious advice from atheists . They don't believe, study the Word, or respect you.

That said, there ARE some atheists who WILL respect you, but I've never see that type quote the Bible to manipulate voters.

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2019, 11:58:52 AM »
Well what about JFK deflowering a young staffer in Jackie's White House bed?  HUM????

https://nypost.com/2012/02/05/teen-mistress-addresses-relationship-pols-cold-war-fears-in-memoir/

or

He took me into Jackie's room... I was powerless to resist: Ex-White House intern, 19, describes 'passionate 18-month affair with JFK'
Former White House intern Mimi Alford says JFK 'took her virginity'
Ex-President 'told her to perform sex acts on his friend while he watched'
Claims he made her take drugs, never kissed her and played 'waiting games'
The former church administrator thought she was pregnant with JFK's child
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2096770/JFK-took-virginity-White-House-intern-Mimi-Alford-19.html 

Oh Jack you rascal you.  No wonder Jackie never looked back when she married Aristotle O. :rotf:
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2019, 12:19:58 PM »
Well what about JFK deflowering a young staffer in Jackie's White House bed?  HUM????
Our would be elitist rulers do not hold themselves to the same standards we are expected to obey.

Offline YupItsMe

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2019, 01:38:48 PM »
As a Christian, I wasn't voting for Trump to lead my Church. I voted for him because he wasn't Hillary and I supported a lot more of his political positions than Hillary's. Is that really so hard to understand?

FlaGator.  That's what I tell people all the time.  I have several good,  godly men that I can attempt (not so well) to model my life after.  To run my country, I just want somebody that loves America and has common sense.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2019, 02:09:39 PM »

https://nypost.com/2012/02/05/teen-mistress-addresses-relationship-pols-cold-war-fears-in-memoir/

or

Oh Jack you rascal you.  No wonder Jackie never looked back when she married Aristotle O. :rotf:

How much detail they knew, I won't guess, but the MSM of the late 1950s and early 1960s knew JFK was a philandering horndog. They probably just loathed Nixon too much to let the public know the truth.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2019, 03:44:19 PM »
Let’s be clear here. We’re not talking about polygamy (sorry, Mitt)

And your muslim buddies as well . and don't forget all your sicko butt loving buckaroos as well. :bird: :loser:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline SVPete

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2019, 04:18:38 PM »
Let’s be clear here. We’re not talking about polygamy (sorry, Mitt), only serial marriages.

Evidently Star Member trueblue2007 is so ignorant of Mormonism that (s)he is not aware that the Mormons forbade polygamy before the end of the 19th Century. How (s)he avoided learning that from Mormon friends and/or reading an author like Walter Martin, I won't guess.