Author Topic: Have you ever actually hated a sitting US President before?  (Read 3636 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Have you ever actually hated a sitting US President before?
« on: April 23, 2019, 08:17:36 PM »
Star Member 11 Bravo (19,566 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212042153

Have you ever actually hated a sitting US President before?
Nixon was my C-in-C, and while I thought the sonofabitch was exactly that, I didn't actually hate him.
Reagan was, at least in my opinion, an amiable dunce, who was almost completely senescent by the end of his second term. (He'll rot in Hell for ignoring the AIDS crisis, but I was unaware of it at the time.)
George HW Bush was a patrician douche, who committed crimes in service to who knows what. Probably some misguided energetic Commie-hunting bullshit instinct left over from the 60's.
W was a dope who was engaged in a dick-measuring contest with his daddy, and God knows how many innocent civilians and US service men and women paid the price.

But I never actually hated ANY sitting President.

Until now.

I want horrible things to happen to the orange shitgibbon who has usurped the people's house, and is now actively engaged in destroying everything that this country used to stand for.
If his diet should catch up with him, and he tumbles in a heap down the steps of Air Force One ... well ... shit happens. And just in case, have another double cheeseburger, Lard-Ass.

But failing that, I want him shamed, driven from office in disgrace, and never able to show his face in public again without being vociferously scorned.

For the first time in my life, I hate ... not dislike ... not have policy disagreements with ... but ****ing DESPISE the President of the United States.

:whatever: just another day with the people who tolerate anyone...

Star Member hlthe2b (67,360 posts)

1. I came close with Bush*, (even closer with VP Cheney), but no, I don't think I've hated a President

I'm afraid to even admit to myself how I truly feel about Trump.

:whistling: is the secret service watching?

Star Member Aristus (45,859 posts)

3. Yeah. I hated GWB.

I haven't forgotten what a dolt he was, how ham-fisted and tongue-tied; how provincial and blockheaded. How eager he was to allow truly evil people like Dick Cheney to have free rein over this country. How he willingly allowed 9/11/2001 to be used as a political excuse for visiting all sorts of horrors upon innocent people.

I'll never forgive him for that.

I hated his guts. I still do. I don't care how chummy he and Michelle Obama get; it just proves what a class act she is.

My loathing for Trump does not diminish my hatred for the previous to the manner-born, silver spoon asshole Republican...

:mental:

Star Member LisaM (23,913 posts)

6. Yes, Reagan and Bush*

In some ways, my reaction to Reagan was similar to my reaction to Trump. Reagan creeped me out. His smarmy voice actually made the hair on my arms stand up. I had to leave the room if his voice was on, and his heavily made-up face didn't help when it came to looking at him.

With Bush*, I more hated him for what he did, though he has the kind of personality I try to avoid IRL, too folksy and insincere.

True, Trump kind of takes it to a new level, but the answer is yes, I've hated other presidents. OTOH, I didn't feel that their voters necessarily hated me the way I felt in November 2016 that Trump voters did. I was shocked. My first reaction was, how could anyone hate me (and people who believe what I do) so much that they'd rather vote for this guy than have this country succeed?

O-)

Star Member BigmanPigman (25,701 posts)

9. Yes, all of them.

I HATED Reagun, Bush, Bush 2, and now this ****er. I felt sorry for Nixon when he cried when he resigned, I was only 12. My parents told me I's feel sorry for Hitler. My whole family (4 generations) are Dems and we HATE the GOP.

the party of tolerance and love, everyone...  :loser:

Star Member NRaleighLiberal (47,979 posts)

14. Hated Nixon, really hated Dubya, hate dumpf beyond description

Star Member dameatball (4,459 posts)

16. Strictly in terms of the OP....YES....all of them since Eisenhower.

Star Member The Velveteen Ocelot (70,724 posts)

17. I couldn't abide either Nixon or Reagan, and I disdained Bush II as a sorry dimwit,

but I have to say Trump tops them all by orders of magnitude. I hate him with the fire of a thousand suns and hope I live long enough to do the samba on his grave, even though I consider grave-dancing to be extremely tacky in most cases (I'll also do a little two-step on Cheney if that's possible). Maybe that intensity of loathing is bad for one's karma, not to mention blood pressure, and I realize that we should have compassion for all sentient beings, but he's a real doozy when it comes to the possibility of finding any redeeming value in either his blighted soul or his blubbery orange carcass, other than fertilizer.

:mental: :mental: :mental:

thegoose (2,143 posts)

18. Yeah, Murder Monkey (Shrub) and Darth Cheney

I couldn't believe he was elected when it happened. But of course the Pukes cheated. Then Darth Cheney and the Bolton **** encouraged him to kill thousands of innocent people in a phony war after 9/11, an event that was perpetrated by the Saudis that the Bush Crime Family was in bed with.

But this is even worse. The bloated orange **** is being given carte blanche to do whatever he wants to American citizens. He owes the Russians big time and is drunk with power and hate. God knows what his cowering party of shitbags will let him do. Pootie ****ing approves.

:stoner: :rant: :mad: :censored:

Star Member smirkymonkey (40,638 posts)

20. I thought I hated GWB, but it pales in comparison to how much I hate

this orange shitgibbon.

:whatever:

Star Member bdamomma (50,792 posts)

25. I hate him

and I hope that he pays dearly. He is a vile evil man, plus he is unfit and mentally unwell.

:thatsright:

Yeehah (105 posts)

29. With the exception of Gerald Ford,

I have hated every republican president since Nixon. They have waged war against working people and committed acts of great evil against the people of other nations.

Star Member 50 Shades Of Blue (3,694 posts)

31. I loathed Nixon, Reagan, and GWB with every fiber of my being.

I mean I HATED them. I still do. Trump doesn't make them seem any less loathsome. I considered and still consider them all venal, vile, hypocritical, criminal monsters.

But I don't even know how to characterize how much I loathe Trump.

Star Member GoCubsGo (21,370 posts)

36. Yes. Reagan and both Bushes.

I was only a tween when Nixon was President. I knew he was an awful person, but I was still too young to understand exactly why at that point. I probably would have hated him, as well, if I were old enough to know better. I hate GWB, because his administration is directly responsible for destroying my career, and pretty much ruining my life. I hope that ****er, and everyone associated with him rots in Hell. Which is where his shitbag parents undoubtedly reside, currently, along with Brain-dead Ronnie. **** them all. Trump makes the lot of them look less contemptible, but they are all still vile excuses for human beings.

Star Member JI7 (71,972 posts)

41. yes, I hated W Bush and Trump. was a kid during Reagan

but would have hated him also.

Star Member CrispyQ (25,961 posts)

44. Yes. I hated Bush.

But I never wished him dead like I do the pile of shit in the office right now. Every morning I ask my husband, "Did the ****er die last night?"

dottie66 (56 posts)

54. I do hate Trump and since the election my anxiety and stress levels have gone way up.

Imagine thinking of one of the vilest people on earth every day. That has to do something to your health.

:lmao:

Awsi Dooger (12,787 posts)

57. I despised Reagan, and Bush largely because of Cheney

Reagan was the most dangerous type of Republican because he could pretend he actually cared about everyday Americans, and they were stupid enough to believe it. At that point I thought we might have a string of Republicans out of the same mold, and gobbling up 55% of the presidential vote.

Trump actually had the same potential but he was too stupid and evil to realize it, or care. He's got the same type of celebrity teflon as Reagan.

My hatred of Bush obviously increased based on how he got into office, and then everything to do with Iraq and every word/facial expression from Dick Cheney.

Prior to Trump I hated Cheney more than any politician of my lifetime.

Star Member MaryMagdaline (3,695 posts)

68. God, yes. W. Hated him beyond what I thought I could endure

Not over the Iraq War, torture, the death of innocents, lying us into war. Blatant evil

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline jukin

Re: Have you ever actually hated a sitting US President before?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2019, 09:19:29 PM »
Obama and BJ clinton.  Both however were worthy of it.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2019, 09:41:10 PM »
And we thought the unhinged DUmmy hatred for Bush #43 was bad.  Just wait until 2024, 2028 or 2032 and this particular hate for the next Republican President will exponentially explode.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2019, 08:03:36 AM »
Well, half a kudo to BigPig and several others for their honesty: We hatesss Republicansesss, Precious, we HATES them! Achhh! Sssss! Ssssssss! :tongue:  :lmao:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2019, 08:37:42 AM »
Star Member LisaM (23,913 posts)

6. Yes, Reagan and Bush*

In some ways, my reaction to Reagan was similar to my reaction to Trump. Reagan creeped me out. His smarmy voice actually made the hair on my arms stand up. I had to leave the room if his voice was on, and his heavily made-up face didn't help when it came to looking at him.

With Bush*, I more hated him for what he did, though he has the kind of personality I try to avoid IRL, too folksy and insincere.

True, Trump kind of takes it to a new level, but the answer is yes, I've hated other presidents. OTOH, I didn't feel that their voters necessarily hated me the way I felt in November 2016 that Trump voters did. I was shocked. My first reaction was, how could anyone hate me (and people who believe what I do) so much that they'd rather vote for this guy than have this country succeed?
Record numbers of whites and non-whites employed, record numbers off of food stamps, stock market on the rise, businesses expanding and Co2 levels going down. This is what success is, what we voted for.

Your idea of success is more people dependent on government handouts.

3. Yeah. I hated GWB.

I haven't forgotten what a dolt he was, how ham-fisted and tongue-tied; how provincial and blockheaded.
Provincial? A former president, governor and the son of another president. The pleb DUmmie watches MSNBC and as much of the online articles at the Washington Post they can before hitting the paywall and somehow believes it is a member of the patrician class.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2019, 09:05:45 AM »
Remember DUmmies...

Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline jukin

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2019, 09:09:01 AM »
The DUchebags are incapable of anything but hate.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2019, 09:35:09 AM »

3. Yeah. I hated GWB.

I haven't forgotten what a dolt he was, how ham-fisted and tongue-tied; how provincial and blockheaded.

Yeahhhhh ... why do I suspect GWB spent more time in more states and countries, prior to running for President, than has Star Member Aristus? Or Hillary before Bill and Obama took/sent her around the country and world. Or JEC before he ran for President.

Star Member Aristus is just POed that an R Governor of Texas beat Enviro-Guru AlGore. And then clubbed Kerry like ... taking down Dan Blather in the process.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Will Morningstar

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2019, 01:52:35 PM »
:whatever: just another day with the people who tolerate anyone...

:whistling: is the secret service watching?

O-)

the party of tolerance and love, everyone...  :loser:

:mental: :mental: :mental:

:stoner: :rant: :mad: :censored:

:whatever:

:thatsright:

:lmao:

Don't these people understand they'll never get anywhere by insulting people?

BTW, is "11 Boo" on DU also the infamous undercover Admin Qukid ("The Qu00b") on Discussionist? I thought his DU handle was "pintobean", but some here believe the Quoobster is 11 Boo.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2019, 02:12:12 PM »
What an odd question. It would be easier if the primitives were to ask “Of our political opposition, who have we not hated?”

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2019, 02:51:00 PM »
I didn't hate Bill Clinton nor Barry Soetoro. I hate the leftists that allowed those two assholes to denigrate our country. As for Barry, hanging is too good for his treasonous ass. He needs to be sent to Gitmo and housed with the remaining terrorists that he didn't get to release.

Offline YupItsMe

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2019, 02:01:53 PM »
 Truthfully, I didn't hate Clinton, because as misdirected as his policies were, I don't really think he hated America.  Obama I really feel resented America and wanted to bring us down to the status of his birthplace.   If Obama loved America as much as he loves himself we might be in a good place right now.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2019, 02:23:54 PM »
Of the last two sets of D Presidents and First Ladies, I think Bill was the only one who did/does not hate the US. I think we are fortunate that BHO was almost as indolent as was Bill.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2019, 03:39:53 PM »
I hated obama with a flaming purple passion, however it never controlled my life. :loser: :loser: :loser:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2019, 08:22:15 PM »
Most of the primitives probably remember hating Coolidge
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2019, 09:16:54 PM »
Hate defines a DUmmy. It is 99% of all that they are.
It is such an amazing oxymoron to see a DUmmy saying they never truly hated before.

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2019, 02:30:29 PM »
hate is all they know

Don't these people understand they'll never get anywhere by insulting people?

BTW, is "11 Boo" on DU also the infamous undercover Admin Qukid ("The Qu00b") on Discussionist? I thought his DU handle was "pintobean", but some here believe the Quoobster is 11 Boo.

no, DUmmy "11 bravo" used to be dummy junior's "NavyBrat" and came back under some similar name. DUmmy jr "Qukid" is  DUmmy "pintobean".

Offline sneakypete1

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2019, 08:44:49 PM »
Do the names Bush and Clinton ring any bells?

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2019, 11:13:32 AM »
Obama and BJ clinton.  Both however were worthy of it.

I have lip-curling contempt for both of them.  They did not rate hate.  hiLIARy was closer, but still just contempt.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2019, 01:08:15 PM »
I have lip-curling contempt for both of them.  They did not rate hate.  hiLIARy was closer, but still just contempt.

:hi5: earned and issued. WJC and BHO were terrible Presidents, and HRC was the enabler of the former. None were worth the energy it would take to hate them.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2019, 05:06:40 PM »
What an odd question. It would be easier if the primitives were to ask “Of our political opposition, who have we not hated?”

They HATED McCain when he was running against obozo.  Then they LOVED him when he spoke against President Trump.

Lefty has no values nor morals.  Just agendas.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2019, 05:55:22 PM »
They HATED McCain when he was running against obozo.  Then they LOVED him when he spoke against President Trump.

Lefty has no values nor morals.  Just agendas.

They also loved McCain when he ran in 2000 because he was opposing the Bush family.  Didn't really know much about him until '99, other than being part of the S&L scandal.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline SVPete

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2019, 06:33:19 PM »
Yep, the Proggies loved McCain when he back-stabbed President Bush. Then they hated McCain when he ran against OhBummer!. Then Proggies loved McCain when he was back-stabbing President Trump.

Offline Adam Wood

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2019, 06:46:34 PM »
I can honestly say that I have never hated any President in my lifetime.  Obama was (and still is) a contemptible shitstain, but I don't hate him.  If anything, I pity him at this point, because it's become painfully obvious, even to Democrats, that he's just a complete waste of time: he's doom to anyone running for office if he endorses and/or campaigns for them, he's not nearly the walking, talking ATM machine that W was (and still is, I suppose) for the GOP, his wife is utterly detestable, bitter, angry, and exactly the sort of person that you would avoid like crazy at a dinner party.  But hate?  No.  I reserve actual hatred for people like Osama bin Laden and people like that skidmark who shot up the school in Colorado.

That having been said, I don't like Trump.  There are lots of Presidents and others in high office with whom I would gladly sit down and have a beer, to include, believe it or not, Barack Obama.  I bet that Bill Clinton is a hell of a guy outside of public life.  I would even have a beer with Bernie Sanders. 

Trump is an asshole, plain and simple.  He's thin-skinned and goes nuclear on the slightest of slights. I'm reasonably certain that I will never in my lifetime forgive him for what he did to Raphael Cruz or to Heidi Cruz, both of whom I got to know on the campaign train and both of whom were deeply hurt by Trump's outright lies about them. They are truly good people who did not deserve that, at all.

Trump is not someone I would really want to hang around in my spare time.  But he's doing a hell of a job for what he was elected to do, and that satisfies me just fine.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2019, 06:00:55 PM »
I can honestly say that I have never hated any President in my lifetime.  Obama was (and still is) a contemptible shitstain, but I don't hate him.  If anything, I pity him at this point, because it's become painfully obvious, even to Democrats, that he's just a complete waste of time: he's doom to anyone running for office if he endorses and/or campaigns for them, he's not nearly the walking, talking ATM machine that W was (and still is, I suppose) for the GOP, his wife is utterly detestable, bitter, angry, and exactly the sort of person that you would avoid like crazy at a dinner party.  But hate?  No.  I reserve actual hatred for people like Osama bin Laden and people like that skidmark who shot up the school in Colorado.

That having been said, I don't like Trump.  There are lots of Presidents and others in high office with whom I would gladly sit down and have a beer, to include, believe it or not, Barack Obama.  I bet that Bill Clinton is a hell of a guy outside of public life.  I would even have a beer with Bernie Sanders. 

Trump is an asshole, plain and simple.  He's thin-skinned and goes nuclear on the slightest of slights. I'm reasonably certain that I will never in my lifetime forgive him for what he did to Raphael Cruz or to Heidi Cruz, both of whom I got to know on the campaign train and both of whom were deeply hurt by Trump's outright lies about them. They are truly good people who did not deserve that, at all.

Trump is not someone I would really want to hang around in my spare time.  But he's doing a hell of a job for what he was elected to do, and that satisfies me just fine.

I'm sure President Trump doesn't like you either.   :tongue:

:-)
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi