Author Topic: The incivility is steadily increasing. DUmpmonkiez blame the right.  (Read 721 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Evolve Dammit (387 posts) <----- obvious mole...
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212019162

The incivility is steadily increasing. I have noticed it in traffic, grocery shopping, etc.
The lack of slack for anyone who is in your way, not going fast enough, of other ethnicity, etc. is markedly more obvious than even a few years ago. If I were to go back further in time, the difference is even more pronounced. I remember when people largely obeyed traffic laws and wouldn't think of being uncivil in public (or private). They were also welcoming of persons of other faiths and colors.

Fox news viewers, Limbaugh/ Hannity/ Ingraham listeners will blame Obama and "democrat libruls", while others (like myself) will blame Trump for his rhetoric. So what do we do with that? The 24/7 bashing of anything "librul" on AM radio in the heartland, and Armed Services radio has taken a toll. It's largely all they get. Their side will argue the liberal media is equally biased, now even just "Fake News", and in defiance, go even to even more extreme (InfoWars, Brietbart, Q-Anon, etc.,) much of which is total misinformation and conspiracy-theories.

I am pretty well (and sadly) convinced that we are well into the divide that cannot be bridged. I just do not see how you fix this.
Optimism in rare supply. Sorry. Opinions welcomed.

:thatsright:

Star Member watoos (4,806 posts)

1. If the lack of civility bothers you, that's not the fault of the person being uncivil toward you.

:???:

Evolve Dammit (387 posts)

6. WTF are you talking about? It's OK to be an a-hole, etc.??

:lmao:

Star Member Eliot Rosewater (20,867 posts)

27. What in the hell does THAT mean?

:lol:

Star Member dameatball (4,435 posts)

7. Not incivility towards me, but Monday, 4/15/19, in checkout line at Lowes (deep SW VA)

A smaller, somewhat frail 70ish guy was ahead of me in line. Apparently veterans qualify for some kind of discount and he gave the very polite sales clerk his pertinent information. Said he had served in the Air Force.
She replied "Thank you for your service." Good for her.
He mumbled something and then replied "Not everyone served. A lot of them were border jumpers. They were draft dodgers. We call them border jumpers."
She did not know what to say and concluded his sale.
He continued....."The worst President in the history of this country allowed them to come back in.(pause) That was Carter. Traitor Carter."
The little clerk had no idea what to say. The guy looked sickly and I had no desire to make his existence more miserable. I simply said to the clerk, "Gee, that guy must be fun to be around."

She just laughed and said, "We get a lot of that in here."

The point being: We have no way to change these type of people. Ain't gonna happen. And there are a lot of them.

worst bouncy today. I swear this new DUmpmonkiez don't even try...

Star Member Mariana (8,727 posts)

10. Fox News watchers and RW radio listeners tend to obsess.

I suppose when they listen to that shit all day every day, they get to where they can't think about anything else. With some of them, it's just impossible to have a conversation about anything, without them turning it into Democrat bashing.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

sacto95834 (147 posts)

9. I believe

this all started with Newt Gingrich and his contract on America. We've had differences before, but it seemed when Gingrich came to power he made politics a blood sport. He didn't want his team to say anything good about Democrats.

Star Member Mariana (8,727 posts)

12. You know what's weird?

The first few years after Limbaugh got on the air, my father denounced him as a loon, and wouldn't listen to the show if you paid him. Now, whenever he isn't close to a teevee (watching Fox News, of course) he's listening to Limbaugh or one of his clones. My dad was always somewhat conservative, but he wasn't batshit the way he is now, the way they've made him be.

Liberalhammer (283 posts)

15. Republicans are all Traitors

Conservatives are all traitors.

**** them all!

::)

aeromanKC (919 posts)

24. MAGAt's deserve no civility or respect.

F em!!

:yawn:

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
Re: The incivility is steadily increasing. DUmpmonkiez blame the right.
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2019, 10:00:30 PM »
Damn....so much projection in that thread you could start a 20 screen movieplex with repair parts for life.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2019, 06:10:18 AM »
This is funny coming from a group of people that will disown family and friends over a differing political point of view.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2019, 08:52:29 AM »
Loopy auntie Maxine Waters says hi, DUmmies.  So does Rep. Rashida "M.F." Talib.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender