Author Topic: Can someone please explain . . . .  (Read 2547 times)

Offline CC27

Can someone please explain . . . .
« on: April 17, 2019, 08:05:26 AM »
pdsimdars (5,551 posts)

Can someone please explain . . . .

why the Democrats are not enforcing the law? As far as I've heard the LAW says they "shall" turn the tax retuens over. The law also says that if anyone fails to fulfill the law they are removed from office and face up to 5 years in prison.

They refused to hand them over, so, shouldn't they be fired and put in prison?

This is why Americans are so fed up with government. If I get a speeding ticket, I have to pay. I can't just refuse. And yet, if you are part of the establishment, no matter which side, you can just say, "no!".

The Democrats did not follow up and do the next step of bringing in law ENFORCEMENT, they don't enforce that law but turn and threaten to subpoena something else.

WHY IS THAT? Is no one else curious as to why they don't ENFORCE the law? Hasn't it been a week by now since they refused to turn over the tax returns? And . . . . . .

Or please explain the dividing line as to how high up in government or industry you have to get so that you are no long subject to the law like other people? Where is that dividing line and can someone please define it for the rest of us?

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212017690

Learn how to spell "returns" first then we will talk.

Offline ChuckJ

Re: Can someone please explain . . . .
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2019, 08:13:09 AM »
I find it humorous when the DUmmies and other dems wanting to speak about the law. These are the people who want to call the people who come into the country ILLEGALLY 'undocumented immigrants' instead of 'illegal immigrants' because "they have not broken the law".

The dems are a confused bunch.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2019, 08:39:55 AM »
Congress is not above this law:

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Getting bait for a fishing expedition is not probable cause.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2019, 08:59:32 AM »
Ah, you forget...their reason is "But we don't like him!!"
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2019, 10:10:42 AM »
I find it humorous when the DUmmies and other dems wanting to speak about the law. These are the people who want to call the people who come into the country ILLEGALLY 'undocumented immigrants' instead of 'illegal immigrants' because "they have not broken the law".

The dems are a confused bunch.

The new term being used to describe illegal aliens now is "asylum seekers".  You can put lipstick on a pig......
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2019, 12:51:23 PM »
The new term being used to describe illegal aliens now is "asylum seekers".  You can put lipstick on a pig......

Wall meet Teflon.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2019, 01:23:53 PM »
As far as I've heard the LAW says they "shall" turn the tax retuens over.

Selective hearing, because it isn't the law.  Just because you want it to be true doesn't make it so, DUmmy.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2019, 07:31:41 PM »
Even the President has 4th Amendment rights, in this case they need probable cause to override his right to be secure in his possessions from unreasonable searches 'Except on probable cause.'  The right is the citizen's against ALL branches of government, not just an Article I restraint on the Executive Branch alone.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline jukin

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2019, 08:13:05 PM »
I will Ship the DUmbass a pistol if he will eat it.

I'm a giver.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2019, 10:58:58 AM »
I will Ship the DUmbass a pistol if he will eat it.

I'm a giver.

Tell him that it's a specially designed pot pipe filled with the good stuff that'll blow his mind.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2019, 11:12:48 AM »
Tell him that it's a specially designed pot pipe filled with the good stuff that'll blow his mind.

Speer Gold Dot.  :-)
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2019, 11:32:16 AM »
As far as I understand,they have no rights to his tax returns previous to being a public official save for a select committee in closed session.

Offline YupItsMe

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2019, 05:57:44 PM »
Congress is not above this law:

Getting bait for a fishing expedition is not probable cause.

Thank you SVPete.

This is all about class envy, because the race card is all worn out.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2019, 06:25:59 PM »
This is all about class envy, because the race card is all worn out.

Even the Class Envy card is so well worn that I can't tell if its suit is Spades or Hearts.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.