Author Topic: Starbucks braces itself as Howard Schultz mulls 2020 run, prepares for Democrati  (Read 1880 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Starbucks braces itself as Howard Schultz mulls 2020 run, prepares for Democratic backlash
https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/starbucks-braces-for-backlash-if-howard-schultz-runs

Starbucks executives have been monitoring various activist groups tied to the Democratic Party Opens a New Window.  as the company’s former CEO Howard Schultz Opens a New Window.  moves closer to an independent 2020 presidential run—a move that would likely spark protests and boycotts of the coffee maker, the FOX Business has learned.

Democratic activist groups have already put Starbucks on notice that if Schultz, a long-time liberal Democrat, does indeed run as an independent in 2020, the company could pay a stiff price with many consumers who believe his candidacy will siphon away voters from the Democratic nominee and help Trump win a second term.

Schultz hasn’t decided if he will enter the race, but now that he’s weeks away from any announcement, executives inside his old company are monitoring the social media accounts of activist groups that might lead a boycott, according to people with direct knowledge of the matter.

The left who normally loves Starbucks, but as of late have turned on them.

With Howard Schultz possibly running as Independent, Starbucks will be a target of leftist's rage.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
I refuse to buy anything out of "Charbucks."

I've boycotted those asswipes for years.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline ADsOutburst

I refuse to buy anything out of "Charbucks."

I've boycotted those asswipes for years.
I've often said that the worst thing that could happen to Starbucks is people learning what coffee tastes like.

Offline Muddling 2

I've often said that the worst thing that could happen to Starbucks is people learning what coffee tastes like.
I used to enjoy it, but the price point was a problem.   I've gotten used to brewing my own for so long I'm not likely to go back.

Black Rifle is pretty good.
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Old n Grumpy

Not to worry, the homeless will still be frequent customers. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :-) :-) :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
I used to enjoy it, but the price point was a problem.   I've gotten used to brewing my own for so long I'm not likely to go back.

Black Rifle is pretty good.

Just got 4 more 12-ounce bags of BRC delivered.  Still have to get into the SS blend that I have from the last shipment.  It’s great coffee.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.