Author Topic: It is time to remove Bill Barr from his position.  (Read 1256 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
It is time to remove Bill Barr from his position.
« on: April 11, 2019, 08:14:46 PM »
Tell me again the left isn't fascists...

Star Member UCmeNdc (6,268 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212001631

It is time to remove Bill Barr from his position. He is too corrupt for the position of AG!
Rick Wilson buries Bill Barr’s ‘dangerous’ testimony: He’s dedicating himself ‘to the service of evil’

Longtime Republican strategist Rick Wilson has written a scathing column in The Daily Beast ripping apart Attorney General Bill Barr for his Senate testimony where he said that the Trump campaign had been “spied” upon without citing any evidence to back up his claim.

Wilson takes Barr to task for transforming from a civil servant into a stooge for an authoritarian president — or as Wilson puts it, Barr has joined a long list of historical figures who began as “competent people” before being “given over to the service of evil.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/04/rick-wilson-buries-bill-barrs-dangerous-testimony-hes-dedicating-service-evil/

Why bother with trials? Let's just shoot all those who disagree with the leftist thought!

onenote (32,254 posts)

1. And how do you propose to do that?

appal_jack (3,716 posts)

9. Impeachment

Impeachment is well within Congress' powers and in fact duties when someone as criminal as Barr heads an agency as important as DOJ.

-app

:thatsright:

Star Member drray23 (3,104 posts)

19. Impeachment does not remove anybody.

You also need conviction by the Senate. I doubt the repubs would vote to convict him after they just confirmed him

O-)

appal_jack (3,716 posts)

22. You both are missing the point.

Barr kept the Mueller report confidential and put-out his own "summary" (not) in order to frame the narrative. Why are Democrats waiting for their opponents to define the issues?

Barr has obstructed justice. Barr has served as personal lawyer to Criminal Trump, being paid with our tax dollars. Democrats could bring charges, hold weeks of hearings, and eviscerate Barr and everything he has touched. Yet, instead, we jump straight to Republican opposition, and again let them frame the debate.

I'll tell you, a well run impeachment hearing against Barr at this stage could and should make him so radioactive that Trump tries to fire him in the next step of the ongoing coverup.

-app

so... just smear the man into being an unperson?

duforsure (5,938 posts)

2. I agree

He's sided with Putin and trump, and against the rule of law altogether, and protecting the criminals.He should be behind Barrs. A corrupt AG has no place in OUR government.

:mental:

ananda (19,584 posts)

5. Agree! Also ... this can be said of nearly every Reep official associated
with MF45 !!!

:o    :mental: :mental: :mental:

DirtEdonE (1,097 posts)

13. Nothing ventured nothing gained

Turn the tables. The repubicans would have this guy charged and impeached in about 24 hours whether they had the votes in the Senate or not - just to send the message and get the photos and videos of them looking solemn, carrying their brief cases full of evidence like the did when they impeached President Clinton, knowing it wouldn't make it through the Senate.

It's about controlling the news cycle and the dialogue. "We don't have the votes" is the slogan of losers. repubicans don't give a damn about votes, the rule of law or anything else. They get their images and their message out there in the nastiest way possible. Time to fight fire with fire. Or we could just sit on our hands and wait until we have the votes like the repubicans - not.

:whatever:

DirtEdonE (1,097 posts)

20. My experience is of little consequence

But FYI I've been watching this ridiculous show since about Eisenhower and the long range effects of allowing repubicans to write, enforce and adjudicate the laws is apparent in the reagan, bushx2 and now trump fiasco.

They win because they're not afraid to take on short term divisive positions. They just keep kicking the can down the road and it's worked since reagan. While we're wasting our time looking for just the right strategies.

And losing.

My experience in long range effects. pfttt.

I had professors who used that tactic. It didn't work then either. Take my advice or don't. Get back to me in 2020 when the results are in and we're still looking for the right message.

... since 1952? How ****ing old are you? You act like you are a freshman in college! (18ish) with your pitiful REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE about FEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSSSS

:whatever:

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

Re: It is time to remove Bill Barr from his position.
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2019, 08:25:37 AM »

It is time to remove Bill Barr from his position. He is too corrupt for the position of AG!
Rick Wilson buries Bill Barr’s ‘dangerous’ testimony: He’s dedicating himself ‘to the service of evil’

Great! Just how do you propose to do that?

Proggies are obsessing about Barr using the S-Word, "Spying", which is a known fact. It happened. What Proggies should worry about is what Barr will find as he investigates whether the spying/surveiling/wire-taps/planted operatives/coat-trailing were legal.

BTW, I happened to see bits of "Morning Joe" when I was at the gym this morning. What was this guy doing on the show?

He wasn't wearing a mask or super-suit, but I still recognized him. :lmao:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2019, 08:36:54 AM »
If they try that, then guess what happens.

1. Most people will (rightly) come to the conclusion that they are hiding something that they don't want Barr to uncover.

2. They will also seem petty and desperate.

3. Possible obstruction of justice charges against them. If you loons have been (wrongly) saying Trump obstructed justice by firing Comey, then why isn't trying to remove Barr when he's in the middle of an investigation also obstruction? Yeah I know, logic and DUmmies are about as far apart as east and west and all that, but still... Many people will see the parallels, which goes back to point 1.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2019, 08:37:06 AM »
Dems agree with this:

Longtime Republican strategist Rick Wilson has written a scathing column in The Daily Beast ripping apart Attorney General Bill Barr for his Senate testimony where he said that the Trump campaign had been “spied” upon without citing any evidence to back up his claim.

And also this:
duforsure (5,938 posts)

2. I agree

He's sided with Putin and trump, and against the rule of law altogether, and protecting the criminals.He should be behind Barrs. A corrupt AG has no place in OUR government.
DUmmies: Having no evidence is a concern in the former, having no evidence in the latter...meh.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline jukin

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2019, 05:27:17 PM »
My name is UCmeNdc and I just pulled this nice greasy turd from my asshole and it taste delicious.  I is smart because I literally eat my own shit and post on the DUmp.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2019, 01:11:57 PM »

Why?  What happened?  Was he held in contempt of congress? 

Oh wait, that was obama's "wingman", AG eric "my people" holder...
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline GOP Congress

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2019, 01:19:29 PM »
I got an idea! How about waiting to look at the Mueller report and confirm what Barr is saying? Even among the redactions, there should be sufficient evidence to back what he's saying.
"The main purpose of the Democrat Party and the Left is to destroy the United States, transform Western Civilization to a tribal-based dystopia, and to ultimately kill all conservatives and non progressives." - Jonah Kyle

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2019, 01:30:16 PM »
I got an idea! How about waiting to look at the Mueller report and confirm what Barr is saying? Even among the redactions, there should be sufficient evidence to back what he's saying.

That'll be Thursday. A timing that means it'll be in the news well in time for Friday and weekend reporting and opining. Unlike Clinton's patented Friday evening docu-dumps.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.