Author Topic: the primitives, one year ago  (Read 2596 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
the primitives, one year ago
« on: April 11, 2019, 04:37:21 PM »
https://upload.democraticunderground.com/100210609275

Oh my.

Heartstrings (4,184 posts)     Sun May 13, 2018, 05:55 AM

Michael Avenatti for the win....again!

after which an image of the attorney advising President Trump to "come clean"

longship (40,416 posts)      Sun May 13, 2018, 06:45 AM

1. Man! That guy is smart!

He knows how to play the game. And he's thinking many, many plays ahead.

My advice... never, ever play chess against Michael Avenatti.

trickyguy (623 posts)         Sun May 13, 2018, 07:18 AM

3. Michael is way ahead in this game and I think he's going to be the guy who says "Checkmate".

I think he knows just how to work those pawns and he's taking over the board from the Muller investigation. Or maybe it will be a draw.

KY_EnviroGuy (4,988 posts)      Sun May 13, 2018, 07:48 AM

5. I fear Avenatti may be playing a dangerous game.

I may be odd-man out here, but it seems reckless to suggest that evidence in a crime should see daylight in the media prior to an investigation by professional investigators, detectives and police is even initially complete. That is what is inferred in Avenatti's statement.

Part of the process of having effective grand juries, for example, is that process of keeping evidence and testimony private so that suspects that are a party to the crime are not alerted to the process prior to their being indicted. This is how Mr. Mueller is conducting his investigation, and the ability to keep his cards in his vest pocket has been amazing.

In the last year or so especially, I'm seeing a lot of very loose talk in the public sphere regarding many aspects of the law, and some of the legal experts I follow are concerned that is trend could undermine our system of justice. Other good examples are the claims that tRump has committed treason and that he should be impeached. Those two charges in particular are never to be taken lightly and are part of our protections from the very worst crimes against our nation.

Crimes need to be processed using the proven, logical methods by investigators and then executed in courts, and not sensationalized in public media.

Roy Rolling (3,396 posts)     Sun May 13, 2018, 08:29 AM

7. Point Taken, But...

I think his main point is for witnesses/criminals to turn state's evidence before another criminal/witness rats on them.

It is a call for repentance, before there is no choice but face maximum prosecution. And the faith I have to go along with that is Robert Mueller already knows who those people are.

KY_EnviroGuy (4,988 posts)      Sun May 13, 2018, 08:48 AM

8. I hope you're right, but the main point is...

It's the job of prosecutors to pressure witnesses/criminals to turn state's evidence, not an attorney in public media.

That said, however, if an attorney feels the prosecutor is not doing their job for his/her client (or is compromised), then going public may be the only alternative to arrive at justice.

My main concern is that Robert Mueller's investigation in not compromised in any fashion by leaks of key evidence that could possibly prevent tRump and his gang of mobsters from seeing proper justice. Some experts are saying this will be the most complex investigation in our history.

oberliner (58,724 posts)      Sun May 13, 2018, 08:49 AM

9. He is harming Mueller's investigation and should get off the TV

His one and only concern is making money for himself.

^^^the primitive who was recently tombstoned for making sense.

90-percent (6,298 posts)      Sun May 13, 2018, 09:30 AM

12. I'm incorrect on this, but there's few elected officials that come close to Avenatti's crystal clear fact based public statement's.

We had this quality in Al Franken, an intelligent, well informed dogged thorough guy that did his homework. My opinion is that he was politically assassinated by Democratic rivals that want to eliminate any other Dem that would be a more electable choice to be President. and finally get to work unraveling the forty plus years of legal political bribery.

If establishment Republicans are eleven on the treacherous treasonous scale, the totality of establishment Dems average about a six, in my harsh judgmental opinion.

Al's demise was classic Atwater/Rove/Stone rat****ing of the first order. Why should Republicans deviate from the Charlie Brown Lucy football playbook when it's been proven over four decades to be effective and immediate?

-90% Jimmy

PS - Al had the best sense of humor in the Senate heads and shoulders above the rest of the pack. That powerful attribute is lacking in most of our Federal elected officials. (Although that gun nut waving a rifle at his daughters BF was high performance art)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 04:45:56 PM by franksolich »
apres moi, le deluge

Offline SVPete

Re: the primitives, one year ago
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2019, 05:11:41 PM »
KY_EnviroGuy (4,988 posts)      Sun May 13, 2018, 07:48 AM

5. I fear Avenatti may be playing a dangerous game.

I may be odd-man out here, but it seems reckless to suggest that evidence in a crime should see daylight in the media prior to an investigation by professional investigators, detectives and police is even initially complete. That is what is inferred in Avenatti's statement.

Well somebody foresaw a little of Avenutti's peril:

Avenatti Indicted on 36 Counts for Tax Fraud, Embezzlement, Defrauding Paraplegic Client

Michael Avenatti, the lawyer who represented Stormy Daniels in her suit against Donald Trump, was indicted on 36 counts of tax fraud, bribery, and embezzlement.

One of the accusations against Avenatti alleges he hid $4 million of settlement money from a mentally ill, paraplegic client, Geoffrey Ernest Johnson.

Ladies and gentlemen, the next Democratic Party nominee for president of the United States.

Any recent word from that aging pole dancer?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2019, 05:16:28 PM »
Well somebody foresaw a little of Avenutti's peril:

Avenatti Indicted on 36 Counts for Tax Fraud, Embezzlement, Defrauding Paraplegic Client

Any recent word from that aging pole dancer?
I think they prefer pole slider
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2019, 06:53:50 PM »
knew something was wrong with this guy when I saw the dummies gushing over him - from another dump thread a few months later:

lunatica (40,794 posts)
1. I hope Avenatti makes Trump's brain explode constantly.

:rotf:

Idiot Christine:

Response to pbmus (Original post)
Sun Oct 7, 2018, 05:56 PM
 malaise (187,955 posts)
4. Go Michael!

Rec!

watoos (4,679 posts)
10. Go get em Michael.

I keep repeating this because it is important, Avenatti has the ability to change the right wing narrative. Taking down Avenatti is one of the right's major goals right now. We must not let them. We need to shout it out that we have Avenatti's back. Shine the light on all of the cockroaches Michael.

https://democraticunderground.com/100211251759

they're all the same

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2019, 04:52:59 AM »
I heard on the news he is facing a possible 335 years, that will put off his run for the white house till 2355. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Maybe by then stormy will have done enough lap dances to payoff  her bill for suing Trump!! :-) :lmao: :lmao: :rotf: :rotf:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2019, 08:53:25 AM »
oberliner (58,724 posts)      Sun May 13, 2018, 08:49 AM

9. He is harming Mueller's investigation and should get off the TV

His one and only concern is making money for himself.

^^^the primitive who was recently tombstoned for making sense.
Is there anyone left there who is not completely insane?
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2019, 09:04:00 AM »
oberliner got the granite pizza? Damn! brooklynite better take warning! Were I to make a list of DU-members least likely to make DOTY, oberliner and brooklynite would be at/near the top of the list.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2019, 04:01:00 PM »
Anyone else think "KY_EnviroGuy"'s screen name doesn't stand for Kentucky, but his favorite gel?
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline hillneck

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2019, 04:31:12 PM »
Didn't the DUmmies, maybe the media, hint around for this idiot to run for President?
In battle you have to show no mercy for mercy comes after the war when you still have the freedom to ask for it.

"Montani Semper Liberi"

Pray as if God will take care of all; act as if all is up to you.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2019, 06:45:02 PM »
How did that work out?  :lmao:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2019, 04:06:17 AM »
Anyone else think "KY_EnviroGuy"'s screen name doesn't stand for Kentucky, but his favorite gel?

In a new, enviro-friendly formulation! :whistling: :tongue:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.