Author Topic: primitives discuss the Democrat, primitive, demographics  (Read 915 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
primitives discuss the Democrat, primitive, demographics
« on: April 10, 2019, 04:35:05 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/128762387

Oh my.

ehrnst (18,722 posts)     Wed Apr 10, 2019, 01:14 PM

The Democratic Electorate on Twitter Is Not the Actual Democratic Electorate

A detailed look at the voters with the numbers to decide the 2020 Democratic nominee.

The outspoken group of Democratic-leaning voters on social media is outnumbered, roughly 2 to 1, by the more moderate, more diverse and less educated group of Democrats who typically don’t post political content online, according to data from the Hidden Tribes Project. This latter group has the numbers to decide the Democratic presidential nomination in favor of a relatively moderate establishment favorite, as it has often done in the past.

The relative moderation of Democrats who are not sharing their political thoughts on social media, and therefore of Democrats as a whole, makes it less surprising that Virginia Democrats tolerated Mr. Northam’s yearbook page. It makes it easier to imagine how Joe Biden might not merely survive questions about whether he touched women in ways that made them feel uncomfortable, but might even emerge essentially unscathed.

It also helps explain why recent polls show that a majority of Democrats would rather see the party become more moderate than move leftward, even as progressives for a Green New Deal or Medicare for all.

The Hidden Tribes Project, conducted by More in Common, is a nonpartisan representative YouGov survey of 8,000 Americans that divided respondents into different groups, or “tribes,” based on their responses to dozens of questions. The characteristics of these groups help make sense of the different ways Democrats have run and won primary elections.

In reality, the Democratic electorate is both ideologically and demographically diverse. Over all, around half of Democratic-leaning voters consider themselves “moderate” or “conservative,” not liberal. Around 40 percent are not white.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/04/08/upshot/democratic-electorate-twitter-real-life.html

Cuthbert Allgood (1,816 posts)      Wed Apr 10, 2019, 01:21 PM

2. Wonder how that compares to DU?

I think we are probably above the percentage for college degree.

Not sure on the race, but I would guess we are more white than the general population of Dems.

^^^that the primitives are more white is indisputable, but I doubt they're higher educated.

WhiskeyGrinder (4,829 posts)      Wed Apr 10, 2019, 02:08 PM

8. DU trends old and white.

^^^which makes the 50-something MrsCorpio primitive an outlier on Skins's island.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Old n Grumpy

Re: primitives discuss the Democrat, primitive, demographics
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 05:31:43 PM »
WhiskeyGrinder (4,829 posts)      Wed Apr 10, 2019, 02:08 PM

8. DU trends old and white
Filled with hate and totally f**king STUPID. :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Delmar

Re: primitives discuss the Democrat, primitive, demographics
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2019, 06:38:33 PM »
Name removed Message auto-removed                Response to Cuthbert Allgood (Reply #2)

Response to Post removed (Reply #7)Wed Apr 10, 2019, 02:19 PM
stonecutter357 (9,744 posts)
9. Nancy Pelosi is a national treasure !

My guess is that the removed post had something to do with Stretch Pelosi being old and white.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden