Author Topic: When do we riot?  (Read 5576 times)

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
When do we riot?
« on: April 08, 2019, 09:36:04 AM »
Because kid's say the darndest things

Mon Apr 8, 2019, 09:20 AM

Star Member pnwest (1,488 posts)

When do we riot?

When do we start rioting in the streets? At what point have we had e****ingnuff of this dictator? When do we wake up and acknowledge the slo-mo coup that’s taking place right in front of our faces? I’m ready. We’ve waited too long for Dems to act, waited for the Mueller report to bring about the beginning of his end, and THATS even being corrupted and covered up. IMHO we have passed the point of waiting politely (as Democrats are wont to do), and have arrived at civil disobedience and / or rioting.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100211993612

DUmmy pnwest (14,88 posts) gets my vote for Bad Ass DUmmy of the day.

Response to MineralMan (Reply #2)

Mon Apr 8, 2019, 09:47 AM

Star Member Ninga (6,393 posts)

8. I back away from the "riot" word, and substitute "demonstrate". I demonstrated in the

streets many times to protest the Vietnam War. Perhaps if Democrats and people of good will
had demonstrated against the Supremes stopping the 2000 Florida recount we might have been able to save lives from being lost in Iraq.

I firmly believe that the GOP exactly knows the reaction of Democrats and people of good will and they count on it.

:p :p :p :p

The dazzling young brooklynite chimes in...

Response to pnwest (Original post)

Mon Apr 8, 2019, 09:37 AM

Star Member brooklynite (50,176 posts)

4. Never: it's not the way people protest in this country.

Always fun when someone tells everyone ELSE what they should do.

What do you mean "WE"?

Response to brooklynite (Reply #4)

Mon Apr 8, 2019, 10:03 AM

Star Member Paladin (19,399 posts)

18. Bullshit.

Nation-wide protests were instrumental in bringing the Vietnam debacle to an end. When it gets down to it, nothing takes the place of enraged people in the streets. If trump tries to restrict a free press any further, I say we hit the pavement by the millions. We're overdue for such a response against this madman.

We need more protest songs on the Hit Parade

Response to pnwest (Original post)

Mon Apr 8, 2019, 10:17 AM

sarisataka (9,569 posts)

24. You say you are ready...

So be a leader and go.
Or is posting on line the limit and rioting not really your thing.

Just as soon as he/she/it finds the remote.

:stoner: :stoner: :stoner: :stoner:

« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 07:37:22 PM by fatboy »
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
Re: When do we riot?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 09:44:31 AM »
Yes, PLEASE take to the streets and throw a big baby tantrum....because your side lost an election.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2019, 09:48:53 AM »
We need more protest songs on the Hit Parade

Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2019, 09:51:44 AM »
Yes, PLEASE take to the streets and throw a big baby tantrum....because your side lost an election.

The irony of them calling a duly-elected President to actually PRESIDE as being a coup as opposed to those who are attempting to UNDO a proper election.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Online 67 Rover

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2019, 10:12:36 AM »
Spring is definitely on the way, the peepers are out, birds chirping and DUmmies are just now starting to emerge from moms basement.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2019, 10:45:11 AM »
Spring is definitely on the way, the peepers are out, birds chirping and DUmmies are just now starting to emerge from moms basement.

In their responses in that thread, the primitives show their ages.

I'm pretty sure that have participated in a demonstration against the war in Vietnam would put someone in their late 60s, early 70s, at least.

There were perhaps a few younger than that, but not many.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2019, 10:48:17 AM »

and also because the Mueller report didn't turn out the way you wanted it to...
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2019, 11:56:57 AM »

When do we riot?

When do we start rioting in the streets? At what point have we had e****ingnuff of this dictator? When do we wake up and acknowledge the slo-mo coup that’s taking place right in front of our faces? I’m ready. We’ve waited too long for Dems to act, waited for the Mueller report to bring about the beginning of his end, and THATS even being corrupted and covered up. IMHO we have passed the point of waiting politely (as Democrats are wont to do), and have arrived at civil disobedience and / or rioting.

Go for it Armchair Warrior! You can choose a safe city like SF or Berserkeley or Portland where you can get away with it but boost that city's reputation for lunacy, or you can choose a city that gets some respect and risk the police knocking your heads (or at least hauling you off the streets and behind bars for a few hours).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2019, 01:36:42 PM »
Go for it Armchair Warrior! You can choose a safe city like SF or Berserkeley or Portland where you can get away with it but boost that city's reputation for lunacy, or you can choose a city that gets some respect and risk the police knocking your heads (or at least hauling you off the streets and behind bars for a few hours).

Better yet, do it in a small town, where the townspeople are more likely to “frown on” any sort of demonstration . . . :whistling:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline jukin

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2019, 08:29:49 PM »
Just got a new bipod.  I can wait for hours for the riot.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2019, 07:39:15 AM »
Just got a new bipod.  I can wait for hours for the riot.

They keep promising, but no action. What a disapointment! :thatsright: :-) :-) :-)
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Karin

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2019, 09:56:08 PM »
Star Member Clarity2 (888 posts)

32. Which is why

an economic boycott is the only thing that will work. Grab your wallet. Only necessities. Money talks as far as republicans, koch bros and other big money donors. Its all they care about. Stats show it works better than protest. Getting everyone on board is another story.

Bonx (1,499 posts)

43. Not One Damn Dime Day!

:lmao: :rotf:

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2019, 12:44:51 AM »

When do we riot?

My guess would be 'Never.'  Your love of being layabouts that talk big on a keyboard combined with your dependence on various government teats, will see to that.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2019, 10:42:21 AM »
Star Member Clarity2 (888 posts)

32. Which is why

an economic boycott is the only thing that will work. Grab your wallet. Only necessities. Money talks as far as republicans, koch bros and other big money donors. Its all they care about. Stats show it works better than protest. Getting everyone on board is another story.

Bonx (1,499 posts)

43. Not One Damn Dime Day!

:rotf: Boycott Chick-fil-A! :rotf:

:rotf: Boycott Hobby Lobby! :rotf:

:rotf: Boycott Walmart! :rotf:

:rotf:  :rotf:  :rotf:  :rotf:  :rotf:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2019, 10:58:11 AM »

:rotf: Boycott Chick-fil-A! :rotf:

:rotf: Boycott Hobby Lobby! :rotf:

:rotf: Boycott Walmart! :rotf:

:rotf:  :rotf:  :rotf:  :rotf:  :rotf:

Online 67 Rover

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2019, 11:02:52 AM »

I would not be so sure about that, I went by Chick-fil-A on Sunday and it looked closed. :rofl:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline SVPete

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2019, 02:01:36 PM »

I think the direction of the effect is reversed. In the cases of both CfA and HL the Prog boycotts increased our interest in those companies' stores, and once we tried them they earned our repeat business. I'm sure we're far from alone.

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2019, 03:55:14 PM »
I had never been to Chick-fil-it until the progs started bitching about them. Great food, ask me how I know.
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2019, 04:11:37 PM »
I had never been to Chick-fil-it until the progs started bitching about them. Great food, ask me how I know.
Try the dwarf house originals in Atlanta. They make a great hotbrown
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Muddling 2

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2019, 04:22:39 PM »
Try the dwarf house originals in Atlanta. They make a great hotbrown

Mmmmmmmm.......HotBrown platter.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 04:24:45 PM by Muddling 2 »
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2019, 07:22:46 PM »
Because kid's say the darndest things

Damn FatBoy... I actually know where that saying came from.    :cheersmate:

*** gets dejected cause I am so old and kicks the dog on the way out the door***

:bawl:

Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline SVPete

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2019, 08:02:31 PM »
Damn FatBoy... I actually know where that saying came from.    :cheersmate:

*** gets dejected cause I am so old and kicks the dog on the way out the door***

:bawl:

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2019, 09:36:39 PM »
The DUmbass is asking when do they riot. How about any time a Conservative is speaking at a college? The left does its rioting, displaying fascism in the name of anti-fascism, every time this happens.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2019, 10:13:14 PM »

When do we riot?

Inciting a riot is illegal I am pretty sure.

18 U.S. Code § 2102. Definitions
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2102

18 U.S. Code § 2101. Riots
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2101
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2019, 12:51:46 AM »
> Star Member pnwest (1,488 posts) When do we riot?

May I suggest you first wipe the Jism from your chin and Brillo your nether crannys before stinking up the public square?

Oh, and bring your own beverage and defense of choice.