Author Topic: When the Rethugs create rules to try to hamstring Democrats, Democrats  (Read 1053 times)

Offline CC27

Star Member avebury (9,530 posts)

When the Rethugs create rules to try to hamstring Democrats, Democrats

need to start figuring out ways to turn the rules around to their benifit.

As an example, visiting detention facilities. It appears that these facilities have a set number of days notice that has to be given before a Democrat can visit. This was an idea that I thought of while walking my dog this morning.

A Democrat staffer needs to contact each facility in writing to learn the required notification period for that facility and obtain the email address where such notifications need to go.

Then the staffer needs to develop a mass email list of where the notifications should go.

Then the staffer needs to develop a template that could be used for all the facilities with one email.

On a daily basis, the staffer could submit written notification of the Congressperson's or Senator's intent to visit. That notification needs to be sent out every single day, consistently. Once you are passed the required notification time period, as long as you maintain a rolling notification program, the member of Congress would be free to visit any of the facilities at a date of his/her choosing as a facility would be on perpetual notification of said visit.

Now, if you could get every Democrat Rep's or Senator's office to participate, it would drive the other side totally nuts. They would never know who or where someone would show up. That is the bonus effect.

When a member of Congress shows up at a site, he/she pulls out a copy of the email stating the notification period and a copy of the email that matches x number of day prior to the visit. The Congressperson would have met the notification requirement while, at the same time, being able to have total control of where and when they go.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100211993504

Yikes.

Offline SVPete

Ummmmm ... the "rules" of which the DU-moron complains affect Rs and Ds alike. And it does not take an 8th grade education to figure out why a detention facility cannot accommodate a 10-20 person entourage (gotta have MSM "reporters!) waltzing in unannounced.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Ummmmm ... the "rules" of which the DU-moron complains affect Rs and Ds alike. And it does not take an 8th grade education to figure out why a detention facility cannot accommodate a 10-20 person entourage (gotta have MSM "reporters!) waltzing in unannounced.

Actually, the rules apply to Democrats because there aren't many Republicans with relatives and friends in prison.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Delmar

Response to avebury (Original post)Mon Apr 8, 2019, 08:32 AM
pdsimdars (5,480 posts)
5. Brilliant idea. I sent it to Pelosi, DNC, CNN and MSNBC
:rofl:
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
Rules like the Electoral College, which the DUmmies want to abolish so that they "rule" forever?

:bird:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.