Author Topic: widder (as in "widow") Nan appalled  (Read 2308 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
widder (as in "widow") Nan appalled
« on: April 04, 2019, 09:44:39 AM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100211984134

Oh my.

NanceGreggs (24,492 posts)     Thu Apr 4, 2019, 04:02 AM

Guess what, folks?

All kinds of people are “made uncomfortable” every day, and by all kinds of things – and not everyone feels the need to make an issue of it, or have an attitude that the world at large owes them whatever degree of “comfort” they somehow think they’re entitled to.

I am appalled that “he made me feel uncomfortable” is even being discussed as some kind of serious breach of human behaviour that needs to be addressed – by Biden, or anyone else.

“He sniffed my hair”, “he touched my waist”, “he put his hand on my shoulder without permission” – is this really what we should be concerning ourselves with? Is this where we’re at as a nation, a place where any individual’s “discomfort” is an earth-shattering issue that requires immediate action, and a complete overhaul of how we interact with each other on a daily basis?

What I see happening right now is a ridiculous conflation of unwanted sexual aggression and day-to-day human contact that most people do not find objectionable, no less worthy of comment.

Have these women who have come forward to accuse Biden of making them “feel uncomfortable” ever been in a crowded subway car, or a packed elevator, or a long line at the grocery check-out? If they have, surely they’ve experienced “being made uncomfortable” in those situations – so should we act on their discomfort by insisting that those who made them “uncomfortable” in those circumstances apologize for their participation in doing so, and ignore the fact that those people had no intention of making anyone “uncomfortable” to begin with?

Enough is enough – and promoting the idea that every man and woman in the country has a responsibility to ensure that every individual’s right to be “comfortable” at all times is beyond ridiculous.

When “he sniffed my hair” is proffered as a disqualifier for running for the presidency, we have clearly lost sight of what is important – and it is particularly suspect when people who are suddenly coming forward with such accusations are doing so years after the alleged “inappropriate behaviour” occurred, but oh-so-conveniently just in time to undermine a potential presidential candidate’s run for office.

The cry of “I believe the accusers” should require something more than a simple declaration of belief. It should require facts, not innuendo. It should require a complete scrutiny of circumstances, and not a blind acceptance that people who were “made to feel uncomfortable” should be taken at their word alone.

It should require that anyone’s claims to being “uncomfortable” is not something by which we judge the actions of anyone, and determine that the “discomfort” of others is a legitimate yardstick by which we measure the worth of any potential candidate.

As many here have already pointed out, always believe the woman is no different than always believe the man. Both positions are invitations to ignore the facts in furtherance of embracing non-facts.

There are women who have been violently raped, women who have been traumatized by sexual molestation, women whose lives have been forever negatively impacted by the actions of sexual predators. To proffer ”I was made to feel uncomfortable” as equivalent to their experiences is to diminish what they have lived through, and what they have struggled to survive.

I am fully aware that this OP will lead to accusations that I just don’t get it – and that’s fine. After reading all of the posts about how ”he sniffed my hair” (apparently accepted as the truth without question) traumatized those women who had the "courage to come forward" years after-the-alleged-fact, I am questioning my being here in the first place.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
Re: widder (as in "widow") Nan appalled
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 09:55:38 AM »
The cry of “I believe the accusers” should require something more than a simple declaration of belief. It should require facts, not innuendo. It should require a complete scrutiny of circumstances, and not a blind acceptance that people who were “made to feel uncomfortable” should be taken at their word alone.

Two words for you, DUmmy...Brett Kavanaugh
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 10:13:55 AM »
It is amazing how their opinions change when the attacks they used against anyone on the right are starting to be used against people on their side.

The 2020 democrat primaries are going to be fun if they continue to turn on their own. 
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Muddling 2

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2019, 10:17:26 AM »
I posted this at DU jr.:

The ironic thing about the "Widder Nance's" polemic is that the same party that's been bitching about "microaggessions" and claiming that it's okay to riot on a college campus to prevent a speaker from appearing because "someone doesn't feel safe" suddenly are all "concerned" that Biden is being unfairly lumped in with other Democrat Party sexual predators such as Harvey Weinstein, Roman Polanski and Bill Clinton.
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Muddling 2

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2019, 10:20:13 AM »
"Thread Locked".

:-)
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2019, 10:23:39 AM »
"Thread Locked".

ERROR. DISSENTER DETECTED! ERROR!!

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2019, 10:40:07 AM »
Quote from:
NanceGreggs

“He sniffed my hair”, “he touched my waist”, “he put his hand on my shoulder without permission” – is this really what we should be concerning ourselves with? Is this where we’re at as a nation, a place where any individual’s “discomfort” is an earth-shattering issue that requires immediate action, and a complete overhaul of how we interact with each other on a daily basis?

Let's see: Yes and Yes. Brought to you by the political left of the USA.
You have no one to blame but yourselves.

dead JeffR <---------- the lucky one

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2019, 10:44:54 AM »
ERROR. DISSENTER DETECTED! ERROR!!

Nah. Widder Nan was just too dumb to post in the correct forum.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2019, 11:53:55 AM »
NanceGreggs (24,492 posts)     Thu Apr 4, 2019, 04:02 AM

Guess what, folks?

All kinds of people are “made uncomfortable” every day, and by all kinds of things – and not everyone feels the need to make an issue of it, or have an attitude that the world at large owes them whatever degree of “comfort” they somehow think they’re entitled to.

I am appalled that “he made me feel uncomfortable” is even being discussed as some kind of serious breach of human behaviour that needs to be addressed – by Biden, or anyone else.

The women you mock, NG, are all democrats. So have at it! Teach them what happens when they tell a truth Progs don't want heard.

Nance probably never had guys wanting to stick their noses in her hair because they didn't want to risk getting fleas.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2019, 11:56:12 AM »
"Thread Locked".

Ruh-roh raggy! Does this mean Joe's out is the new D Party and therefore DU party line? To quote Tess, :rotf: .
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2019, 03:28:57 PM »
You get whatever we give.
A-10 is one.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2019, 04:35:50 PM »
Two words for you, DUmmy...Brett Kavanaugh
Or any white straight college male who found himself in college (kangaroo) court for the last 10+ years.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Ogre

• What Cat?
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2019, 06:06:43 PM »
This is too good, the left is shocked and trying to deflect the monster they willing created, in an effort to prevent it from destroying them all.  What a bunch of dumb-asses, we tried to warn them but they wouldn't listen. 

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
"Don't argue about difficulties. The difficulties will argue for themselves."  - Winston Churchill

"Get some lumber, build a bridge, and get the hell over it" - Unknown

Offline Muddling 2

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2019, 06:41:34 PM »
Or any white straight college male who found himself in college (kangaroo) court for the last 10+ years.

Yup.  And former VP Biden was a big fan of those kangaroo courts.
Robert A. Heinlein