Author Topic: Racists want white only media!  (Read 1567 times)

Offline ChuckJ

Racists want white only media!
« on: March 28, 2019, 01:50:56 PM »
I want the DUmmie’s opinion on the group only allowing white media members to attend their meeting concerning candidates for mayor in Savannah. Surely they must be racist. Surely there must be outrage.

Wait a minute... I just looked at the article again. I had my colors wrong so I guess it’s all okay.

http://wjcl.com/article/community-meeting-aims-to-choose-one-african-american-mayoral-candidate/26951004?src=app
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline SVPete

Re: Racists want white only media!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 02:05:51 PM »
Was the answer to the title question anywhere in that article?

Here's another article about that meeting:

Only black reporters allowed in Georgia mayoral race event

SAVANNAH, Ga. | Race was front and center on Wednesday night during a meeting coordinated to garner support for just one black candidate in Savannah’s mayoral election.

With signs stating “Black press only” on the doors of the church where the meeting was held, white reporters were barred from entry, while black reporters for at least two television stations were permitted inside.

The event was coordinated by the Rev. Clarence Teddy Williams, owner of the consulting firm, The Trigon Group, who declined to discuss the entry policy.

Former Savannah Mayor Edna Jackson declined to comment before going inside, as did Chatham County Commissioner Chester Ellis.
Savannah Alderman Estella Shabazz, who also attended, said that she had once owned a newspaper and she was a member of the black press, but she declined to comment on the policy barring white reporters from going inside.

While notes were allowed, photos, video and audio recordings were prohibited during the event, according to Stephen Moody, an African-American reporter with WJCL, who was allowed entry. Another reporter from WSAV who attended the meeting was told she could stay because she was black, Moody said.

Shirley James, the African-American publisher of the black-owned Savannah Tribune, was also seen going into the meeting.

Savannah Alderman Van Johnson, who is one of three African-Americans who have stated their intention to run for mayor, said afterwards that during the meeting he had talked about his vision for an inclusive and progressive Savannah. With regards to the discriminatory policy at the door, Johnson said he believed people have the right to assemble and determine the rules of their assembly.
Louis Wilson, who said he is going to run for mayor again after an unsuccessful run in 2015, also spoke during the meeting about his priorities. Afterwards, Wilson also declined to discuss the press restriction.

Which is more disgusting? The racial restriction? That so many "leaders" in Savannah played along with and punted about the racial restriction? That ABC affiliate WJCL and NBC/CW affiliate played along with the racial restriction?

Real LEADERs and real REPORTERS would have told the event organizer to lift the racial and recording restriction or F#$% off. I'd vote for Snoopy before I'd vote for a candidate - regardless of skin color or party affiliation - who imposed a skin color or reproductive plumbing restriction at one of his/her events!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2019, 02:15:35 PM »
I didn’t see an answer,  but I assume it would be that they really are what they accuse Trump of being.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2019, 02:56:14 PM »
I didn’t see an answer,  but I assume it would be that they really are what they accuse Trump of being.

The Us vs. Them mindset was thick in the articles. The idea that government is supposed to benefit ALL law-abiding residents seems alien to these people who purport to be leaders there in Savannah.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2019, 04:27:57 PM »
It's never racist if it's done to a white person.

As I've been told many times before by black people I know..."it's impossible for a black person to be racist".
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline GOP Congress

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2019, 01:43:08 PM »
I saw it. I took a picture at a place that doesn't exist in the Known Universe.
"The main purpose of the Democrat Party and the Left is to destroy the United States, transform Western Civilization to a tribal-based dystopia, and to ultimately kill all conservatives and non progressives." - Jonah Kyle

Offline YupItsMe

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2019, 05:54:06 PM »
  Personally I'm all for the "only smoking hot babes media allowed"  so I guess I'm a little discriminatory.   :drool:

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2019, 07:39:37 PM »
a few pictures were smuggled out of the event

That's progress for ya!
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2019, 08:15:38 PM »