Author Topic: Breaking: All Charges Dropped Against Jussie Smollett  (Read 9294 times)

Offline SVPete

Breaking: All Charges Dropped Against Jussie Smollett
« on: March 26, 2019, 02:45:10 PM »
Breaking: All Charges Dropped Against Jussie Smollett (Update: Mayor Emanuel ‘This Is Not On The Level’)

There has been another twist in the Jussie Smollett case and it’s a big one. According to CBS Chicago reporter Charlie De Mar, all 16 charges against Smollett have been dropped and his record will be expunged:
Foxx did try to have the FBI take over the case early on. Does this outcome mean that, in retrospect, she was on to something? Sources close to Smollett tell TMZ that the case against him had “disintegrated.” Specifically, the check which was supposedly written to pay the brothers for the attack was actually written for training in the gym. The Osundairo brothers’ attorney admitted on national television that the check was for training but said the brothers were also asked for a favor.

This blogpost has lots of updates as relevant events happened. It looks to me like the guys who "attacked" Smollett lied on a significant point, and that made their testimony impeachable had the case gone to court. My suspicious brain wonders whether that was planned.

War: Rahm Emanuel, Chicago PD Superintendent Demand Answers On Smollett Deal

Be sure to read John’s earlier post on the Smollett case first, in which he asked what in the hell was going on in Chicago. A couple of guys in Second City would like to know that too. Mayor Rahm Emanuel and police superintendent Eddie Johnson held a press conference to vent their anger over the deal Kim Foxx gave Jussie Smollett. With Smollett now proclaiming his innocence again, Johnson demands an apology … or two:
(Embedded Tweet)
Johnson isn’t backing away from the case, either. He angrily insisted that Smollett’s claim was “a hoax, period.” If Smollett felt otherwise, well, Johnson said Smollett could have his day in court:
(Embedded Tweet)
Looks like Smollett decided to have his day in the media instead. Rahm Emanuel then took over the microphone, ripping Smollett for having the audacity to use the legacy of Matthew Shephard to promote his own career. Emanuel also tore into the district attorney’s office over the deal, calling it a “whitewash of justice,” emphasizing that the grand jury found plenty of evidence of crimes.
(Embedded Tweet)
Despite all of the fulminating at this press conference, there’s little that can now be done about the situation — at least in Chicago. Now that the charges have been adjudicated in this deal, jeopardy has attached. The city of Chicago can’t recharge Smollett, and it’s doubtful that the state could do so either. That doesn’t mean that Smollett’s off the hook, however. The FBI is still investigating the threat letter received by Empire‘s production studios a week or so before the hoax attack. If they can tie that back to Smollett, he could face federal charges for sending threats and a hoax through the US mail. They haven’t charged anyone yet, however.

Looks like this was politics. Not generically corrupt Chitown politics, but Victimhood Politics. Smollett's a twofer and got a twofer's no-criminal-record deal.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Old n Grumpy

Re: Breaking: All Charges Dropped Against Jussie Smollett
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 04:30:53 PM »
The little ass hole considers himself innocent. It would be nice if someone really kicked the shit out of him for a touch of karma.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 06:23:22 PM »
I don't want to hear any **** knocker on the left utter the phrase "white privilege" again after this clear cut case of black-gay privilege. 
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2019, 05:45:19 PM »
I heard that Smollett's lawyer said the Nigerian brothers may have attacked him while wearing whiteface.  :thatsright:

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2019, 06:23:16 PM »
I heard that Smollett's lawyer said the Nigerian brothers may have attacked him while wearing whiteface.  :thatsright:

And spoke with him ... voices he would recognize (especially if they have accents).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2019, 06:23:24 PM »

as a white man am I supposed to be offended or amused?

Police lives matter.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2019, 11:49:28 PM »
They were mimes?

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2019, 08:57:32 AM »

Police lives matter.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2019, 10:47:10 AM »
Illinois Prosecutors Bar Association Blasts Kim Foxx Over ‘Abnormal’ Smollett Dismissal

Earlier today Allahpundit posted a letter published by the National District Attorneys Association which blasted Kim Foxx’s office for its handling of the Jussie Smollett case. This afternoon the Illinois Prosecutors Bar Association put out its own letter which is even tougher on Foxx. From CWB Chicago [emphasis added]:

The manner in which this case was dismissed was abnormal and unfamiliar to those who practice law in criminal courthouses across the State. Prosecutors, defense attorneys, and judges alike do not recognize the arrangement Mr. Smollett received. Even more problematic, the State’s Attorney and her representatives have fundamentally misled the public on the law and circumstances surrounding the dismissal.

This is all very nice, but at the end of the day:

* Jussie Smollett is free and has no criminal record;

* Even if Kim Foxx is disciplined (highly unlikely, IMO), she's not likely to be voted out of office, and there are lots of activist-pressure groups who would welcome her if the unlikely happened.

Offline Will Morningstar

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2019, 04:07:13 PM »
I don't want to hear any **** knocker on the left utter the phrase "white privilege" again after this clear cut case of black-gay privilege.

Doubt he'll have  uch of a career after this. His show's ratings were the lowest ever, and there's a boycott on unless he's fired or quits. Chicago's sending him a $130,000 bill and he'll be prosecuted on false statement charges unless he pays it.

I'm a Liberal not a Leftist, whih means I actually think before I speak or act. You'll be hearing no nonsense from me, Pyro.