Author Topic: I know the type  (Read 1162 times)

Offline Delmar

I know the type
« on: March 23, 2019, 02:10:39 PM »
Sat Mar 23, 2019, 01:06 PM
Star Member FirstLight (10,019 posts)

Out on disability... just got fired

I think it's time to get a lawyer.

They didn't even do it in writing, just left me a damn message...

I've worked for them since 2015
And supposedly when on disability, you are guaranteed to come back to your job... but not this time.

I've been keeping them in the loop, giving updates on getting better, but they wait till I ask about coming back to tell me to **** off?

I guess it's a sign that something better is out there...but I really loved that job, and ppl I worked with in the community are gonna miss me...
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100211946443

I know the type--another sick leave/disability abusing leftist loser.

Response to Ms. Toad (Reply #12)Sat Mar 23, 2019, 01:34 PM
13. Gonna contact state disability monday

In .CA

I just want to make sure they don't try to screw me on unemployment

What really sucks is that they knew they were gonna let me go months ago.... I had a customer tell me in January at the grocery store that she had asked about me and they had said I was "no longer with them"
So obviously someone knew I was fired a long time ago
For some reason, they are always the last to know.  Their firing seems inevitable to everyone else around them, but it always comes as a shock to the worthless, malingering tub of guts that's getting fired.

"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline I_B_Perky

Re: I know the type
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2019, 02:24:56 PM »
Sat Mar 23, 2019, 01:06 PM

Out on disability... just got fired

I think it's time to get a lawyer.

They didn't even do it in writing, just left me a damn message...

I've worked for them since 2015
And supposedly when on disability, you are guaranteed to come back to your job... but not this time.

I've been keeping them in the loop, giving updates on getting better, but they wait till I ask about coming back to tell me to **** off?

I guess it's a sign that something better is out there...but I really loved that job, and ppl I worked with in the community are gonna miss me...

Here is what happened you stupid shit... you were gone for months and they realized they didn't miss you or need you so out the door you went.  You get canned in this economy then you are a worthless sack of shit.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2019, 03:04:09 PM »
About 10 years ago, on a Friday evening, I suffered a tib/fib fracture. The next day (Saturday) I called my supervisor and told him what happened. He said just keep me informed.

Four days later, the following Tuesday I saw a ortho. He scheduled same day surgery for Thursday, 6 days after the incident. I had spoke over the phone with my supervisor every day. The following Tuesday, 11 days after, my wife brought home work for me to do. She did this for another week, I was able to keep up with my paperwork and phone calls. After a week I hobbled into the office and from then on worked at least 6 hours/day. I was allowed time in the morning to go to PT (a few hours- 3 day/week) and twice/month Dr. visits.

If I were to add up the total hours that I didn't work it would be about 21 days worth. My employer paid me my regular salary, I couldn't file for state disability and I had VSIS disability (this is offered to fire/EMS who are injured while doing those activities) because I didn't lose any salary due to my time off.

Not all companies are as understanding as mine but I think that when an employee makes every effort to minimize the amount of time off and puts in effort then the result is different from those who milk the system for everything they can get.
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline fatboy

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2019, 03:17:59 PM »
Response to Ms. Toad (Reply #12)
Sat Mar 23, 2019, 01:34 PM
 FirstLight (10,020 posts)

In .CA

What really sucks is that they knew they were gonna let me go months ago.... I had a customer tell me in January at the grocery store that she had asked about me and they had said I was "no longer with them"

The main concern of this individual, out since the first of December (14 weeks), is not getting back to work but rather getting additional free money.

:stoner: :stoner: :stoner: :stoner:

But there is always more to the story so my guess is that this "valued employee" has a less than fantastic work performance history and had long since used up all of he/she/it's sick/personal days.

We shall see where the calls to disability go, my guess is a phone call there will produce a ray of hope then the whole thing gets quietly dropped.
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2019, 04:15:07 PM »
Response to Ms. Toad (Reply #12)Sat Mar 23, 2019, 01:34 PM

In .CA

So they did not hold the bag boy position open indefinitely?  Shame, not like you can just walk in to another business and start over at the top again.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2019, 04:25:51 PM »
Response to Ms. Toad (Reply #12)
Sat Mar 23, 2019, 01:34 PM
 FirstLight (10,020 posts)

In .CA

Well Holmes look at this as an opportunity. Make a sign, put on some raggedy clothes and go pan handling. It is an all cash business and there are no taxes and you may still be able to collect unemployment as well. :thatsright:

You will work outside in the sunshine and fresh air , meets lots of new interesting people and be your own boss. :-) :lmao:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline fatboy

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2019, 04:26:06 PM »
more information:

Response to FirstLight (Reply #56)
Sat Mar 23, 2019, 03:48 PM
 FirstLight (10,023 posts)
60. btw...been with them since 2015, and had to do short term disability once before

They ****ed with me then, too... and that is all documented as well...

what really sucks the most is that thihs is a small town and it's Boys & Girls Club, so I know practically every family in town and their kids love me... they see me at the store and ask..."where are you?" we miss you, miss Lisa!!
Now those kids will be the ones who lose out

and...
Response to totodeinhere (Reply #66)
Sat Mar 23, 2019, 04:20 PM
 FirstLight (10,023 posts)
67. Not on SSDI Federal... bu I was going to apply this year for partial

seems like every time I work over a certain # of hours I have a relapse 

I guess I have to wait till Monday to consult someone at the EDD...got a couple friends who might be able to refer a lawyer too

FirstLight is, from what it seems, is a 6th degree loser.

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2019, 04:57:28 PM »
so it was the receptionist job Lisa was canned from?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/lisa-marsh-terrell-a1843613

She'll just beg again:

https://uk.gofundme.com/disability-wait-bills-due-help-lisa-t

hopefully fixed
« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 05:57:46 PM by Tess Anderson »

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2019, 05:00:33 PM »

FirstLight is, from what it seems, is a 6th degree loser.

sounds like a professional victim
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2019, 05:41:19 PM »

She'll just beg again: HELP ME!!!

The links are no good, Tess.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline SVPete

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2019, 07:06:02 PM »
I noticed she did not mention plans to return. Was B & G Club and the community college supposed to leave her position open for 3 months and counting? Or get a temp and tell him/her they would @#$% some time, but couldn't tell him/her when?

I also noticed these inconsistent statements:

been with them since 2015, and had to do short term disability once before
seems like every time I work over a certain # of hours I have a relapse

Which is it? On disability just once before? Or multiple times? Or was it once before, but with multiple absences on sick time and vacay and even unpaid? There's something more to this story, such as enough "sick" absences that her employer concluded she could not do her job (which apparently is a legally acceptable reason for not giving her her job back).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2019, 09:42:03 PM »
Rule #1 for bag boys...Don't get left holding the bag lest you get sacked.  Use your abilities instead of your disabilities to get ahead.
Don't try to be a hero at high noon in Killville.

Offline Muddling 2

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2019, 07:21:45 AM »
Reading the comments in context, it sounds like she ran into someone at the grocery store; not that she was working there.  Regardless, I tend to agree, she appears to be the type of employee always working at the edge of incompetence.  Her employer was apparently glad to be able to let her go legally.
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2019, 02:50:30 PM »
The DUmbass is hoping the State of California is not going to screw them over regarding unemployment benefits? Of course the State of California is going to screw them over royally. They're a law abiding citizen, not an illegal alien or criminal. The State doesn't give a damn about the law abiding citizens in this country.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline tuolumnejim

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2019, 03:18:47 PM »

https://www.linkedin.com/in/lisa-marsh-terrell-a1843613

She'll just beg again:

https://uk.gofundme.com/disability-wait-bills-due-help-lisa-t

hopefully fixed
Damn I'm pretty close to the DUmmie.
A people... who are possessed of the spirit of commerce, who see and who will pursue their advantages may achieve almost anything.

GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter to Benjamin Harrison

"Democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%."
Thomas Jefferson