Author Topic: Will Morningstar's Second Open Letter to David "Skinner" Allen  (Read 22271 times)

Offline Will Morningstar

• Just Off Probation
Wednesday 20 March 2019

Mr. David Allen, a.k.a. Skinner/Naveed
Owner, Democratic Underground, and
Discussionist Media
Washington, D.C.

Dear David,

I joined Democratic Underground in July 2016. Lasted three days. Joined Jack Pine Radicals two weeks later. Lasted four days. Knew nothing of social media then, so I was easy meat. Waited a year, watched and learned, then joined Discussionist. Lasted thirteen months, and 9,170 posts. Now here we are.

When I joined Discussionist, I took you at your word, that the site you own was a good place to be. Little did I expect to be thrown to the wolves.

I joined your sites in good faith. I don't blame you for losing faith, losing heart, losing hope. The b@st@rds have ground you down. I do blame you for what you allowed them to do to me. Your disregard for your own Terms of Service (TOS) has allowed a loose assortment of 4/8channers, extremists, sadists, incels and psycopaths to hijack Discussionist, and use it as a tool to amplify hate, sow discord, and abuse the innocent, while hollowing the site of all but their own. Fortunately for me, the friends I made there did not desert me, which is how I came to find myself here, on The Conservative Cave of all places, where I am treated with courtesy and respect, despite my Liberal views. I understand that respect is only earned when first given,  which is the preach I practice.

The world's extremists are as if on the dark side of the moon. They're so far left they've become far right, and so far right they've become far left. And make no mistake, they're working together. Liberals don't shoot three-year-olds. Conservatives don't shoot four-year-olds. Fascist and Islamist terror are the two sides of the same filthy coin. One is neither better nor worse than the other. They're working together too, as bloody anarchy is what they crave. Liberals and Conservatives stand together to protect and defend the historic values and ideals of our western democracies. The extremists who would drive us apart have only driven us together.

David, it would be in your best interest as well as mine, if you would make an exception in my case and respect your own Terms of Service. Read the appeals (04 Oct 18 etc. -- Ed.) and return Will Morningstar's stolen Discussionist account without delay. Otherwise, share the blame for the shame of Christchurch. The widespread disrespect by site-owners, large and small, for their own Terms of Service, as the merchants of hate and their foul cousins, the perverters of piety, take full advantage of your common neglect, means the blood of the innocent is on all your hands.

One of your promises, however, remains all too true. On Discussionist, you offer "Real-Life Karma". One of us has honoured the Discussionist Terms of Service at all times. One of us has kept faith with all our fellow-members. One of us has reached out to all with honour, dignity and respect, and built bridges, not walls. One of us has nothing to apologize for. And one of us can stand before all with his head held high.

If you do as I ask, I pledge to serve as a force for unity, a force for change, and a force for hope. Your original vision, both for DU as a strong vehicle for your own ideals,  and, with my support, for DI as a neutral town square, can remain intact. Discussionist can still be everything you hoped, if you will only have faith. In your absence, I've spent over 2,000 hours writing thoughtful posts for Discussionist, while withstanding every conceivable abuse your runaway site could offer, all because I believed in your vision, and still do.

Sure it's a turnaround situation, but I have put in the time, and deserve the chance to make good.

Hard lessons, David, but I've learned them well. Please let the past year of my life not be in vain. At my age I don't have that kind of time to waste. Find it in your heart to believe in your own vision again, because it is both good and true.

-- Will Morningstar, DI Toronto

#hopepunk

-- 30 --

Notes:

1) Posted with thanks to Frank, Carl, MumblyPeg, Fred Sanford, imnotfred, and my American friends at www.conservativecave.com

2) Frank and friends, please post this Open Letter in your own Original Posts on both www.discussionist.com and www.democraticunderground.com (and anywhere else you like), if you see your way clear. -- Will

3) P.S.: David, also please see imnotfred's Original Post, "an appreciation thread for Skinner and Elad", at www.discussionist.com/10151965008
David, you ARE appreciated, believe it or not. Please come back.

4) In fairness, see also Ptarmigan's Original Post, "17 minutes of carnage: how New Zealand gunman broadcast his killings on Facebook", at
https://conservativecave.com/cave/index.php/topic,119825.0.html
for a true Conservative take on the Christchurch outrage. Good links, intelligent commentary.

5) I'm not alone here by any means. TheShoe joined months before me, and Frank Solich in fact first invited both Salaam and I eighteen months ago, ten days after I joined DI. At the same time, posting here I must be mindful of our audience and their sensibilities, and remember I'm here to build bridges, not burn them. Even so, posting here has been a pleasure, and continues to be. Show respect, you'll receive it. A wise policy.

6) "The opposite of #grimdark is #hopepunk". Spread the word.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Will Morningstar's Second Open Letter to David "Skinner" Allen
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2019, 04:16:53 PM »
done; posted on DU Jr. in their helpless forum.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Will Morningstar

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2019, 04:23:36 PM »

God bless you, Frank Solich.

#INDEFATIGABLE

Offline Will Morningstar

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2019, 04:46:18 PM »

Great job! The body copy is filled with banner ads for " Executive Recruitment", and "GORGEOUS RUSSIAN WOMEN". Is this what Skinner is reduced to, now that his top revenue generator is missing from the site?

Offline Will Morningstar

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2019, 08:16:07 PM »

Somebody has a LOT to say about me on your Discussionist O.P. Claims I've "been run off multiple boards". Janet S. replied, "oh, I didn't know that about him".

THE TRUTH: ONLY EVER BELONGED TO DU (3 DAYS) AND JPR (4 DAYS); DISCUSSIONIST (13 MONTHS), AND CAVE.

DOES NOT EQUAL, "HE'S BEEN RUN OFF MULTIPLE BOARDS", and "SEE, HE LIKES TO PLAY THE VICTIM".

BRIEFLY JOINED DU AND JPR, SAME MONTH, THREE YEARS AGO. DIDN'T KNOW WHAT I WAS DOING. DON'T NEED FURTHER INTERACTION WITH THIS PERSON. NOT IN MY BEST INTEREST, Global Moderator, my friend.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 08:31:28 PM by Will Morningstar »

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2019, 09:30:29 AM »
We've treated you better than your own?

That should be illustrative.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Will Morningstar

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2019, 08:28:44 PM »
We've treated you better than your own?

That should be illustrative.

It is. You always have. I'm a Liberal, not a "leftist".

Offline Will Morningstar

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2019, 05:29:58 PM »

1,068 views now in Discussionist "Help"(less -- Ed.) Forum, under the title, "a reasonable request". Thanks again, Frank.

Watch The DUmping Ground this Sunday for my next Original Post: CC190407 Discussionist, Democratic Underground Held Accountable. (1600 words)

If you could post it there too, we might do some good. I was objective, and careful with my tone. A proper olive branch for Skins & Co.

-- Will*
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 05:35:16 PM by Will Morningstar »

Offline Muddling 2

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2019, 05:39:46 PM »
Hmm...……...no follow up.  I was ASSURED there would be a follow up.

:-)
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Will Morningstar

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2019, 01:37:21 PM »
Hmm...……...no follow up.  I was ASSURED there would be a follow up.

:-)

Have faith, M2. All things in good time.

Offline Will Morningstar

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2019, 02:35:26 PM »

1,250 views in DI, ahem, Help(less) forum. Must now look at top of Page 2, as poster <fuel> is teasing them with my "post-Kill Will" survival technique (delete all posts within 3 minutes, before the Qu00b-(Death)-Squad can Alert, Private-Message, Assemble, Vote, and Hide).

"Let's Give Will Morningstar What He Wants -- Five Hides" is up to 3,700 views. Must be attracting notice, and redirects.

106 DI Members have now joined poster <blue>'s  Hide5. Joined yesterday. Nice bunch of folks. Poster <imnotfred> even thinks they're "too nice".

Just wait, Frank. You haven't seen <blue>'s Mother of Kittens side. Think Salmon Chanted Evening. Think cute kitties. Fire-breathing kitties. Run.

Offline Will Morningstar

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2019, 09:52:05 AM »

Saturday 17 August 2019

Dear Frank,

You should come back to www.hide5.boards.net. Our Admin, blue, whom you know very well, has a handle on the site, and over a hundred of the best members from The Failing Baby DU.

We've formed an alliance of normal people to push aside the usual s-disturbers, and some Cavers are with us.

We miss you. I miss you. Please come back. Bring some friends.

Offline dane

• http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-ash2/37017
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2019, 05:47:42 PM »
Saturday 17 August 2019

B/S for responding five times to the same post

This too shall pass.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2019, 08:22:58 PM »
No one gives a shit.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline dane

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2019, 10:01:54 AM »
Saturday 17 August 2019

You should come back to www.hide5.boards.net. Our Admin, blue, whom you know very well, has a handle on the site, and over a hundred of the best members from The Failing Baby DU.

We've formed an alliance of normal people to push aside the usual s-disturbers, and some Cavers are with us.

Actually, there are only 113 members total, so if "...over a hundred..." are from "...The Failing Baby DU...", it's more like a mini-version of that site, with many of them being ones who were removed, so why not just stay at the other site, unless, of course, one has been removed. 

From that forum: Members
Total Members: 113
This too shall pass.

Offline Will Morningstar

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2019, 05:44:13 AM »
Actually, there are only 113 members total, so if "...over a hundred..." are from "...The Failing Baby DU...", it's more like a mini-version of that site, with many of them being ones who were removed, so why not just stay at the other site, unless, of course, one has been removed. 

From that forum: Members

Hi, dane. Thanks for suggesting Hide5. There've been a few minor changes on the way which will make the site more user-friendly. As a result, some folks who gave it up as a bad job are now returning. Six yesterday, including tolk and Fred Sanford. I do appreciate you folks being there when I needed you.

Offline Will Morningstar

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2019, 05:47:49 AM »
Hi, dane. Thanks for suggesting Hide5. There've been a few minor changes on the way which will make the site more user-friendly. As a result, some folks who gave it up as a bad job are now returning. Six yesterday, including tolk and Fred Sanford. fools_gold came back last week. I do appreciate you folks being there when I needed you.

Offline dane

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2019, 07:28:34 AM »

Still at the same 113 on the home page.  B/S
This too shall pass.

Offline dane

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2019, 07:33:48 AM »
Hi, dane. Thanks for suggesting Hide5. There've been a few minor changes on the way which will make the site more user-friendly. As a result, some folks who gave it up as a bad job are now returning. Six yesterday, including tolk and Fred Sanford. I do appreciate you folks being there when I needed you.
Home page continues to show 113
Members
This too shall pass.

Offline Muddling 2

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2019, 07:06:38 PM »
Down to 110.  Will managed to run 3 members off.  Then attacked one of them when they weren't around to defend themselves.
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein