Author Topic: might be too little, too late, for Republicans?  (Read 2084 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
might be too little, too late, for Republicans?
« on: March 19, 2019, 05:29:16 PM »
https://dailycaller.com/2019/03/19/rubio-amendment-scotus-democrats/

I hope not, but it looks to me as if it's too late to happen in time.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Rubio Announces He’ll Introduce Amendment To Keep SCOTUS Seats At 9

Republican Florida Sen. Marco Rubio announced Tuesday on Twitter his intention to introduce a constitutional amendment that would permanently keep the number of Supreme Court justices at nine.

“We must prevent further destabilization of essential institutions,” Rubio tweeted. “Court packing is quickly becoming a litmus test for 2020 Democratic candidates. Therefore I will be introducing a constitutional amendment to keep the number of seats on #SCOTUS at 9.”.....

…..Republican Tennessee Rep. Mark Green also announced Tuesday that he “will be introducing a constitutional amendment that would limit the number of Supreme Court justices to 9” later this week.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Will Morningstar

• Just Off Probation
Re: might be too little, too late, for Republicans?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2019, 06:28:56 PM »
Constitutional amendment? Won't half the present Court be retired by the time it passes the States? But look at the bright side: The U.S. Constitution is child's play to amend, compared with Canada's. Smaller number of provinces, regional blocs, power relationships, cans of worms that mustn't be opened (anything Quebec)...

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2019, 01:55:52 PM »
Constitutional amendment? Won't half the present Court be retired by the time it passes the States? But look at the bright side: The U.S. Constitution is child's play to amend, compared with Canada's. Smaller number of provinces, regional blocs, power relationships, cans of worms that mustn't be opened (anything Quebec)...

Is that civil war still going on ?
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline Will Morningstar

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2019, 05:41:10 AM »
Is that civil war still going on ?

Last time I looked, they haven't yet sawn off Quebec and floated it down the St. Lawrence River, but it's still early in the day.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2019, 05:51:29 AM »
If the Republicans take back the house in 2020, they should increase the number of Supreme Court Justices and then let Trump stock it. They can always make the argument that this is what the Democrats wanted.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2019, 02:59:30 PM »
Last time I looked, they haven't yet sawn off Quebec and floated it down the St. Lawrence River, but it's still early in the day.

Ah, yes -- the Bugs Bunny maneuver:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/xiTM2HQ0g98/hqdefault.jpg[/img]]=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiTM2HQ0g98

Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2019, 08:49:53 AM »
If the Republicans take back the house in 2020, they should increase the number of Supreme Court Justices and then let Trump stock it. They can always make the argument that this is what the Democrats wanted.

Why wait?  He should just tweet that it's an excellent idea given the amount of judicial activism and starting listing off at least 8 people who would balance that out...  No formal nominations, just the hint, and watch lefty get violent.  C'mon, give us a chance to have to defend ourselves...