Author Topic: Felicity Huffman, Lori Loughlin, Dozens More Indicted in College Scam  (Read 9995 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Felicity Huffman, Lori Loughlin, Dozens More Indicted in College Scam
https://www.theepochtimes.com/felicity-huffman-lori-loughlin-dozens-more-indicted-in-college-scam_2834759.html

TV actresses Felicity Huffman and Lori Loughlin, along with 48 others, were charged in a nationwide bribery scam involving elite American colleges.

Court documents unsealed on March 12 alleged that the individuals were involved in a nationwide conspiracy to facilitate cheating on college entrance exams and the admission of students to elite universities, including Yale and Stanford.

“Dozens of individuals involved in a nationwide conspiracy that facilitated cheating on college entrance exams and the admission of students to elite universities as purported athletic recruits were arrested by federal agents in multiple states and charged in documents unsealed on March 12, 2019, in federal court in Boston,” according to a news release from the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Massachusetts.

50 people have been arrested for bribing their way for college admissions. Among the arrested are Felicity Huffman, Lori Loughlin, and Mossimo Giannulli.

It centers around William Rick Singer, who ran Edge College & Career Network. He pleaded guilty.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Muddling 2

Re: Felicity Huffman, Lori Loughlin, Dozens More Indicted in College Scam
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 06:39:01 PM »
There's nothing that can justify this kind of behavior; however I see this, in a way, as a monetized form of gaming the system the way some people game the Americans with Disabilities Act to gain advantage.  With the right doctor and the right diagnosis, one can get additional time to take the SAT/ACT, GRE, GMAT, LSAT, Bar Exam, Medical  Boards and many other exams. 

The system is rapidly degrading into a contest to see whom can claim the most disadvantaged state to get the most benefits.
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 09:28:43 PM »
Felicity Huffman

Verified account

@FelicityHuffman
Follow Follow @FelicityHuffman
More
THIS is how we fight for gender equality. We need to elevate voices of women on the front lines of the fight. That’s why this #IWD2019, I’m signing a letter from @ONECampaign and gender activists across the African continent. Sign their letter with me: http://bit.ly/2Uc77q7

https://twitter.com/FelicityHuffman/status/1104078995274887168

Talk about hypocrisy!
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Online Old n Grumpy

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2019, 01:33:13 PM »
Sounds like she needs to STFU and go make some sammiches.  :lmao:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2019, 06:06:33 PM »
Meet The Man Behind The "Largest College Admissions Scam Ever"
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-03-13/meet-man-behind-largest-college-admissions-scam-ever-0

A $25 million racketeering and money laundering conspiracy that was at the center of the "largest college admission scam ever" saw its ringleader unmasked thanks to the Wall Street Journal.  The man at the center of the scheme is 58-year-old William Rick Singer. We reported on the scandal at length yesterday.

Singer is called a "self described serial entrepreneur" who appeared to have found his niche in helping young people get into college. He was the founder of the Edge College & Career Network, the institution that helped broker bribes between the uber-wealthy and prestigious colleges. According to the company’s website, his goal was to "help alleviate the anxiety of getting into college" because he “has seen first hand the stress that the college admissions and athletics recruiting process can put on a family."

Following yesterday's charges, Singer pled guilty to racketeering, money laundering, conspiracy to defraud the United States and obstruction of justice. He is looking at between 15 and 19 1/2 years in prison for his crimes. During his court appearance, after a federal prosecutor ran through a number of alleged offenses committed by Singer, he confessed, saying: "Your honor, everything that [the prosecutor] said is true."

He also admitted to the judge that he knew he was breaking the law and that he had done "many more" things. He detailed, at length, his entire test taking scheme, saying that he would often claim students had learning disabilities in order to help control testing sites.

There could be more arrests coming.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2019, 06:15:16 PM »
College cheating ringleader says he helped more than 750 families with admissions scheme
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/college-cheating-mastermind-says-he-helped-nearly-800-families-admissions-n982666

he ringleader behind a $25 million college admission scam that implicated dozens of people, including Hollywood actresses Lori Loughlin and Felicity Huffman, said he has worked with more than 750 families.

William Rick Singer, who pleaded guilty Tuesday in a Boston federal court to racketeering, money laundering, conspiracy and obstruction of justice charges, said in a phone conversation recorded by the FBI that he helps "the wealthiest families in the U.S. get their kids into school."

Singer said he facilitated 761 "side doors" to admission.

This just the tip of the iceberg. William Rick Singer says he helped 761 families. Many more could be arrested.

Some of the parents spent between $200,000 to $6.5 million to ensure their children would get into the schools. Singer said the price depended on what school the parents wanted their kids to get into, according to the court documents unsealed Tuesday.

Some spent as much as $6.5 million to have their children to go to some college.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2019, 06:58:07 PM »
First #MeToo, now this ... Hollyweird arrogance is coming home to roost. Not that they're necessarily the only ones who will face consequences for their arrogance. And unlike DU-grade Progs, I do not care who gets nailed.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2019, 05:51:09 PM »
Tipster Behind College-Admission Scam Revealed; Mickelson Admits He Used Service
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-03-14/tipster-behind-college-admission-scam-revealed-mickelson-admits-he-used-service

New details have emerged on how prosecutors helped uncover what is being called the "largest college admissions scam ever". In addition, new celebrity names, including golfer Phil Mickelson, are being added to the list of those who used the service involved in brokering bribes to prestigious universities like Yale and Stanford.

The scam was uncovered due to a tip that was given to the SEC by Morrie Tobin, a Los Angeles financial executive who was being charged for a financial pump and dump scheme at the time. Tobin "was being investigated in a securities fraud case," when he tipped off the government, seeking leniency, according to a new report by the Wall Street Journal.

Morrie Tobin blew the whistle on William Rick Singer, which became the college admission scandal. Tobing was being charged for financial pump and dump scheme.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2019, 05:54:20 PM »
Six common themes unite the Jussie Smollett and college admissions scandals
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/03/six_common_themes_unite_the_jussie_smollett_and_college_admissions_scandals.html

Hollywood elites are, by definition, in the business of concocting fictional stories.  Is it any surprise that they apply these skill sets beyond screen and stage entertainment, where the fiction is acknowledged, and use them to achieve their objectives in realms affecting their personal and political lives?

Interesting read.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Online Old n Grumpy

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2019, 11:57:02 AM »
Most if not all will buy their way out and nothing will happen to the schools either. :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh:

Another case of dual "justice"
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline SVPete

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2019, 09:11:25 AM »
Hallmark has basically unpersoned Loughlin. I guess doing slimey @#$% when you work for a network that cultivates a squeaky-clean image is not a career enhancer.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2019, 09:18:03 AM »
Hallmark has basically unpersoned Loughlin. I guess doing slimey @#$% when you work for a network that cultivates a squeaky-clean image is not a career enhancer.

My wife, who watches Hallmark Channel a lot, had no comment when I just told her about this.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.