Author Topic: My wife and I saw Apollo 11 yesterday.  (Read 3134 times)

Offline CC27

My wife and I saw Apollo 11 yesterday.
« on: March 11, 2019, 07:29:52 AM »
Dave Starsky (4,575 posts)

My wife and I saw Apollo 11 yesterday.

It was a literally breathtaking movie. I was crying at the end.

How in the hell did we go from accomplishing that to being an entire nation of science-denying, PROUDLY ignorant dumb****s?

https://upload.democraticunderground.com/100211908756

Well bless your heart.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
Re: My wife and I saw Apollo 11 yesterday.
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 07:36:21 AM »
How in the hell did we go from accomplishing that to being an entire nation of science-denying, PROUDLY ignorant dumb****s?
How long will it take before the DUmmie figures out he included himself in that statement?
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2019, 07:36:51 AM »
I've oftentimes wondered this myself.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2019, 07:45:47 AM »
Now help me out here...WHICH President was it that shut down the US space program?

WHICH President gave NASA the assignment of pointing out Muslim contributions to science?
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2019, 07:47:11 AM »

Well, if those people would quit thinking there are more than just the two sexes, think that you can change your sex with self mutilation because of the way you feel and believe that we can change the climate with our actions then maybe those people will not be such proud and ignorant people. Till that time I guess they'll keep voting for people who want to ruin this country with representatives like AOC and Talib.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2019, 08:07:14 AM »
Could you imagine how berzerk the libs would go if an astronaut today on national TV were to read the first 10 verses of Genesis like Frank Borman did on Apollo 8 while orbiting the moon on Christmas Eve 1968?

They'd go beyond nuts!

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2019, 08:13:27 AM »
Now help me out here...WHICH President was it that shut down the US space program?

WHICH President gave NASA the assignment of pointing out Muslim contributions to science?

< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2019, 08:35:09 AM »
Could you imagine how berzerk the libs would go if an astronaut today on national TV were to read the first 10 verses of Genesis like Frank Borman did on Apollo 8 while orbiting the moon on Christmas Eve 1968?

They'd go beyond nuts!

They would demand that Borman, Anders, and Lovell be stranded in permanent orbit around the moon for their "crimes".
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline jukin

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2019, 09:46:20 AM »
The DUchebags really are that stupid and unaware. They have to wear slip on shoes because not a one of them could tie them up.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2019, 09:57:16 AM »
The DUchebags really are that stupid and unaware. They have to wear slip on shoes because not a one of them could tie them up.

And those shoes would have which foot they go on and TGIF (Toes Go In First) printed on the top.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline FiddyBeowulf

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2019, 10:53:37 AM »
And those shoes would have which foot they go on and TGIF (Toes Go In First) printed on the top.
I hope there is enough room for:
Left         Right
Clutch      Gas

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2019, 10:56:09 AM »
I hope there is enough room for:
Left         Right
Clutch      Gas

What??
No brakes!!!

Want to really blow their microscopic minds?
Throw in a floor starter, a la our old 54 Chevy 6400 farm truck... :lol:
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 10:58:22 AM by diesel driver »
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2019, 11:29:12 AM »
What??
No brakes!!!

Want to really blow their microscopic minds?
Throw in a floor starter, a la our old 54 Chevy 6400 farm truck... :lol:

Three on the tree, double clutch and a push button start.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2019, 12:47:09 PM »

By allowing liberals and progressives power. They f**k up everything they touch and all that was good in America. :thatsright: :loser:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2019, 03:29:30 PM »
Three on the tree, double clutch and a push button start.

Might as well throw in a floor mounted dimmer switch for the headlights. It'd drive the DUmmies nuts wondering why they're pushing the button but the car won't start..
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline Muddling 2

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2019, 04:30:40 PM »
Might as well throw in a floor mounted dimmer switch for the headlights. It'd drive the DUmmies nuts wondering why they're pushing the button but the car won't start..

I nearly had a wreck when they moved the dimmer switch to the turn signal.  Kept getting my foot caught in the steering wheel!

:rotf:
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2019, 06:03:14 PM »
Science deniers? You mean like supporters of transgender people and any anti binary gender point of view. LIke those science deniers?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 01:43:09 AM by FlaGator »
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Online BamaMoose

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2019, 10:41:14 PM »

I nearly had a wreck when they moved the dimmer switch to the turn signal.  Kept getting my foot caught in the steering wheel!

One of my first "Oh Shit" moments driving involved a floor mounted dimmer switch.  I grew up in the Northeast and my first car was a Chrysler LeBaron that was terribly rusted out from road salt.  I was driving one night, stepped on the switch and it was gone.  Straight through the floorboard.  As soon as it hit the road it was ripped out of its wiring harness and my headlights went out.  Fortunately, I was on quiet, country roads that I knew well and was close to my destination.  But still a little scary for an inexperienced driver.  The whole way I was trying to figure out what I would say to a cop if I got pulled over.  "Yes, Officer, other than that part that just fell out of my car, my headlights are in fine working order.  No, I haven't been drinking."

Offline SVPete

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2019, 07:39:08 AM »
I doubt the veracity of this :bouncy: . How many DU-folk can count to 11? :rimshot:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2019, 09:20:23 AM »
I doubt the veracity of this :bouncy: . How many DU-folk can count to 11? :rimshot:
You see Apollo eleven they see Apollo one-one. Nerds see Apollo three.