Author Topic: Why we are a Republic and not a democracy  (Read 905 times)

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
Why we are a Republic and not a democracy
« on: March 07, 2019, 12:32:42 AM »
No DUmp link or topic.

A link worth a read...... two or three times.

Why we are a Republic and NOT a democracy

Www.intellectualtakeout.org/article/why-we-are-republic-not-democracy

Some samples below.

..... the word democracy does not appear in the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, or any other of our founding documents.

In Federalist Paper No. 10, James Madison wanted to prevent rule by majority faction, saying, “Measures are too often decided, not according to the rules of justice and the rights of the minor party, but by the superior force of an interested and overbearing majority.”

John Adams warned in a letter, Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Edmund Randolph said, “That in tracing these evils to their origin, every man had found it in the turbulence and follies of democracy.”

Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline GOP Congress

Re: Why we are a Republic and not a democracy
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 10:33:43 AM »
Darn, I was hoping to read the post of the next MIRT victim...
"The main purpose of the Democrat Party and the Left is to destroy the United States, transform Western Civilization to a tribal-based dystopia, and to ultimately kill all conservatives and non progressives." - Jonah Kyle