Author Topic: I just donated the $2800 max contribution  (Read 3654 times)

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
I just donated the $2800 max contribution
« on: February 21, 2019, 04:59:05 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100211842721

Apollyonus (812 posts)

I just donated the $2800 max contribution

to Kamala Harris, Elizabeth Warren and Sherrod Brown.

I am reserving $2800 for Beto O'Rourke

I am posting this because I am happy about doing it to get a REAL Democrat elected as POTUS.

(And also to compete with several seemingly coordinated threads of how they have donated $27)

Who are these people that they have 11.2K lying around that they can't wait to give away?

I have never in my life had that kinda scratch, that I could part with it on a whim, knowing that even if one of the candidates win, I will have given
 nearly 9k to losers.

If they have that kind of money, wouldn't they benefit from tax breaks that they whine about?

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
Re: I just donated the $2800 max contribution
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 05:02:18 PM »
LOL I like this reply...

panader0 (18,166 posts)

51. Those four donations are like my yearly income.

(Bragging about how poor I am).

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 05:08:04 PM »

uh oh, tension and doubts...
progressoid (43,510 posts)

17. Sure, sure. Yesterday I had breakfast with Kamala, Lunch with Elizabeth and Dinner with Sherrod.

Tomorrow Bernie and I are having a spa day.

Zing...

Response to progressoid (Reply #17)Wed Feb 20, 2019, 04:03 PM
xmas74 (27,147 posts)

54. Why so dismissive?

I know someone in my small town Dem club who has already maxxed out her donations to Warren and Harris and plans on donating to Brown, Klobucher and Booker. Her husband said they also plan on sliding over max contributions possibly to Hickenlooper and Biden. She said if Beto were to run she'd "make it rain". (Older, retired woman who just learned that phrase and giggles when she says it.)

I can't afford to donate that kind of money but some can. When she said what she was doing it wasn't to brag about the money but to set an example to donate now and to help a proud Dem.

And...... now we know why

Star Member progressoid (43,510 posts)

60. This former poster may very well have donated for all we know.

Last edited Thu Feb 21, 2019, 04:57 PM - Edit history (1)

But her(?) post wasn't to show her support of those candidates so much as it was to rub it in the noses of the Sanders' supporters.

Is that DU member questioning one's gender identification? isn't that a tombstone offense? and why do they call the other DUmmie a "former poster?"

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2019, 05:47:00 PM »
This DUmmy may as well donated to the aching seed bank for all the good it would do. 
Members of the loading and unloading zone park for free.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2019, 06:01:46 PM »
Zimbabwe dollars or New Taiwan dollars? :rimshot: At least the latter do have value.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2019, 06:11:47 PM »
It won't show up on open secrets for some time, but if this DUmmy did donate anything, it'll be a first for him.

The OP has a low post count, so here you go. Nothing under that other name, either.

Online jukin

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2019, 06:52:32 PM »
I just laughed hard a couple drops of pee came out.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2019, 06:53:21 PM »
It won't show up on open secrets for some time, but if this DUmmy did donate anything, it'll be a first for him.

The OP has a low post count, so here you go. Nothing under that other name, either.

Thank You!! You are incredible!!!!

Yep, looking like board cred is all this whacko wants.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2019, 08:14:05 PM »
>board cred is all this whacko wants.

while ( TRUE ),  once the sphincters  let you in mayhem may follow with the release of a penultimate stink.  A mole and gerbil both
desire dark, damp tunnels of desire.  Sometime it sucks to come out, other times it blows.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2019, 08:33:29 PM »
Yonnie3 (5,764 posts)      Thu Feb 21, 2019, 08:01 PM
72. Locking ...

Admin has asked that we lock all active primary threads in General Discussion.

If you like, please repost in the Democratic Primaries forum and continue discussion there.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline SVPete

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2019, 08:36:07 PM »
Yonnie3 (5,764 posts)      Thu Feb 21, 2019, 08:01 PM
72. Locking ...

Admin has asked that we lock all active primary threads in General Discussion.

If you like, please repost in the Democratic Primaries forum and continue discussion there.

DU Mods don't have the ability to move threads from one forum to another? Or too damn lazy?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2019, 08:46:57 PM »
A fool and their money...

You know the rest.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2019, 08:48:32 PM »
DU Mods don't have the ability to move threads from one forum to another? Or too damn lazy?

No, they don't; there's a lot of things one expects they can do, but they can't.

It has to do with "control;" the more freedom Skins allows the primitives, the less control of things he has.

My major complaint about that is something else; unlike here, they don't have the ability to merge threads, so as to neaten up the place.  It seems that on some subjects, each primitive wants to be the original poster, rather than commenting on a thread already posted.

Anyway.

Oh wow.

My my.

comment 3958:
https://conservativecave.com/cave/index.php/topic,81827.3950.html
apres moi, le deluge

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2019, 08:57:20 PM »
>A fool and their money...

Until the thrill goes away?  Down or up, it still goes away and the debt remains...

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2019, 07:51:05 AM »
She said if Beto were to run she'd "make it rain". (Older, retired woman who just learned that phrase and giggles when she says it.)
That phrase comes from the objectification of women in strip clubs. Why do you hate women?
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline SVPete

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2019, 08:41:59 AM »
No, they don't; there's a lot of things one expects they can do, but they can't.

It has to do with "control;" the more freedom Skins allows the primitives, the less control of things he has.

My major complaint about that is something else; unlike here, they don't have the ability to merge threads, so as to neaten up the place.  It seems that on some subjects, each primitive wants to be the original poster, rather than commenting on a thread already posted.

I did both as a Mod on RO. vBulletin has those features ... I wonder if DU RYO Dino-SW does. The latter drives me nuts, too. I don't want to post the same thing on 3 or 30 threads or try to remember on which threads I posted what.

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2019, 09:44:57 AM »

Thank you!

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2019, 12:17:27 PM »
I donated the maximum amount to the Human Fund. <-Google it if you wish.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2019, 12:17:34 PM »
Thank You!! You are incredible!!!!

Yep, looking like board cred is all this whacko wants.

Little tiny Craftsman home: https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/4640162_zpid/42.071978,-88.17524,41.975189,-88.358059_rect/12_zm/1_fr/?view=public

It was transferred to Heather Ross in 2007.  Ross is one of the AKAs of the poster.

Very fishy.  I don't know if it HAS a basement but I am thinking in that direction.  I am ready to comfortably retire and I do not HAVE $11K to blow on candidates -- especially not candidates COMPETING WITH ONE ANOTHER.

(this is all public record so I don't care if it is DOXing).
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2019, 01:19:57 PM »
Little tiny Craftsman home: https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/4640162_zpid/42.071978,-88.17524,41.975189,-88.358059_rect/12_zm/1_fr/?view=public

It was transferred to Heather Ross in 2007.  Ross is one of the AKAs of the poster.

Very fishy.  I don't know if it HAS a basement but I am thinking in that direction.  I am ready to comfortably retire and I do not HAVE $11K to blow on candidates -- especially not candidates COMPETING WITH ONE ANOTHER.

(this is all public record so I don't care if it is DOXing).

That listing says it has 1.75 bathrooms. I've heard of 1 bathroom, 2 (or more) bathrooms, and 1 and a half bathrooms, but I've never heard of something having 1.75 bathrooms. Maybe I'm just stupid, but what does 1.75 bathrooms mean?
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline SVPete

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2019, 02:12:34 PM »
... a single family home that contains 1,180 sq ft and was built in 1977. It contains 3 bedrooms and 1.75 bathrooms. This home last sold for $190,000 in March 2007.

The Zestimate for this house is $156,798, which has increased by $3,574 in the last 30 days. ...

Looks like they bought near the top of the real estate market, possibly "lost" $50K-$60K and are still >$33K below their purchase price. I wonder if they're "under water".

I'm going to guess that a 3/4 bath has a toilet and a stall shower.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2019, 02:53:39 PM »
That listing says it has 1.75 bathrooms. I've heard of 1 bathroom, 2 (or more) bathrooms, and 1 and a half bathrooms, but I've never heard of something having 1.75 bathrooms. Maybe I'm just stupid, but what does 1.75 bathrooms mean?

Outhouse with a tub but no plastic urinal thingy.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2019, 03:54:37 PM »
Outhouse with a tub but no plastic urinal thingy.

Everything but a "shitter"? :-*

I have no idea what 1.75 bathrooms means.  Never noticed that listed before either.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2019, 04:04:08 PM »
Everything but a "shitter"? :-*

I have no idea what 1.75 bathrooms means.  Never noticed that listed before either.

From my experience in searching for a home...

It is toilet with shower stall, no bathtub.

1/2 bath is toilet and sink
3/4 is toilet shower and sink
full bath is Tub, shower and sink

another poster posted the same above

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2019, 04:14:49 PM »

That is usually a bathroom with a shower but no tub.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen