Author Topic: Memories of Muellermas past: The original Fitzmas  (Read 982 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Memories of Muellermas past: The original Fitzmas
« on: February 21, 2019, 12:41:23 PM »
Reminders of a glorious era in DUmmy and liberal stupidity, from 2005 the recap of Fitzmas:

Urban Dictionary

"Fitzmas" is the atmosphere of excitement and anticipation preceding the conclusion of Patrick Fitzgerald's grand jury investigation into the Bush regime's treason and perjury.
My Fitzmas list has expanded from just Scooter and Rove; I secretly hope I get a Cheney indictment or resignation because I've been a very good boy this year.

The Charlie Brown-like sense of excitement experienced by leftists eagerly awaiting the indictment of (pleeeeease just one) high-ranking Bush Administration official in connection with the NON-outing of NON-secret agent Valerie Plame, before reality pulls a Lucy and removes the football from the path of their foot.

Wee Willie Pitt declares Fitzmas a reality:

ROVE INFORMS WHITE HOUSE HE WILL BE INDICTED

Rove Informs White House He Will Be Indicted
By Jason Leopold
t r u t h o u t | Report

Friday 12 May 2006

Within the last week, Karl Rove told President Bush and Chief of Staff Joshua Bolten, as well as a few other high level administration officials, that he will be indicted in the CIA leak case and will immediately resign his White House job when the special counsel publicly announces the charges against him, according to sources.

Details of Rove's discussions with the president and Bolten have spread through the corridors of the White House where low-level staffers and senior officials were trying to determine how the indictment would impact an administration that has been mired in a number of high-profile political scandals for nearly a year, said a half-dozen White House aides and two senior officials who work at the Republican National Committee.

Speaking on condition of anonymity, sources confirmed Rove's indictment is imminent. These individuals requested anonymity saying they were not authorized to speak publicly about Rove's situation. A spokesman in the White House press office said they would not comment on "wildly speculative rumors."

Rove's attorney, Robert Luskin, did not return a call for comment Friday.

(snip)

Late Thursday afternoon and early Friday morning, several White House officials were bracing for the possibility that Fitzgerald would call a news conference and announce a Rove indictment today following the prosecutor's meeting with the grand jury this morning. However, sources close to the probe said that is unlikely to happen, despite the fact that Fitzgerald has already presented the grand jury with a list of charges against Rove. If an indictment is returned by the grand jury, it will be filed under seal.

Rove is said to have told Bolten that he will be charged with perjury regarding when he was asked how and when he discovered that covert CIA operative Valerie Plame Wilson worked for the agency, and whether he discussed her job with reporters.

...more...

:)

Hee.

24 Business Hours

WilliamPitt  Donating Member (1000+ posts) | |
I just got off the phone with Jason Leopold

who clarified something for me that is pretty damned important. In his article, he said:

"During the course of that meeting, Fitzgerald served attorneys for former Deputy White House Chief of Staff Karl Rove with an indictment charging the embattled White House official with perjury and lying to investigators related to his role in the CIA leak case, and instructed one of the attorneys to tell Rove that he has 24 hours to get his affairs in order, high level sources with direct knowledge of the meeting said Saturday morning."

In point of fact, those 24 hours are "business hours," i.e. starting on Monday.

"Jeez, Jason," I said, "we might want to put that into the essay. Half the planet thought 24 hours was 24 hours. They thought the deal would go down today."

To be fair, a dozen eyes looked at that article yesterday before we published it, mine included, and none of us caught that. The word "business" has been inserted into the story after "hours" where it belongs:

So. Monday at the very earliest, but more like Tuesday or Wednesday.

I'm going to go take a nap and then go get drunk with some friends tonight. Dan's brother Ken, the airline pilot and all-around wild-man, is in town for the weekend. Gonna be the Linwood Cafe, and their Mojo from the nitrogen tap, and then around again to our usual gathering spot.

I'd repeat everything I've said about Jason's multiple independent sources, about how the MSMs failure to pick this up sounds more like more of the same old shit than anything ominous, about how no hard paper or announcements or anything will come until, at a minimum, the government re-opens for business on Monday...but I've written it all already.

The truth will out. It always does.

Later, gators.

A couple more interesting links, not compiled by myself for further humor:

Disappointment and the ghosts of Fitzmas past

The First Fitzmas

DUmmy Funnies
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
Re: Memories of Muellermas past: The original Fitzmas
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 01:23:56 PM »
Ah, good times.

And I expect we are about to have some more of them.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 02:46:35 PM »
Ah, good times.

And I expect we are about to have some more of them.

I am SOO glad our friends "high-level sources" continue to deliver the goods.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2019, 05:25:16 PM »
Ghost of Fitzmas Past
Ghost of Fitzmas Present
Ghost of Fitzmas Yet to Come

Ghost of Muellermas Past
Ghost of Muellermas Present
Ghost of Muellermas Yet to Come
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2019, 03:56:21 PM »
Ghost of Fitzmas Past
Ghost of Fitzmas Present
Ghost of Fitzmas Yet to Come

Ghost of Muellermas Past
Ghost of Muellermas Present
Ghost of Muellermas Yet to Come

Next might be "Schiff-mas".  Since the Mueller thing is fizzling, pencil neck is preparing to continue investigating.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender