Author Topic: Stories & Opinions Worth Knowing but Maybe Not Quite Threadworthy 12/6  (Read 635 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Another panga boat washes up on beach near homes of Hollywood stars
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/another-panga-boat-washes-up-beach-near-homes-hollywood-stars

Little more than a week after a panga boat full of suspected illegal migrants landed on a California beach near the homes of Hollywood stars, another vessel was spotted Wednesday morning in the area.

A homeowner reported seeing the panga boat — narrow, high-bowed vessels often used by human and drug smugglers — at Malibu's El Pescador Beach around 5:30 a.m. Wednesday. The Los Angeles County Fire Department was first on the scene.

Responding units found the overturned boat on the shoreline with a debris field, including 15 fuel canisters and a few personal items, a spokesman told Fox News Digital.

The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department and U.S. Border Patrol were alerted and opened an investigation.

The illegals have arrived at Malibu, which is home to many Hollywood stars.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Re: Stories & Opinions Worth Knowing but Maybe Not Quite Threadworthy 12/6
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2023, 09:03:34 PM »
Woman who threw burrito bowl at a Chipotle worker sentenced to working at fast-food restaurant
https://nypost.com/2023/12/06/news/woman-who-threw-burrito-bowl-at-chipotle-worker-must-work-at-fast-food-restaurant/

An Ohio woman who was found guilty of hurling a piping-hot burrito bowl in the face of a Chipotle employee had her jail time lessened after agreeing to work at a fast-food chain as part of her sentencing arrangement.

Rosemary Hayne, 39, was found guilty last week of assault after violently flinging her food at Emily Russell, who was working behind the counter when Hayne launched her obscene, caught-on-video attack.

“You didn’t get your burrito bowl the way you like it and this is how you respond?” Parma Municipal Court Judge Timothy Gilligan said during sentencing, according to Fox 8.

“This is not real Housewives of Parma. This behavior is not acceptable.”

Hayne told the court and Russell that she was sorry for her actions — before going on to say that the food she was given looked “disgusting.”

Hurling a burrito bowl at a Chipotle worker got Rosemary Hayne in trouble. She has been sentenced to work as a fast food employee.

Gillian told Hayne he would give her 60 days jail credit if she agreed to work at least 20-hour weeks at a fast food restaurant for two months.

“So I thought, why should the city taxpayers pay for her and feed her for 90 days in the jail if I can teach her a sense of empathy?” Gilligan said. “I also hope this deters others from this type of behavior.”
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2023, 09:12:01 PM »
Congressman, ousted House Speaker McCarthy to resign from Congress at year's end
https://justthenews.com/government/congress/kevin-mccarthy-resign-congress-years-end

Former House Speaker Kevin McCarthy said Wednesday that he will resign from Congress at the end of the year.

The California Republican made the announcement in a Wall Street Journal op-ed, under the subtitle: "I'm leaving the House but not the fight."

McCarthy became the first House speaker in U.S. history to ever be removed from the leadership position when eight Republicans sided with Democrats to vote McCarthy out in early October. Louisiana GOP Rep. Mike Johnson was elected speaker later that month following a tumultuous battle for the position.

Oh well.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2023, 09:15:07 PM »
Chicago officials say city needs to include public in immigrant housing decisions
https://justthenews.com/nation/states/center-square/chicago-officials-say-city-needs-include-public-migrant-housing

As Chicago continues to see an influx of noncitizen arrivals coming to the city, there are questions about how to shelter these individuals during winter.

The people have been housed in police stations, YMCAs, and former colleges, and as the numbers continue to increase, city officials are looking at public places that could be turned into shelter cities.

Original plans by the city included warming buses for the migrants during the winter months and a $29 million contract to use taxpayer funds for military-grade tent cities. The city has also used 17 churches in its plan, and each site is expected to hold about 20 arrivals.

Alderman Chris Taliaferro told The Center Square that the city approached him about using a public park in his district for shelter.

Chicago said they were a Sanctuary City. Well, they got their wish.
:ownit:
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2023, 12:06:00 AM »
Congressman, ousted House Speaker McCarthy to resign from Congress at year's end
https://justthenews.com/government/congress/kevin-mccarthy-resign-congress-years-end

Oh well.

Well, bye Kev'...
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2023, 09:32:13 AM »
Chicago officials say city needs to include public in immigrant housing decisions
https://justthenews.com/nation/states/center-square/chicago-officials-say-city-needs-include-public-migrant-housing

Chicago said they were a Sanctuary City. Well, they got their wish.
:ownit:

Send them back home a simple and effective solution that will cost a lot less than letting them stay and making taxpayers foot the bill.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!