Author Topic: DUmpasses still don't get it. Cursing and wishing bodily harm on Covington Kid  (Read 4420 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Editor’s note related to Lincoln Memorial incident

By Washington Post Staff
March 1 at 5:17 PM

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/03/01/editors-note-related-lincoln-memorial-incident/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.9b95ae15f214

A non-apology, non-retraction CYA piece is their first public response to the lawsuit.  I like how they had follow-up articles such as “Investigation finds no evidence of ‘racist or offensive statements’ in Mall incident.”  The investigation found no racist or offensive conduct from the students.  There was all sorts of racist and offensive conduct from the blacks and Indians involved in this publicity stunt.  I also enjoy them trying to cover up the Stolen Valor issue.  Instead of just saying that he flat-out lied about his military service, they try to take the position that they just misunderstood his comments.  Because Phillips saying on-record, in videos, that he walked point in Vietnam as a Marine "Recon Ranger" is really ambiguous.  I find it both disturbing, and hilarious, that Stolen Valor scumbags think they can make the most extraordinary claims (See TomInTib) or invent imaginary ratings and MOS's.  I've never served in the military, but I have worked with the DOD my entire career.  If I can easily spot these poseurs, then anyone with active duty experience can see them a mile away.

And, of course, I doubt the DUmmies will take notice of how the Washington Post is trying to extract themselves from their race-baiting.

You're right, that is a pathetic non-apology "apology" that reasserts the inaccurate claims without explaining why the story was completely wrong.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Editor’s note related to Lincoln Memorial incident

By Washington Post Staff
March 1 at 5:17 PM

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/03/01/editors-note-related-lincoln-memorial-incident/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.9b95ae15f214

A non-apology, non-retraction CYA piece is their first public response to the lawsuit.  I like how they had follow-up articles such as “Investigation finds no evidence of ‘racist or offensive statements’ in Mall incident.”  The investigation found no racist or offensive conduct from the students.  There was all sorts of racist and offensive conduct from the blacks and Indians involved in this publicity stunt.  I also enjoy them trying to cover up the Stolen Valor issue.  Instead of just saying that he flat-out lied about his military service, they try to take the position that they just misunderstood his comments.  Because Phillips saying on-record, in videos, that he walked point in Vietnam as a Marine "Recon Ranger" is really ambiguous.  I find it both disturbing, and hilarious, that Stolen Valor scumbags think they can make the most extraordinary claims (See TomInTib) or invent imaginary ratings and MOS's.  I've never served in the military, but I have worked with the DOD my entire career.  If I can easily spot these poseurs, then anyone with active duty experience can see them a mile away.

And, of course, I doubt the DUmmies will take notice of how the Washington Post is trying to extract themselves from their race-baiting.

Way too late for the Washington Post. They know they are being sued.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 10:17:13 AM by Ptarmigan »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du