Author Topic: To People Of Color...  (Read 2156 times)

Offline CC27

To People Of Color...
« on: February 14, 2019, 08:30:26 AM »
Progressive Jones (488 posts)

To People Of Color...

As a white man, with insider knowledge, I can assure you that there are way more hateful, racist white a-holes than you probably already imagine.

However, take heart in the fact that there are way more white people who are your allies than you probably imagine.

We're trying, believe me. We can't turn all of the racists around overnight, but we're trying.

https://upload.democraticunderground.com/100211817739

Well bless your heart.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
Re: To People Of Color...
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2019, 08:33:56 AM »
Insider knowledge?  If he's got insider knowledge, that means he associates with racists.  Guilt by association, Dummy.  Your standard, not mine

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2019, 08:54:27 AM »
Progressive Jones (488 posts)

To People Of Color...

As a white man, with insider knowledge, I can assure you that there are way more hateful, racist white a-holes than you probably already imagine.
They are called democrats.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2019, 09:01:21 AM »
Oh wow.

This is the primitive who told that larger-than-life bouncy tale yesterday (Wednesday) that even the primitives didn't believe.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2019, 09:21:30 AM »
Ya know, I live in the "south", and I don't see any of this white racism the primitive speaks of.

I have seen racism from blacks though.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2019, 09:36:38 AM »
From a purely semantic viewpoint, is there any difference between saying "people of color" and "colored people'? I don't see it. Certainly the latter isn't that big of a deal, otherwise the NAACP would have changed their name. But other than the historical slight of saying "colored people", there really is no difference.

I'm guessing that it won't be long until "people of color" will be a racist phrase, depending on who says it, of course.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2019, 10:32:34 AM »
LPC OP neèds to read Pàt Màgroin's best selling book, Moling for Beginners anď Derps
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2019, 10:55:11 AM »
White-Splainer!!!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2019, 11:04:15 AM »
Oh wow.

This is the primitive who told that larger-than-life bouncy tale yesterday (Wednesday) that even the primitives didn't believe.

desperately seeking DU cred...
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2019, 11:20:51 AM »
Ya know, I live in the "south", and I don't see any of this white racism the primitive speaks of.

He's a Democrat and hangs out with mostly Democrats so he probably sees a lot more white racists than the average conservative. He probably looks back fondly to the old days when any democrat could just string a black man up and every negro knew his place.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2019, 11:49:54 AM »
Come on, someone has gotta fess up that this is their mole someday.  Meanwhile, don't keep trying so hard.  You reeled in a bunch of DUmmies with your "attacked at work by a MAGA co-worker" tale.  But seasoned, somewhat sane DUmmies were calling bullshit.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline jukin

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2019, 11:50:15 AM »

I live in California and have seen huge racism from blacks.  Never any from whites but I think that is changing thanks to the left.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2019, 12:23:26 PM »
...  Never any from whites but I think that is changing thanks to the left.

I've seen, online, indications that some whites are so totally POed at being falsely accused of racism that their resentment is turning into total distrust of blacks (and Hispanics as well).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2019, 12:57:46 PM »
True story.

I've a friend who works in a grocery store.  This store has a little coffee area, where they make lattes and such, fill growlers with beer, and the make the southern staple - sweet tea, and sell it by the gallon.

Black female, late 40's, buys said sweet tea, takes it home, brings it back the next day HALF GONE, and wants her money back because it wasn't sweet enough.

SHE DOES THIS 6 TIMES.

Finally they tell her that maybe she should try some other tea, since she obviously doesn't like theirs.

She accuses the employee of being a racist, and files a complaint with corporate about the racism the store employees exhibit.

Nothing happens to any employee.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2019, 01:26:05 PM »
During truck driver training, my trainer was black. Good guy, grouchy at times, but what can you do. He was happy to teach as long as you tried and put the work in. His daughter though... unemployed and steeped in some heavy farrakhan level stuff. It was impressive the level of white devil victimhood she posessed
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline SVPete

« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2019, 01:29:08 PM »
My son worked for a time at a fast-food restaurant. A 40-ish black man tried the old pay-with-a-$10-claim-it-was-a-$20 scam on my son. Son refused to fall for it or buy the guy off, and the black guy started calling my son a racist. My son retorted appropriately. To shut the Race Card Player up the manager sent my son home and gave the Race Card Player $10, knowing that the count of my son's cash drawer would vindicate my son (which it did). Thankfully, my son had been well taught about racism (except that he would be hated for his own skin color, mea goofa) and plenty of friends of a wide variety of ethnic heritages.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2019, 03:12:37 PM »
One of my first jobs while in college was at a shoe store. One day I was on the sales floor with one other salesperson when suddenly a crowd came in and all wanting service. Most saw there were only 2 of us on the floor and were patient. But this one black woman wasn’t and wanted me to ignore everyone but her. She threw such a fuss when I wouldn’t disregard everyone else, I told her to leave. Well, you can guess from there. Racism!

The store security person told me she smelled alcohol on the woman’s breath.

Look, the color of money is green. When it comes to these things, that’s all I really care about. But I don’t put up with rude, that’s for sure.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2019, 10:02:50 PM »
>Progressive Jones (488 posts) makes a hue in color...

The radio is playing a sad old country song,
About somebody loved someone up until they done 'em wrong,
There's whiskey in the bottle and bullets in the gun,
I bet the devil will be waiting when this lonely ride is done ...

Reach down and change the station some holy roller's on,
He tells me to do right after a life of doing wrong.
He tells me that salvation's just a credit card away,
Think I'll pay a little visit ain't doing nothing anyway ...

I'm on the road, On the road to nowhere.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2019, 08:33:54 AM »
I live in California and have seen huge racism from blacks.  Never any from whites but I think that is changing thanks to the left.
Another group to be on the receiving end of black racism, lighter skin toned black people.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline SVPete

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2019, 08:50:09 AM »
Another group to be on the receiving end of black racism, lighter skin toned black people.

I've read that it's bi-directional.

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2019, 10:12:01 PM »
Well bless your heart.

I swear, as long as I live I don't think I'll ever understand the boot-licking that goes on over there...
I really don't get it. These people must have serious and chronic self-esteem issues

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2019, 10:21:34 PM »
If you want to reach people of color, the DUmp is the last place you want to speak with.  As described by themselves, the site is 97% lily white.  Except for the King of All Blacks Lamond and the Queen of All Blacks, EffieBlack.  Or so they claim on the internet.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2019, 06:28:07 AM »
If you want to reach people of color, the DUmp is the last place you want to speak with.  As described by themselves, the site is 97% lily white.  Except for the King of All Blacks Lamond and the Queen of All Blacks, EffieBlack.  Or so they claim on the internet.

Hey, it’s on the Internet, so it must be true! :whatever:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2019, 06:37:09 PM »
>Progressive Jones .. To People Of Color... I can assure you that there are way more hateful, racist white a-holes than you probably already imagine.

Color ain't no metric unless you are a racist like yourself.   I bet you are wishing, your Mama's in the kitchen cooking fried Chicken, and wishing you had not done wrong.

There ain't no good in an evil hearten person like you.   Whatever chain gang you are on, it's no good.

Offline jukin

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2019, 10:37:21 AM »
To people of color, please stop with the hate crime hoaxes, the racism, and the whining.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.