Author Topic: Only a RUMOR of democrats offering 1.3bln in wall money and DUmpassed go nuts  (Read 910 times)

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100211809165

Mon Feb 11, 2019, 10:54 PM
Miles Archer (14,294 posts)

MSNBC: Border "deal" includes $1.375 B for a "border barrier"
Frank Thorp, NBC News, is on right now with Lawrence O'Donnell.
Bill needs to be written down. No idea if Trump will sign off on it. $1.375 B for a "border barrier," 55 miles of barrier, NOT a concrete wall, on the 2000 mile border.

Response to Miles Archer (Original post)Mon Feb 11, 2019, 10:56 PM
Star Member InAbLuEsTaTe (14,618 posts)

1. WTF!!! Thought our party's position was not one damn penny for an immoral wall...
So now our position is that the wall won't be "concrete." I'm callin' bullshit on that one!!
No way Nancy & Chuck go back on their promise... we're winning the government shutdown argument for ****'s sake!!
No way they're gonna compromise on a non-concrete wall!!

Response to Miles Archer (Original post)Mon Feb 11, 2019, 11:00 PM
Fullduplexxx (2,256 posts)

2. News tomorrow "dems cave, trump gets wall money"

Response to Fullduplexxx (Reply #2)Mon Feb 11, 2019, 11:03 PM

3. No way our side agreed on ANY money for a wall, barrier or whatever the **** people want to call it.
Nancy promised not one cent... she's too smart to cave on this.

Response to Solomon (Reply #6)Mon Feb 11, 2019, 11:23 PM

18. If true, BEYOND pissed!!

Response to Miles Archer (Original post)Mon Feb 11, 2019, 11:11 PM
Joe941 (1,239 posts)

15. No way Pelosi allows this. The news is fake.

Response to Miles Archer (Original post)Mon Feb 11, 2019, 11:26 PM
Star Member stopbush (20,017 posts)

20. So, they REDUCED the amount for border barriers that was in the December bill
yet DUers are clutching their pearls that Ds caved on the wall funding.
This is why we lose.

Response to Miles Archer (Original post)Mon Feb 11, 2019, 11:27 PM
Star Member briv1016 (1,520 posts)

21. Let me guess, Schumer authorized this.
There's no way in hell it was Pelosi.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
Response to Miles Archer (Original post)Mon Feb 11, 2019, 10:56 PM

1. WTF!!! Thought our party's position was not one damn penny for an immoral wall...
So now our position is that the wall won't be "concrete." I'm callin' bullshit on that one!!
No way Nancy & Chuck go back on their promise... we're winning the government shutdown argument for ****'s sake!!
No way they're gonna compromise on a non-concrete wall!!
If a new border wall is immoral please convince your party leadership of the importance to remove the walls that are in place now. Tell them we need to tear them down. In fact, please make this a key party plank in 2020.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline SVPete

A wall to prevent or hinder people from entering the US illegally is immoral, but DU-grade Ds and Progs are urging zero meaningful action on a D Lt. Governor who has been plausibly accused of a rape and a sexual assault? DUpipo and their ilk are unqualified to speak on whether things are moral or immoral.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline GOP Congress

Only in fantasyland is getting an 80% compromise IN YOUR FAVOR called a loss.
"The main purpose of the Democrat Party and the Left is to destroy the United States, transform Western Civilization to a tribal-based dystopia, and to ultimately kill all conservatives and non progressives." - Jonah Kyle

Offline jukin

I guess there is another shutdown.  After 30 days Trump needs to start the great RIFing. He should also start privatizing agencies like TSA and the FAA.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
Didn't Obama build 300+ miles of walls and Bush built 500+ miles that Dems ok'ed?
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Wall is now a trigger word to the left.

Semantic goons. :banghead:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender