Author Topic: Giffords Gun Control Org Releases Annual Gun Control Scorecard  (Read 1162 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
Giffords Gun Control Org Releases Annual Gun Control Scorecard
« on: February 11, 2019, 02:13:36 PM »

Giffords, the civilian disarmament advocacy operation run by Mark Kelly and Gabby Giffords, has just released their annual ratings of gun laws throughout these United States. In case it isn’t clear, this is one test you want your state to fail.

Giffords rates 22 states as having what our readers and millions of American gun owners would consider good gun laws. In other words, Giffords gives them a grade of F.

You can probably guess the Second Amendment-infringing states on which Giffords bestowed their highest mark. They are California, New Jersey, Connecticut, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York and Hawaii. No surprises there.

Giffords even provides commentary on the 2018 “progress” each state made in restricting the right to keep and bear arms. For our F-rated home state of Texas, they say . . .

Texas did not enact any firearm-related legislation in 2018. The state has very weak gun safety laws and is a major exporter of crime guns. To raise its grade above an F and save lives from gun violence, Texas should pass universal background checks, prohibit hate crime offenders from accessing guns, and repeal its dangerous campus carry law.

Yay us!

As for the gun control nirvana of California . . .

California continued to strengthen its already strong gun laws in 2018 by, among other things, raising the minimum age to purchase and manufacture guns and broadening its domestic violence laws. To uphold its role as a leader in gun violence prevention, California should also substantially increase its investment in violence intervention programs, restrict bulk firearm purchases, and regulate the sale of homemade “ghost gun” components.

And yet Californians are abandoning the state at the rate of about 2000 per week. Go figure.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2019/02/daniel-zimmerman/giffords-gun-control-org-releases-annual-gun-control-scorecard-how-did-your-state-do/
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
Re: Giffords Gun Control Org Releases Annual Gun Control Scorecard
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 02:14:23 PM »
My home state of Texas and my adopted home state of Kentucky both got an F.

This is one time where a failing grade is a good thing.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 08:37:42 AM »
I don't know how Florida got a C
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2019, 09:37:13 AM »
I don't know how Florida got a C

Could be some of the changes Gov. Scott made after Parkland not to mention the new anti gun AG Commissioner they have.  Her department oversees concealed carry permits.