Author Topic: here we go again... In the check out line turn the Enquirer upside down  (Read 2006 times)

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
I guess stupid eventually always manifests itself in repeating patterns

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100211795308

ri Feb 8, 2019, 04:49 PM
Star Member pwb (3,052 posts)

In the check out line turn the Enquirer upside down or put a magazine in front of it.
What goes around comes around.

Response to pwb (Original post)Fri Feb 8, 2019, 04:50 PM
Star Member Eliot Rosewater (20,090 posts)

1. Normally anything that would make a working person's life harder I would say no.
But this takes all of 2 seconds to move it back where they are supposed to have it so YES do this whenever possible.

Response to pwb (Original post)Fri Feb 8, 2019, 05:00 PM
Star Member csziggy (26,456 posts)

3. I may start complaining about them selling a publication that blackmails people

I mostly shop at Publix which has very right wing executives but tends to respond to customer complaints. During the Reagan Administration I went into one of their stores and they had a big "JUST SAY NO TO DRUGS" banner hung over their cigarette display. I complained about the ridiculousness of campaigning against drugs when cigarettes addict and kill so many people. The next time I went in the banner was gone and withing a year they stopped selling cigarettes from the big open displays.

If I start complaining about National Enquirer, it will be interesting to see if that works - but I am not even sure if they still sell it at the registers any more.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: here we go again... In the check out line turn the Enquirer upside down
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 04:06:59 PM »
Symbolism over substance.  But look ma', I made a difference today!!!
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Online Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2019, 04:14:44 PM »
Why are they doing this?
Does the cover paint a leftist in a bad light?

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2019, 04:39:24 PM »
Why are they doing this?
Does the cover paint a leftist in a bad light?

I'm guessing it's because of the story the Enquirer is running about Jeff Bezos of Amazon and his cheating on his wife.

Suddenly, just like that the DUmmies are running to the defense of a megabillionaire who owns a company that many former employees say is run like a sweatshop
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2019, 04:45:14 PM »
 :thatsright: Turning it upside down is a great idea! :thatsright: Draw the attention of people checking out to the tabloid, make people curious! :thatsright:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2019, 05:30:06 PM »
I wonder if they realize that they are protecting a billionaire one percenter?

Offline jukin

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2019, 05:41:46 PM »
I din't think it possible but DUchebags are even stupider than your average journalist.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2019, 05:44:59 PM »

Just like molesters and rapists they only care about the AGENDA of the person.  If it is THEIR 1% it is perfectly OK.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2019, 08:37:12 PM »
Response to pwb (Original post)Fri Feb 8, 2019, 05:00 PM
Star Member csziggy (26,456 posts)

3. I may start complaining about them selling a publication that blackmails people

I mostly shop at Publix which has very right wing executives but tends to respond to customer complaints. During the Reagan Administration I went into one of their stores and they had a big "JUST SAY NO TO DRUGS" banner hung over their cigarette display. I complained about the ridiculousness of campaigning against drugs when cigarettes addict and kill so many people. The next time I went in the banner was gone and withing a year they stopped selling cigarettes from the big open displays.

If I start complaining about National Enquirer, it will be interesting to see if that works - but I am not even sure if they still sell it at the registers any more.

Wow! You complained and they removed the banner AND stopped selling cigarettes from the big open displays? Why haven't the dems put your successful complaining to use and saved the world from GloBull Warming and the mean orange man?
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2019, 10:21:11 PM »
Wow! You complained and they removed the banner AND stopped selling cigarettes from the big open displays?

I see the cziggy primitive, who got married during the hippie era in a drindl with a flower in her hair, who's lied about her local library, is distorting the truth again.

Sales of cigarettes got more and more constrained during the 1980s and 1990s due to federal and state legislation.  I forget the year, but shortly after cigarette vending machines had been banned, self-service cigarette sales were also banned, and stores had to sell them from behind the counter.

Her whining about the way in which cigarettes were then sold had nothing to do with this legislated change.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 10:29:13 PM by franksolich »
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2019, 10:40:01 PM »

They overlook it because they got the same agenda. It is all about the agenda.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2019, 11:14:22 AM »
Wow! You complained and they removed the banner AND stopped selling cigarettes from the big open displays? Why haven't the dems put your successful complaining to use and saved the world from GloBull Warming and the mean orange man?

And, Hobby Lobby & Chick-fil-A are out of business now!
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2019, 05:28:28 PM »
I see the cziggy primitive, who got married during the hippie era in a drindl with a flower in her hair, who's lied about her local library, is distorting the truth again.

Sales of cigarettes got more and more constrained during the 1980s and 1990s due to federal and state legislation.  I forget the year, but shortly after cigarette vending machines had been banned, self-service cigarette sales were also banned, and stores had to sell them from behind the counter.

Her whining about the way in which cigarettes were then sold had nothing to do with this legislated change.

Kind of like sacrificing a virgin to the volcano God and taking credit when the volcano quits erupting
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2019, 09:11:59 PM »

It's ok because Bezos is one of them and immune to criticism for his actions even when those actions are the same, or worse, committed by people they hate.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2019, 09:20:53 PM »
>pwb ... In the check out line turn the Enquirer upside down or put a magazine in front of it.  What goes around comes around.

Like when you dive head first under the bed sheet and make a six a nine, that smell taint' all that good.  Jenkem all the way.

Offline GOP Congress

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2019, 01:00:02 PM »
Every other magazine is just as fake as "The Enk." So they would be hiding a lot a magazines with their own standards.
"The main purpose of the Democrat Party and the Left is to destroy the United States, transform Western Civilization to a tribal-based dystopia, and to ultimately kill all conservatives and non progressives." - Jonah Kyle