Author Topic: People wonder how Republicans can still support Trump?  (Read 618 times)

Online CC27

People wonder how Republicans can still support Trump?
« on: February 08, 2019, 08:06:28 AM »
Drunken Irishman (29,177 posts)

...I mean, after all the bullshit that has come out against him over the course of the last few years...

Are you surprised? Even here on DU, the home of progressive, liberal politics, we've got long-standing members defending blackface as just a 'costume' and now other DUers questioning the victim of a sexual assault by suggesting she may have had it coming because, gosh, who'd go into a hotel room of a man without expecting to have a dick rammed down their throat?

We're no better than the right. Let's drop all pretense on this bullshit. We'll defend ours just as vehemently as they defend Trump. We'll excuse their indiscretions, defame the supposed victims of those indiscretions and dismiss any wrongdoing for politicians we like - or need.

Trump exists because of the same mentality borne out of a mindset exactly like this.

We'll go to great lengths to defend the indefensible when it comes to partisan politics. It's sickening. If your defense of a Democrat sexually assaulting someone is that the woman should have known what to expect, you're no better than the Republicans you deride for supporting Trump.

How could anyone support a racist sexual assaulter like Trump?

Oh, jeez, I don't know!

https://upload.democraticunderground.com/100211788942

I am sure you had no problem defending Bill Clinton.  Hypocrite.

Offline SVPete

Re: People wonder how Republicans can still support Trump?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 08:44:50 AM »
Drunken Irishman (29,177 posts)

...I mean, after all the bullshit that has come out against him over the course of the last few years...

* DUpipo supported BHO when he hid his assault on Americans' healthcare behind, "If you like your ...".

* DUpipo supported WJC the serial assaulter of women.

* DUpipo supported HilLIARy, who enabled and defended her rapist husband.

Then again, so much of "the bullshit that has come out against (Trump)" has proven to be just that, bullshit, with no basis in truth.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2019, 08:49:23 AM »
Friday, February 08, 2019

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Friday shows that 50% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Trump’s job performance. Forty-nine percent (49%) disapprove.
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/prez_track_feb08

suck it DUmmies :bird:
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2019, 10:39:51 AM »
Let's see here, Trump has kept just about every campaign promise except one and he's working on that.  This is despite being trashed daily by the MSM, SJW news sites, liberal news sites, the Justice Department, Intelligence Departments, Democrats, and never-Trumpers.

Not too shabby if you ask me.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline jukin

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2019, 02:29:05 PM »
We're no better than the right.

Don't sell yourselves short DUchebags.  You much worse that the right.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2019, 03:49:23 AM »

Well, if bullshit is just that........
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.