Author Topic: Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax threatens legal action against conservative website over  (Read 990 times)

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive

Looks like the news about Virginia #2 has hit the fan...

Mon Feb 4, 2019, 09:07 AM

Jarqui (5,144 posts)

Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax threatens legal action against conservative website over 'defamatory ...

Source: Richmond Times-Dispatch

and false' sexual assault allegation

Virginia Lieutenant Governor Justin Fairfax has threatened legal action against a conservative website that aired what Fairfax’s office called a “defamatory and false” sexual assault allegation against him. .......

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10142259243

Lot's 'O Outrage and no doubt more on the way

Response to Jarqui (Original post)

Mon Feb 4, 2019, 09:20 AM

Iliyah (16,566 posts)

2. Republicans in

Virginia and elsewhere are going after Democrats . .

That's one of the way they can win besides stealing it outright.

Kettle/Black

Response to Iliyah (Reply #2)

Mon Feb 4, 2019, 09:30 AM

Jarqui (5,144 posts)

4. That's true

But I'm not sure yet if that is purely what is going on here.

I'm trying to be honest and objective - which Republicans often are not. The facts and the truth should guide us.

Kavanaugh and Christine Blasey Ford is giving me pause here. When I looked over this woman's bio, she was an academic that reminded me of Christine. Seems like a nice lady who I'm not sure even wants this to come out. So out of respect for that and concern for hypocrisy, I'm trying to tread carefully.

On the other side of the coin, there's Al Frankin so I'd like to be careful of that for Lt Gov Fairfax.

Jarqui (5144 posts) in danger of not making it to 5145 posts?

:-) :-) :-) :-)

Response to NotAPuppet (Reply #9)

Mon Feb 4, 2019, 10:38 AM

Mr.Bill (5,818 posts)

14. Northam and Fairfax

need to call a joint press conference and call this exactly what it is. Nobody should resign yet.

All that wasted DUmmy effort to get Northan to quit.

Response to Jarqui (Original post)

Mon Feb 4, 2019, 10:05 AM

mahatmakanejeeves (21,106 posts)

12. "Virginia Lieutenant Governor Justin Fairfax has threatened legal action...."

He's a public figure. That's a really high bar.

As opposed to private citizens that are under the age of 18

Then Big Moe weighs in....
Response to mahatmakanejeeves (Reply #12)

Mon Feb 4, 2019, 11:06 AM

Star Member mopinko (51,991 posts)

17. it's a pretty serious allegation.

i think that meets the bar.

I think she means "I think they met at a bar".
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline SVPete

I have not seen how "conservative websites" reported the accusation. If they reported it simply as an accusation, his threat is in the empty-SLAPP (strategic lawsuit against public participation) range and will go nowhere.

One HUGE difference between this accusation against Fairfax and the Covington HS accusations (which his threat obviously invokes): within a day video emerged that PROVED the Covington HS accusation FALSE. Last I heard re Fairfax, there's nothing - nothing to support or falsify the accusation.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
That's a really funny primitive thread there.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Delmar

Response to Jarqui (Original post)Mon Feb 4, 2019, 02:49 PM
Star Member 0rganism (21,758 posts)
38. yep, gov. Northam put a big ol bullseye on lt. gov Fairfax's back

prepare for further rat****ing until the GOP sneaks one of its own into the governorship.

We shouldn't have to sneak one in.  Using Dummy logic, I believe that Ed Gillespie should be declared governor.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline jukin

1. Good luck with that you mouth raping asshole.

2. He is not very well versed in legal precedents.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Fairfax suggests Gov. Northam could be behind leaked sexual assault allegation
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/lt-gov-justin-fairfax-suggests-gov-northam-behind-leaked-sexual-assault-allegation

Virginia Democratic Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax on Monday, when asked by a reporter, did not rule out the possibility that embattled Democratic Gov. Ralph Northam could be secretly pushing a newly revealed sexual assault allegation against Fairfax to derail his possible ascension to the governorship.

And in a separate, fiery statement late Sunday, Fairfax accused The Washington Post of "smearing an elected official," reiterated that the sexual assault allegation against him is "false," and seemingly threatened to sue the paper for rebuking his earlier characterization of the evidence surrounding the episode.

"This is what we meant when we said that people who continue to spread these false allegations will be sued," Fairfax said.

Virginia Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax thinks Governor Ralph Northam could be the one behind it.

Should Northam resign, Fairfax would have the unusual opportunity in 2021 to seek another term as governor since he was not elected in the first place. Under Virginia law, governors can serve more than one term, but not consecutively.

"This scenario could not only create Virginia's second African-American governor, but an environment where the second African-American governor would have the opportunity to have almost a seven-year term," said University of Mary Washington political science professor Stephen Farnsworth. The state's first African-American governor, Douglas Wilder, served from 1990 to 1994.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Is this clown going to go after the esteemed Washington Post as well?  Or any other publication that is reporting this?  His days in office seem numbered as well.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline DUmpsterDiver

>Washington Compost:  The reason they decided not to publish, according to them, was that there was no corroboration — basically a “he said, she said” situation. And, as we all know, current tendencies go more toward “believe all women” in these cases.

One must be a democrat woman to get a story in the Compost.  Transparent as an empty mind.

Offline tuolumnejim

Then Big Moe weighs in....
I think she means "I think they met at a bar".

Is that the same place that teddy got Mary Jo Kopechne from?  :whistling:
A people... who are possessed of the spirit of commerce, who see and who will pursue their advantages may achieve almost anything.

GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter to Benjamin Harrison

"Democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline SVPete

Is this clown going to go after the esteemed Washington Post as well?  Or any other publication that is reporting this?  His days in office seem numbered as well.

The WashPost kind of stomped all over Fairfax's SLAPP threat and mashed that sucker flat:

WaPo Replies To Virginia Lieutenant Governor: No, We Didn’t Find “Red Flags Or Inconsistencies” In Your Accuser’s Story

The statement he (Fairfax) released last night claimed that not only had the Washington Post run down his accuser’s story and found nothing to substantiate it, it uncovered “significant red flags and inconsistencies” that all but discredited her.

Not true, says WaPo. What they found, it seems, is a he said/she said situation in its purest form. There’s no evidence to support the claim that Fairfax sexually assaulted anyone — and no reason to believe the accuser is lying.
The Post says it called people who knew Fairfax in college, law school, and socially and no one’s ever heard of him engaging in any sort of sexual misconduct. As for the accuser, the paper says they couldn’t corroborate her claim because “she had not told anyone what happened.” You mean she never told anyone until she first approached WaPo in 2017, or she didn’t tell anyone at the time and for a long time after it happened but then opened up to confidants much later? Because the latter would be the Christine Blasey Ford standard, of course.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Pretty much an empty threat, coming from an elected official.  It's a sure-fire way to make yourself look more dirty afterward than you did before.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 07:24:43 PM by DumbAss Tanker »
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
I'm sure private attorney general Laserhaas is available, Fairfax.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender