Author Topic: How many of us have never looked at our own Yearbook?  (Read 597 times)

Online CC27

How many of us have never looked at our own Yearbook?
« on: February 04, 2019, 08:10:37 AM »
Tom Rinaldo (19,431 posts)

How many of us have never looked at our own Yearbook?

OK, let's just say for the moment that a few folks, for whatever reason, never did. How many of us don't have at least a friend or two who would let us know that they had seen our page in that yearbook, if there was a photo of a swastika associated with our name? Or in this case a hooded Klan man standing with a clownish black faced white guy?

I mean, mistakes like that happen all the time, right? No big deal, nothing to be embarrassed about and no need to disavow it, either then or in the decades that followed...

Northam may be a totally different man now than he was as a Med school graduate (and yes, at 24 he was a man, not a boy.) Frankly, I don't know definitively if he is or not. I assume he has evolved since those days, most people do evolve, but I'm not in a position to know to what extent. His politics have evolved from Republican to Democratic, that is a matter of record. And as a Democrat he has taken some progressive stands, that too is on record. But his response to having that yearbook photo exposed is now also on the record. And it too is a fail.

I don't think the man deserves to be destroyed over something that happened 35 years ago which was never adequately dealt with; not then, not in the years that followed, and not this weekend either. But having to step aside from the Governorship does NOT equal being destroyed. America usually embrace those who truly repent. We may no longer trust them to occupy the same positions of power that they once held, but we can grow new and in some cases even greater respect for them. I listen closely to John Dean now, and learn from what he has to teach.

Today, more than ever, we need moral leadership on matters of racial justice from those who occupy our highest offices, particularly inside states where racial justice was once so blatantly trampled on. If there is a case to make to rally around Governor Northam now, that case must originate with Black Virginians first. Were that the case, I would be receptive to hearing it. Lacking that, and that is in fact lacking, Northam must step down. And progressive activists, especially white progressive activists, must not reflexively rally to his side out of partisan loyalties.

https://upload.democraticunderground.com/100211770233

Excuses excuses.

Offline SVPete

Re: How many of us have never looked at our own Yearbook?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2019, 08:24:39 AM »
I looked at my high school yearbooks quite a bit at the time, and occasionally in years since. Errors were quite few. Friends signing each others' yearbooks with greetings, memories, and humor was a thing back then.

I think Northam was honest at the first when he acknowledged he was in the picture, and later tried to weasel out after realizing one face was pretty much unrecognizable and the other covered. Brazening things through has been D pols' favored approach to scandals since Bill & Hill in the 1990s.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2019, 08:45:14 AM »
Here's the "normal" evolution of a dimocrat...yes this is real.

Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2019, 09:07:53 AM »
Quote from:
I listen closely to John Dean now, and learn from what he has to teach.

That's because he's gone LW whacko like you are. Tell me tommy, how many former LW kooks who turned right wing do you "listen closely to... and learn from what (they) have to teach"? I'm betting zero.

You're only interested in those who confirm what you want to believe anyway. Skin's island is definitely the place for you. Calling you immature is too good for you; you're simply an idiot.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2019, 09:28:50 AM »
I don't think the man deserves to be destroyed over something that happened 35 years ago which was never adequately dealt with; not then, not in the years that followed, and not this weekend either.

Bet you didn't feel that way about Bret Kavanaugh.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2019, 11:05:00 AM »
BTW, apparently Northam is claiming he never bought a copy of his yearbook. Plausible and probably unverifiable.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2019, 12:16:23 PM »
Yearbooks are great until the cheerleader pages get stuck together.
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)