Author Topic: the alleged origin of "learn to code"  (Read 822 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
the alleged origin of "learn to code"
« on: February 03, 2019, 09:23:45 PM »
https://newrepublic.com/article/153019/fetid-right-wing-origins-learn-code

The Fetid, Right-Wing Origins of “Learn to Code”

How an online swarm has developed a sophisticated mechanism to harass and gaslight journalists—and to get mainstream media outlets to join in.

…..Then the responses started rolling in—some sympathy from fellow journalists and readers, then an irritating gush of near-identical responses: “Learn to code.” “Maybe learn to code?” “BETTER LEARN TO CODE THEN.” “Learn to code you useless bitch.” Alongside these tweets were others: “Stop writing fake news and crap.” “MAGA.” “Your opinions suck and no one wants to read them.” “Lmao journalists are evil wicked cretins. I wish you were all jail and afraid.”

I looked at the mentions of my editors, who had been laid off after years at HuffPost, and of other journalists who had lost their jobs. There they were, the swarm of commentators, with their same little carbuncular message: “Learn to code.”

On its own, telling a laid-off journalist to “learn to code” is a profoundly annoying bit of “advice,” a nugget of condescension and antipathy. It’s also a line many of us may have already heard from relatives who pretend to be well-meaning, and who question an idealistic, unstable, and impecunious career choice. But it was clear from the outset that this “advice” was larded through with real hostility—and the timing and ubiquity of the same phrase made me immediately suspect a brigade attack......

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Yeah, yeah, yeah, this complaint from a profession that went wildly rabid in sputtering Hate against high school kids--minors--just a couple of weeks ago.

Anyway, this:

By Talia Lavin

If one's not aware of who this is, check out https://nypost.com/2018/06/26/new-yorker-staffer-resigns-after-falsely-accusing-ice-agent-of-having-nazi-tattoo/
apres moi, le deluge

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Re: the alleged origin of "learn to code"
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2019, 10:26:17 PM »
We're just kidding, nobody's dumb enough to trust your coding skills.  Coding requires logic skills that are totally outside the scope of emo thinking or the idea that 'Moral' convictions trump 'Actual facts.'

So FOAD. 
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline GOP Congress

Re: the alleged origin of "learn to code"
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 10:30:55 PM »
I should have archived a few articles.

When the meme started with the "Learn to code" barbs at the Huffpo/Buzzfeed journalists, I had done a few google searches for "Learn to code" "coal miners".  I had found several articles and had linked to a couple, then didn't give it another thought. Now that twitter has started to ding tweeters using #learntocode, I went back to attempt to find the articles.

Nothing. Gone, into the memory hole of fire, Winston Smith style.

I tried through Bing, couldn't do it. Duckduckgo, my usually search engine, doesn't have a custom date range function, so I couldn't find anything.

I know DAMN WELL the articles existed, and in fact was a pretty big celebration by the communist bastards when Obama killed the coal industry, and the leftists were hard on the ex-miners.

So yeah. CENSORSHIP. These bastards at the social giants are worse than any psyops enemy I've ever known in military training. They ARE the enemy. Always remember.

EDIT: Firefox and Chrome mysteriously deleted any references to those sites as well. So they get into your history if you have it, so unless you actually bookmark it (which I'll probably do from now on), you won't even have a record in your history. (I'm sure Edge and Safari do it as well.)

2nd EDIT: I want to reiterate I'm not talking about the 2015 news articles that had references to SOME coal miners working as coders. I'm talking about the original articles when Obama had created his EO's in his first term, essentially ending the industry in WV around 2009-2010. They included the articles that referenced the leftists' taunts as well. Those articles are now missing.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 10:51:27 PM by GOP Congress »
"The main purpose of the Democrat Party and the Left is to destroy the United States, transform Western Civilization to a tribal-based dystopia, and to ultimately kill all conservatives and non progressives." - Jonah Kyle