Author Topic: Worrying development in Jussie Smollett attack investigation  (Read 1738 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Worrying development in Jussie Smollett attack investigation
« on: January 31, 2019, 09:23:57 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100211753891

Just making a place holder for now ...

:rotf:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
Re: Worrying development in Jussie Smollett attack investigation
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 09:30:57 PM »
A possible hoax??? INCONCEIVABLE!!!! I'm shocked!!! Shocked I say!!!
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 10:06:53 PM »
catbyte (12,476 posts)

Ummmm, why would any turn of events in this case be "Worrying"? Do DUpipo NEED a particular conclusion as to what happened?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2019, 10:21:19 PM »
January 2019 has not been really good for the news media. Michael Cohen's claim that Donald Trump told him to lie, Covington, and now Jussie Smollett.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2019, 06:54:28 AM »
catbyte (12,477 posts)

This message was self-deleted by its author

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2019, 07:33:45 AM »
Original post now deleted:

1 hr ago
Star Member catbyte

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1091000155124297728
Yashar Ali

Confirmed with two Chicago PD sources that Jussie Smollett and his manager refused a request to turn over phone records to show Smollett's manager was on the phone with Jussie when the attack took place. Its not clear if Chicago PD will move to obtain records independently

Confirmed with two Chicago PD sources that Jussie Smollett and his manager refused a request to turn over phone records to show Smollett's manager was on the phone with Jussie when the attack took place. Its not clear if Chicago PD will move to obtain records independently

10:48 AM - Jan 31, 2019

Offline Maverick1987

• M o l o n L a b e
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2019, 07:43:55 AM »
Ummmm, why would any turn of events in this case be "Worrying"? Do DUpipo NEED a particular conclusion as to what happened?

YES
Deplorable since 2016

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2019, 07:53:00 AM »

Wonder if catbyte was getting death threats via PM for daring to question a black gay.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline SVPete

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2019, 08:05:06 AM »
 :rotf: Deleting the OP closes the thread, but not before DUpipo former9thward (one of the less crazy on DU) tried to inject some sanity and reason into a thread that never saw any rails. :rotf: He was duly rewarded with this, after his facts made too much sense:

EffieBlack (12,470 posts)

31. May I ask if you're white or a POC?

And if you're white, whether you spend a lot of time with black Chicagoans or in the black community.

:rotf: When you lack facts and reason, resort to ad hominem arguments, attack the man! :rotf: Why former9thward seems not to have anticipated this eludes me.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2019, 08:24:22 AM »
January 2019 has not been really good for the news media. Michael Cohen's claim that Donald Trump told him to lie, Covington, and now Jussie Smollett.
Just revealed, Don Jr. phone records showed he had not called Don Sr. regarding the "russian meeting" at Trump tower. Adam Schiff hardest hit.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline SVPete

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2019, 08:29:03 AM »
Just revealed, Don Jr. phone records showed he had not called Don Sr. regarding the "russian meeting" at Trump tower. Adam Schiff hardest hit.

Yep, he apparently called business associates, either informing them of a schedule change due to the new meet-up or some unrelated business matter.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2019, 09:37:36 AM »
I'm not saying this to virtue-signal, because I'm sure everyone here feels the same way. With that qualification:

* If what happened was as Smollett described, I want the attackers' asses nailed to the wall, at the appropriate height above ground;

* If Smollett lied to perpetrate a hoax and stir of racial-sexual shit, I want his ass nailed to the wall, at the appropriate height above ground.

Racist assaults and faked hate crimes are equally malicious and poisonous. DUpipo's problem with the possibility that Smollett lied is that they need to deny the significance - quantity and impact - of fake hate-crimes. DUpipo's victim-oppressor worldview is threatened when a member of a victim class lies to appear as a victim.

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2019, 09:53:52 AM »

Racist assaults and faked hate crimes are equally malicious and poisonous. DUpipo's problem with the possibility that Smollett lied is that they need to deny the significance - quantity and impact - of fake hate-crimes. DUpipo's victim-oppressor worldview is threatened when a member of a victim class lies to appear as a victim.

I'd go one further...
Racist assaults and faked hate crimes are far more damaging. And actual attack hurts one person. Fake, made-up BS hurts countless real victims by diluting the perceived seriousness of this type of evil behavior.
The DUmpasses are only worried about it turning out fake because by nature, their over-use and fabrication of every conceivable social ill is by nature no longer taken seriously. These people are their own worst enemy, and it doesn't matter how many times you warn them, they are incapable of being honest.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2019, 11:07:15 AM »
I'd go one further...
Racist assaults and faked hate crimes are far more damaging. And actual attack hurts one person. Fake, made-up BS hurts countless real victims by diluting the perceived seriousness of this type of evil behavior.
The DUmpasses are only worried about it turning out fake because by nature, their over-use and fabrication of every conceivable social ill is by nature no longer taken seriously. These people are their own worst enemy, and it doesn't matter how many times you warn them, they are incapable of being honest.

To me it's a very close call.

Racist attacks are intended, among other things, to inspire fear among all of the target's community. They are also intended to intimidate into silence those who would oppose the racism (e.g. the old epithet N-Word lover).

OTOH, hoaxes are intended to gin up hatred in the community of the hoaxer for their supposed oppressors. And poison the minds of supporters of the fake victim's community.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2019, 11:52:19 AM »
Just my opinion, but I think the biggest reason there are so many fake hate crimes these days is because there is very little real hate crimes.

The left need that narrative and are willing to do whatever it takes to keep the myth of racial unrest alive.

I get called racist all the time. It used to bother me, nowadays I don’t and won’t give them the time of day. The word has no meaning. It’s just like marriage. It won’t be long and that word will have zero meaning.

KC

*Stolen

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2019, 12:19:21 PM »
I have become so jaded over the years that when I hear events of this nature from either side I am skeptical. With that said I have also noticed that the preponderance of hoaxes tends to be perpetrated by those on the left. When they are not seeing confirmation of their narrative they create confirmation by staging hoaxes that quickly fall apart.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2019, 12:23:23 PM »
Just my opinion, but I think the biggest reason there are so many fake hate crimes these days is because there is very little real hate crimes.

The left need that narrative and are willing to do whatever it takes to keep the myth of racial unrest alive.

KC
When Joe Biden says stuff like "they want to put you back in chains!!!1111!!11!" at campaign rallies, that is one method to keep that myth alive.

I do find it odd that he says "they want" when the "they" that 1st put them into chains was his own follow democrats.

Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2019, 01:39:51 PM »

I get called racist all the time. It used to bother me, nowadays I don’t and won’t give them the time of day. The word has no meaning. It’s just like marriage. It won’t be long and that word will have zero meaning.

KC

This^  Yep that word has been abused and misused so much that it no longer has any meaning to me.  If everything is racist then nothing is racist.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2019, 02:07:19 PM »
As I similarly stated at CU, my suspicions were immediately raised on the MAGA claim, and nooses.  In that part of Chicago (or at all, for that matter) is so unlikely.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline SVPete

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2019, 02:09:47 PM »
Honest activists welcome, recognize, and encourage improvement.

Hucksters deny improvement because it threatens their gravy train.

Provocateurs deny improvement because they want conflict.

Expoiters deny improvement because it threatens to expose what they really are working toward.

Hoaxers are, largely, hucksters, provocateurs, and exploiters. The boundary between the latter two is very fuzzy.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2019, 02:15:18 PM »
As I similarly stated at CU, my suspicions were immediately raised on the MAGA claim, and nooses.  In that part of Chicago (or at all, for that matter) is so unlikely.

I don't know Chicago, but the unlikely elements are many:

* Recognizing a bundled up dude at 2AM;

* Carrying a rope (or thick cord) while walking down the street at 2AM;

* Carrying bleach (or whatever it was) while walking down the street at 2AM;

* The "too perfect" actions.

I cannot say it's impossible, but it's at least close to sighting-a-squadron-of-flying-pigs territory.

Offline jukin

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2019, 02:58:43 PM »
It was a gay hook up or drug buy but probably both.

There have been no hate crimes except for black or muzzie on white people.  All others have been proven or admitted hoaxes.  My go to position on a black or muzzie or hispanic or a lbgtqwerty claiming hate crime on whitey is to call bullshit.  100 out of 100 times I'm proven correct.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.